+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

By the way, I totted up our current total. We're at a shade under 30,000 points pledged, with at least two people still to vow that I know of. We're looking strong here folks, but lets see if we can crack 40,000 by the weekend.

Dragonlover

Top notch - loving this positivity. I'm really looking forward to the first week summary and comparison too!

Some more great vows coming in - keep it rolling! I will do mine tomorrow night :)

Anyone got any ideas how to represent Mark of Nurgle? I want to make it subtle due to my Black Legion warband being multi god and my DV lord model standing in for my actual Nurgle Lord until i get round to making a nurgle biker lord

You can also add some green stuff pustules, growths, and protruding entrails. It's fairly easy with a little experimentation.

So I want to do lava bases for my khorney folks, can anyone recomend a good video tutorial? I saw a couple online and they either were sub par or used specialty texture paints that i dont have. I plan on using corkboard for the rocks, and I have greenstuff that I could use for the texturing.

Just make sure you really break the cork up. So many flat rock armies out there these days ;).

Rock and lava tutorials

Thanks I'll check those out. And yeah I have to go get some of those tools I saw a guy using in a YouTube video. Kind of looked like dentist tools which is unnerving in its own right.
Silicone clay shapers. Way more useful and they dont stick ;)
Funnily enough the works sell a soft set of clay shapers for around £3, they ain't great but will do the job.

Whaaaaat they sell something for a reasonable price, I'm astounded

Anyone got any ideas how to represent Mark of Nurgle? I want to make it subtle due to my Black Legion warband being multi god and my DV lord model standing in for my actual Nurgle Lord until i get round to making a nurgle biker lord

You can also add some green stuff pustules, growths, and protruding entrails. It's fairly easy with a little experimentation.

Decided to go with Nurglings + a greem and bone nurgling scheme after all not all warbands who have sworn loyalty to abbadon wear his colours ie the crimson slaughter :p

Christ almighty HH just topped 50,000 points vowed. Admittedly it's because someone finally edited their points in, but still. Also, they've had no vows today, so it looks like anyone planning to HH has done so, whereas we still have Chaos Lords waiting in the wings.

I'm not obsessively reading ETL threads because it's slow at work and I have nothing to paint with me. No siree, I'd never do such a thing.

Dragonlover

Just because we've not had any new vows doesn't mean there's not more waiting in the wings. After all, some people may be waiting on those nice expensive models to ship.Not all of us can slap a couple tentacles on a model and call it a day. ;)

Like I've said before Dragonlover. The HH lot have many high points value toys to play with, and they constantly get more each month.

For example:

Us Chaos lot could take a Contemptor in our army's. But the HH lot have the option of a talon of three taking up one choice.

Like I've said before Dragonlover. The HH lot have many high points value toys to play with, and they constantly get more each month.

For example:

Us Chaos lot could take a Contemptor in our army's. But the HH lot have the option of a talon of three taking up one choice.

So what? We chaos lot can paint three anyway. The ETL is about legal units, not legal armies. ;) Besides, with 7th out, battleforged armies are a thing of the past anyway. We can take six contemptors if we'd like! :tu:

Also, I've started on my Nurgle bikes. Hopefully AspiringChampion can find some inspiration form them.

I lie where you're going with them Augustus. Both with the models, and to inspire fellow Chaos players. That in itself speaks volumes of your character thumbsup.gif . May the Dark Gods bless you in all of your endeavors.

For example:

So what? We chaos lot can paint three anyway. The ETL is about legal units, not legal armies. ;) Besides, with 7th out, battleforged armies are a thing of the past anyway. We can take six contemptors if we'd like! :tu:

Have to wait and see! It's a valid point, although you may have that as an army choice, not that many people choose to fulfil that option!

If anything, it'll be a big influx after GWHQ reopens I think... Heresy lot would still have to beat us on completions (I wouldn't even mind given their quality haha). That's the added variable!

I'm expecting a higher failure rste from the HH forums, they have big points tags on their miniatures so missing one costs them a lot more.

I'm having to revise my time estimates up too, once I've got Vow 1 done, I think the Lord of Skulls will eat a whole month by itself so I'd be foolish to try for a 3k points vow.

Unless I just paint *all* our Special Characters

Making progress on my Decimator. I've been experimenting with marble effects on some spare bases and finally came up with a method I can get along with for the actual model (sorry the images are a bit huge):

11150918_10155494870750582_4925801912945

11138633_10155494870675582_9723373753689

Went on and added varnish and started the trim:

11193405_10155494870975582_5870459036558988537_10155494870070582_695030149729480

I'm really pleased with the results so far biggrin.png.

Looking really cool Forte, really looking forward to see how the Lord look.

I think the part from the Space Wolves kit:

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/space-wolves-pack-bare-head-p-6226

Or

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/space-wolves-pack-bare-head-p-6236

You know - for Call of Chaos your going have to convert up a really cool unit of Raptors bodyguards for him useing the 32mm base biggrin.png

Well spotted. It was the mohawk one. As for Raptors, I already have a squad from after last year's ETL and I'm really not in a rush to paint more of them. The trim sent me a little crazy. But there are six and they are his bodyguards with either melta or flamers.

Cheers for the compliments too thumbsup.gif

Can I interest you in another box lol ?? I still have plenty

Being honest, after using cheap ones then good ones, go for the good ones. The silicone is much better.

Were the ones I sent any use???

Nearly done vow 1. Only got to do 2 bases and ink a tenticle and im done.

Progress update:

Took some pics: Chaos Rhino #1..... Base Primer/colour is finished on it (took these just prior to finishing that)

gallery_62728_6478_46699.jpg

Also snapped a few shots of the work in progress on my Helknight/Defiler

gallery_62728_6478_38333.jpg

Finished up the fist and left arm...just need to Chaos it up a bit....

gallery_62728_6478_12174.jpg

In this one you can see some of the dorsal spines I worked into the top chassis..... (I really need to get some better pics, but I was in a hurry tonight....)

gallery_62728_6478_39360.jpg

By Thursday I hope to get the 2nd Chaos Rhino put together and primered/basecoated, that way I can complete those and then turn my focus to the Helknight/Defiler....

Loving seeing everybodies completes and new vows. It's really keeping me motivated! Thanks!

~BtW

For example:

Also, I've started on my Nurgle bikes. Hopefully AspiringChampion can find some inspiration form them.

Wow dude i love those bikers top marks are they the standard chaos bikers?

Were the ones I sent any use???

Nearly done vow 1. Only got to do 2 bases and ink a tenticle and im done.

Any use? They're my go to tools for sculpting now. Love em.

And well done on nearly finishing vow 1

Archived