=][= E Tenebrae Lux IV =][=

Assassins can only be used by the Inquisition Codex exactly like last year. I know they are popular right now but the data slate states they can be used by any Imperial Army as allies. Allies are not allowed in the ETL. So unless they are part of an Army List compatible with your faction then they can not be used. The only Codex I can recall that assassins are included is the Codex Inquisition.

You can always do them as out-of-competition entries...

Assassins can only be used by the Inquisition Codex exactly like last year. I know they are popular right now but the data slate states they can be used by any Imperial Army as allies. Allies are not allowed in the ETL. So unless they are part of an Army List compatible with your faction then they can not be used. The only Codex I can recall that assassins are included is the Codex Inquisition.

Now that just added something with a funky taste to my breakfast :cry:

First off, I need to repeat this here, where it belongs, as I was preaching to the choir over at the Chaos forum.

SO! This means we need to uphold our glorious Primus Inter Pares title from last year. Which will be a little harder, seeing as those loyalist scum are so frightened of us they've banded together again. Apparently the Angels of Death and the Black Templars do need to flock together to best us... Well, the harder they try, the harder they'll fall.

So good luck everyone and may the best forum (chaos) win! :tu:

Also:

Inner Circle: We aim to please! biggrin.png

Inner Circle aiming to please? Didn't we settle this last year, with those 'Cell 42' shenanigans?
Big talk from all you chaos lap dogs

One day you'll realize that the AoD is far better and return to your roots

Ahh...Cell 42. It was quite fun last year. Then it just became a bore. I offered to show you all more interesting ways to extract information but none had the stomach for it.

And it's also amusing that even with the apron wearing Templars we're still even on points. Though I could really cure FW for releasing such tempting shiny toys. So shiny that you really have to give them that bubble bath ;)

The Emperor has entrusted his most sacred responsibility to the only chapter capable of upholding his honor and his vision.

I, Honda, Master of Sanctity, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and will complete a Land Raider Prometheus from the Vanguard Siege List (IA10) for a total value of 280 points (with pintel stormbolter) before August 1st, 2015 for the eternal glory of the Black Templars.

For those who would take fellowship with oath breakers, then leave here and seek those lesser chapters who compensate for their lack of ZEAL with weakness, heresy, and insecurity.

IMPERATOR VULT!

[drops mic and walks offstage]

* Posted in two forums because <Agent Provocateur> and a navigation failure, but mostly a navigation failure.

gallery_15184_7227_116944.jpg

Apron wearing Templars?

11209379_1051146774915302_71035290428040

Meh, still better then Chaos I guess...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1062621/images/o-MARILYN-MANSON-SAINT-LAURENT-facebook.jpg

Now you I like ;)

@Honda. About those Chapters...not on the Chaos watch. We didn't have to listen to papa smurf ;)

The Emperor has entrusted his most sacred responsibility to the only chapter capable of upholding his honor and his vision.

I, Honda, Master of Sanctity, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and will complete a Land Raider Prometheus from the Vanguard Siege List (IA10) for a total value of 280 points (with pintel stormbolter) before August 1st, 2015 for the eternal glory of the Black Templars.

For those who would take fellowship with oath breakers, then leave here and seek those lesser chapters who compensate for their lack of ZEAL with weakness, heresy, and insecurity.

IMPERATOR VULT!

[drops mic and walks offstage]

gallery_15184_7227_116944.jpg

The rule is that any vow not vowed in the appropriate forum can be claimed by the first forum that responds to it, right? In that case, as a member of the Chaos Forum and the first to respond to your vow, let me welcome you to the Chaos Strategium, Honda! So glad you finally joined the cool kids club! smile.pngthumbsup.gif

one thing there would be really cool was if there was a way to earn Rank on the B&C like sergeant or Captain and other fun stuff.

but that also be loads more work for the poor moderati, and im already looking forward to see Semper's graps of the vows

Well we do have a mod for the site in place BUT we can't use it until we get some of the damage to the blogs/gallery/etc. fixed. We've been unable to coordinate with Brother Argos and the folks at IPB to get this done. 

However, once that is done, every member will then have an "Awards" page on their profile. This would allow various badges and awards to sit on a member without taking up a ton of signature space. It would allow informal ranks for events as well (since the B&C has no ranks really).

Btw the latest update to the Assassins Dataslate has them as their own Officio Assassinorum DETACHMENT. Which doesn't limit them to just Allies (i.e. they can be the Primary as well as the only Detachment).

They are NOT in Codex Inquisition anymore.

Let me know if you want me to post a screenshot of it.

Edit - Semper: re read your previous post, and are you saying that because they are their own Codex and Detachment, we can't include them in our Vow for other Codexes like AM, and Ad Mech? Even though the rules have listed AM, Ad Mech and other Imperium Agents under the same Faction?

Are our vows limited to:

A. Only one Faction but it may include any number and combination of its sub-forums (e.g. Your Vow 1 can be a combo of AM and Ad Mech)

B. Only one Faction and one of its sub-forums for each Vow; but subsequent Vows can be for a different sub-forum of the same Faction (e.g. If your Vow 1 is for AM, your Vow 2 can be for Ad Mech)

C. Only one Faction and one of its sub-forums for the entire ETL (e.g. If your Vow 1 is for AM, then all your other Vows must be for AM)

I'm ok with either, just looking for clarification.

Further Edit - Per Semper in the Ad Mech forum looks like the answer is ©

Yeah, sorry for not coming back here earlier...

Assasins are kind of a special case. The only place in B&C that is appropriate for them to be discussed and displayed is the Imperial Agents forum (which I tend to believe that's the sole reason for its existence :D), and which, for the purposes of the ETL, is merged with the Inquisition Forum.

So although not in the Inquisition Codex anymore they are still treated as such for ETL purposes.

Now the IFOR faction is an amalgamation of diverse forums put together for the ETL on the loose premise that they are all non-SM Imperials. But that does not make them "one" - at least not in the same sense that Chaos Marines and Chaos Daemons are "one" for example.

So the various components of IFOR retain their individuality despite "fighting" together. You have to make a choice and stick to it (same as the other forums really). And it also makes sense from a real-life perspective as there is no particular reason a SoBs collector being also a Guard collector or AdMech... At least no more than he/she may be a SM collector or indeed a Chaos collector.

Now I may revisit this in the future, but for this year it is the same as before, i.e. Chinese walls between the IFOR forums.

I had a question about Veteran Sergeants for Dark Angels squads.  Is it sufficient to have a robed model or some other gussied up armor to indicate veteran status, or does that fall under something that cannot be physically represented?

@Kurama: you are not to start work on your second vow before you actually make it. And you cannot make it before you officially declare your previous one complete. Nice try Jasp! ;)

@ Ulfgrim: the answer is yes. As long as he has some distinct feature you can claim the points. :)

@Kurama: you are not to start work on your second vow before you actually make it. And you cannot make it before you officially declare your previous one complete. Nice try Jasp! ;)

@ Ulfgrim: the answer is yes. As long as he has some distinct feature you can claim the points. :)

But but but it's sitting in its FW bag crying out to me

@Kurama: you are not to start work on your second vow before you actually make it. And you cannot make it before you officially declare your previous one complete. Nice try Jasp! msn-wink.gif

@ Ulfgrim: the answer is yes. As long as he has some distinct feature you can claim the points. smile.png

But but but it's sitting in its FW bag crying out to me

So stop doing not painting things that we all know are a waste of time like sleeping, eating, leaving the house, etc and get painting! tongue.png

So on Friday (probably evening) there will be the first weekly update. If you want your vow to be registered by then you'd better come forth. And for those who already joined, spread the word, recruit new members and strengthen your faction!

Oh, if only I had a reasonable hope of finishing up my vow before then, would be nice to get one out in the first update. But no need to rush, right? ;)

Right. This is the time for recruitment - not completions or completion rates... There is plenty of time for that. Now try to bolster your ranks for after June 1st the doors close and there are no more new participants allowed. So the recruitment period is 4 weeks and we're almost one week down already...

Small question: If I buy and build a knight, and magnetize it to the extent that I can outfit it with any combination of options. What do I price it as? Do I pick simply pick one configuration(which will of course be the most expensive one), or are there special rules for magnetized kits?

Same question would apply to magnetized dunecrawlers, stormravens, land raiders etc etc.

Small question: If I buy and build a knight, and magnetize it to the extent that I can outfit it with any combination of options. What do I price it as? Do I pick simply pick one configuration(which will of course be the most expensive one), or are there special rules for magnetized kits?

Same question would apply to magnetized dunecrawlers, stormravens, land raiders etc etc.

One of the FAQs deals with magnetisation:

Q: Can I vow alternative load-outs and earn the extra points for them?

A: No. You must pledge a particular configuration – so choose carefully. There is no benefit from magnetizing, not gluing or blue-tacking alternative bits on the mini.

So you can only pledge one loadout, as I understand. Hope that helps.

Archived