Skitarii Colourschemes!

Charlo

I always make sure my base rims are black, because that little bit of border makes it possible for me to use snow-based models on desert terrain boards, and similar mismatches.

Also, it's classy :)

LOL i'm such an idiot sometimes(no one agree with me pleasetongue.png ) i didnt realise the bases were black plastic DOH! wallbash.gif

the scheme you have for your "bases" looks really good and will def make them pop !

thanks for the colour listing,what you said was enough to help me so many thanks yes.gif

i'm with Vel"Cona on this and do look forward to seeing the finished product!

Cheers, Mithril

@Grand Master Laertes- that scheme is stunning, i'm trying to reduce the effects of my jealousy circuits as they are going off the charts wub.png .

BUT....the base colour just makes some of the best parts of this disappear sad.png maybe a change of rim colour at the very least...

but otherwise...Awesomesauce indeed!

Cheers, Mithril

p.s. what were the colours used for the whole yellow effect.. and especially what was used on the leggings too please(they are similar to the effect i want on my leggings so very interested in what you used there yes.gif )

I am glad that you like this scheme, but I am not sure I understand what you are saying when you speak of the "base colour". Do you refer to the colour of their (unfinished) bases, or to the base colours of the models?

However, I do not have the recipe for the leggings' colour here with me in the office, but if I remember it correctly it is just a Karak Stone basecoat applied on a black undercoat, washed with a 2:1 mix of Agrax Eartshade and Lahmian Medium and then highlighted with Ushabti bone. It is possible that I also applied a Dark Flesh coat before the Karak Stone, but I am not really sure about that.

Aksita? Terminology Defenition, if you please.

As to the paintwork, very nice flames.

Thanks Egregorius!

Aksita is a Sanskrit word meaning "immortal, uncorruptible" but also "many" (100.000.000.000, to be precise). It is the name I chose for my Incaladine cult.

I did some research in some Sanskrit lexicons when I discovered that almost all the names and words related to the Incaladion Forge World (both in FW Horus Heresy books and in BL novels) are of sanskrit origins (tech-adept Corteswain being the only notable exception I can think of... but nowhere is said that he was born on Incaladion, he might have come there from another planet). "Leyaka", which is the names of both the Incaladine Reaver Titans we know, is a possessive particle, for example. "Khara" (the name of a Warhound) means daemon or crow, "Rahu" means to leave aside, "Anjana", the Princeps of the Leyaka Varr is an Indian name, etc.

Then in Gods of Mars there's a mention of the Akasha, which is where the machine spirits without a "body" to inhabit go.

On a side note, even the magos who led the defence against the Tyranids on Tyran Primus, Magos Varnak, has a Sanskrit name, meaning "Chrome" (the metal) or "Gold". Maybe he came from Incaladion too?

AHA!

I thought I had heard the term before. My memory-banks record my taking of instruction upon the subject of the ancient terran Ind (Translation: I took two classes last semester on India. Best teacher in UCF too :) )

So, my first unit of Skitarii finally reached a completion stage where you can have an idea of direction I am going to, so I can show you the soldiers of the Aksita of Incaladion (inspired to the Tiger Eyes Titans Legion):

dscn1158.jpg?w=486&h=700 dscn1159.jpg?w=456&h=600

and with a group shot:

incaladine-skitarii.jpg

I hope you like them!

Ever since AM came out I've had plans to do an Incaladion force inspired by the Tiger Eye colors in FW's HH2, only to see you come up with the models first smile.png

Now I'm wondering if I should still go along with it (and feel like a copycat) or switch to another FW...

At least now I know they'd look great! msn-wink.gif

AHA!

I thought I had heard the term before. My memory-banks record my taking of instruction upon the subject of the ancient terran Ind (Translation: I took two classes last semester on India. Best teacher in UCF too smile.png )

Ah! That's interesting. It means that now if I need some help to come up with new names I have someone to ask for help (yes? yes please? tongue.png )

i'm with Vel"Cona on this and do look forward to seeing the finished product!

Cheers, Mithril

It should not take much longer... even if, with the upcoming holidays, it might well be the beginning of July. Damn, and I also have to finish a Knight for this year's ETL!

Ever since AM came out I've had plans to do an Incaladion force inspired by the Tiger Eye colors in FW's HH2, only to see you come up with the models first smile.png

Now I'm wondering if I should still go along with it (and feel like a copycat) or switch to another FW...

At least now I know they'd look great! msn-wink.gif

I wasn't the first one to go for an Incaladion army, and I won't be the last, so I see no reason why you shouldn't go for it, if you like it! Moreover:

1) there can never bee such a thing as "too many armies of the same faction" (who knows, if the Tiger Eyes prove to be popular enough we might see more of them from FW or GW might remember that Incaladion was once an important Forge World in the fluff).

2) thanks to the awesome job of @Carlson793 we have Skitarii-sized transfers with Incaladion's symbol and Knight-sized transfer for the Legio Fureans insigna, so it is a good day to join us loyalist hereteks (ahem... it is just rumors... nothing has been fully proved by the Inquisition yet)

And then, remember that we are almost all copycats from GW's original colour schemes tongue.png

I wasn't the first one to go for an Incaladion army, and I won't be the last, so I see no reason why you shouldn't go for it, if you like it! Moreover:

1) there can never bee such a thing as "too many armies of the same faction" (who knows, if the Tiger Eyes prove to be popular enough we might see more of them from FW or GW might remember that Incaladion was once an important Forge World in the fluff).

2) thanks to the awesome job of @Carlson793 we have Skitarii-sized transfers with Incaladion's symbol and Knight-sized transfer for the Legio Fureans insigna, so it is a good day to join us loyalist hereteks (ahem... it is just rumors... nothing has been fully proved by the Inquisition yet)

And then, remember that we are almost all copycats from GW's original colour schemes tongue.png

If I wanted to do loyalist Hereteks, I'd go Stygies VII; I'd be going full-blown hidden-cult heretek if I do Incaladion msn-wink.gif

If I wanted to do loyalist Hereteks, I'd go Stygies VII; I'd be going full-blown hidden-cult heretek if I do Incaladion msn-wink.gif

weeeeeell... according to the Gods of Mars novel it has been 140 years since the C'tanite heretek cult has been censored and Tech-Adept Corteswain disappeared; now it seems that we simply play with every piece of xeno- and chaos- tech that the Imperium sends to our planet (and we can compete with Stygies for this). biggrin.png

weeeeeell... according to the Gods of Mars novel it has been 140 years since the C'tanite heretek cult has been censored and Tech-Adept Corteswain disappeared; now it seems that we simply play with every piece of xeno- and chaos- tech that the Imperium sends to our planet (and we can compete with Stygies for this). biggrin.png

Woah, GoM mentions Incaladion? Guess I'll need to dust off the rest of the trilogy; I've only read Priests so far and liked it, but school forced me to keep the other two on the shelves. Guess I'll need to find a way to insert jam Lords of Mars into my schedule!

It is not much, just three paragraphs near the end of the book (I have posted them on my blog, so don't read it if you want to avoid spoilers!), but there are interesting informations that we did not have before.

Sadly, it doesn’t mention the Gates of Varl at all... oh, well, maybe that would have been too much, there is already a lot of old 3d edition codex: necron fluff stuffed in there.

Hey all.

Here is my humble offering to the Omnissiah - no specific forgeworld but every time i do a new project I try to use a different colour or technique that I havent used before, this time i chose yellow :)

gallery_67684_10791_1034191.jpg

Hmm ended up looking a bit more orange than yellow, but maybe it's just the lighting/camera?  Either way, I think these guys look both unique and cool!  Any plans to drybrush those bases a bit?

yeah the orange is the "casendora yellow" wash lol!

Yeah i think the bases need it, I will also use a red/brown undercoat on the bases for the next lot - dont really know what colour to use a highlight dry brush, any advice?

Just got done with the base coloring of my units, been putting them up for display, there will be more layers added and more highlights, but right now I just want it in a playable condition.
smile.png

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/gustav_lindstrom1/20150602_114216_zpsmoo0m9f2.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/gustav_lindstrom1/20150602_114229_zpsxr3qyw2o.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/gustav_lindstrom1/20150602_114106_zpstcgj6ha4.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/gustav_lindstrom1/20150602_114132_zpsf6teb9qo.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/gustav_lindstrom1/20150602_114145_zpsyj676kq2.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/gustav_lindstrom1/20150602_114253_zpsdnebm3ua.jpg

@ Mippie, GW recommends a brown drybrush and a khaki drybrush, but I'm not at home and I can't remember the Citadel equivalents.  It's the one I use, though, and the results work pretty well (assuming you're using Martian Ironearth, as it appears in the pic).

@Mippie- im using XV-88 as a drybrush then a highlight of Ushabti bone on my bases,it makes a good contrast

@mippie & Gammel - wow it's like yellow has just popped out of the woodwork laugh.png and Grand Master laertes's stuff as well !! i must say yellow is a colour that works with the skitarii and the Ad-Mech wub.png

gammel - what uber yellow are you using over a black undercoat!! that must be hard to get good coverage ohmy.png

cheers, Mithril

Agreed on the yellow, it's a color that always intimidates me. I wouldn't even attempt an Imperial Fists army for that precise reason (though I've see more than a few great ones)! That said, it's nice to know other Techpriests aren't scared to think outside the codex! msn-wink.gif

Agreed on the yellow, it's a color that always intimidates me. I wouldn't even attempt an Imperial Fists army for that precise reason (though I've see more than a few great ones)! That said, it's nice to know other Techpriests aren't scared to think outside the codex! msn-wink.gif

You know, yellow was intimidating, until i did an imperial fist veteran sgt for funsies. then orange was intimidating, and here i am with Ryza. Try it, you may just find it fun!

You know, yellow was intimidating, until i did an imperial fist veteran sgt for funsies. then orange was intimidating, and here i am with Ryza. Try it, you may just find it fun!

Well,without sounding all pompous and douchey unsure.png i'm going to ask to see your yellow model before you get the "I mastered Yellow Award" msn-wink.gif tongue.png ... yellow done right is not easy...

Mithril

challenge accepted.

Since you threw down your Gauntlet good sir i shall throw my Gauntlet into the fray as well (challenging oneself to a new colour is a good thing ...i think unsure.png )

my next vow is going to be Kastelans and i wanted to do one of them as "Loctax 0-5-9" one of the kastelan Merc's that apparently "just show up" to a battle then disappear after the end...kinda like the Legion of the damned but Robot versions ph34r.png

anyways this is my challenge,here is his pic...

med_gallery_9146_6928_816650.jpg

Mithril

whoosh...(the sound of me running over to the imperial fists forum to see how they paint yellow laugh.png )

Archived