Skitarii Colourschemes!

Charlo

​The first picture I always think of when I think of the Adeptus Mechanicus is this one:

http://www.oocities.org/fabricatorgeneral/artwork/techpriests1.gif

I know it doesn't help with colour schemes but  the image just oozes character. The small wheeled device fitted to the first priest, the not-quite-human hands, the head in the ornate suspension tube... It has made me want to kitbash some tech priests for a long time.

There's another image I can't find sadly that looks like a Tech Priest walking through a sandstorm. I think it's a John Blanche pic.

​I found it, I remember a picture in black and white but this version is in colour. The eyes don't look as bright in this version.

889a93e47fc0ad5ba7c08748bc3ef9b7.jpg

Wow, those are really eye-catching! It's going to be good to see those vanguard finished. smile.png

Thanks!

I was wary of the triple-threat primary colour approach, but I think it's worked out quite well!

I'm going to be painting my robots like this too, for that real old school cool:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/3/30/Imperial_Colossus_Class.png/revision/latest?cb=20130812094854

Wow, those are really eye-catching! It's going to be good to see those vanguard finished. smile.png

Thanks!

I was wary of the triple-threat primary colour approach, but I think it's worked out quite well!

I'm going to be painting my robots like this too, for that real old school cool:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/3/30/Imperial_Colossus_Class.png/revision/latest?cb=20130812094854

I thought about doing some of those old Compendium robot schemes and then using paint chipping to cover most of it up and reveal bits and pieces. I just don't know if I want to put that much work into it all. I'll probably do it just because it's cool. I loved those crazy heraldic patterns on robots. Something very anachronistic and counter-intuitive about it.

Totally, I came across the images while looking for inspiration and was just like "yeah, now I have to do this!" gotta get that old school feel in.

Once fires of Cyraxus lands I can see myself buying a lot of 30k robbits....

Thanks!

I thought about doing some of those old Compendium robot schemes and then using paint chipping to cover most of it up and reveal bits and pieces. I just don't know if I want to put that much work into it all. I'll probably do it just because it's cool. I loved those crazy heraldic patterns on robots. Something very anachronistic and counter-intuitive about it.

Ditto. My Harlequins aren't up to a huge amount - but I do love the bizarrely garish quality to things like that. More, when it's stompy-as robots, well, there's something terribly charming.

I think I've devised a good halfway house for mine - I'm tempted to go with a fairly basic industrial scheme:hazard stripes, bare metal, messy etc. But, critically - I'm also tempted to do some graffiti on them. I mean: if they're programmed only for fairly *specific*/literal tasks, then anyone could theoretically sidle up to them and give them a lick of paint. Tag them, paint them, paint over etc.

I mean: big honking robots on guard duty is just asking for trouble if you're a somewhat sacrilegious juve trying to make your way in a gang and drum up some prestige...

Of course, having no such decent skills, I'm happy to let the idea proliferate out to people who aren't as incompetent as me!

Archived