+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I, ChaosRising, rise to the on-going challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX  and vow to complete a squad of 5 Khorne Warp Talons, on or before August 1, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God's followers, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Total points in question: 180

Because I like to work ahead...here is the before shot.

@Augustus...no I will not be vowing my soul, thank you very much. It's not so much that I'm afraid of losing it as the math just doesn't really work out in my head. The way I see it, I can generate more points by August 1 without vowing my soul than if I accepted the Dark Gods' offer.

Does anyone have experience with 32mm conversion rings?

Hypothetically they could really work well but would depend whether you're hypocritical friend could hypothetically match the basing of the original basing. Though they could, hypothetically speaking, just fill in any gaps between the two parts and paint them black to work like a frame for the original base.

So is this hypothetical friend possibly add a vow and could it potentially be as well finished as your stuff from last year? Hypothetically speaking that is.

In between feeding my newborn son, I broke out the calculator again and added up the standings between us and our erstwhile cousins.

The margin for error is a bottle of cheap Merlot.

The Followers of the True Gods. 46,858

The Generic Loyalist 38,467

Team Edward vampire loyalist 30,327

Team Jacob wolfy loyalist 30,907

There Robes not dresses loyalist 39,030

I, ChaosRising, rise to the on-going challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX  and vow to complete a squad of 5 Khorne Warp Talons, on or before August 1, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God's followers, whilst failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Total points in question: 180

Because I like to work ahead...here is the before shot.

@Augustus...no I will not be vowing my soul, thank you very much. It's not so much that I'm afraid of losing it as the math just doesn't really work out in my head. The way I see it, I can generate more points by August 1 without vowing my soul than if I accepted the Dark Gods' offer.

I'm not sure how your head works, but you might have misunderstood the Soul Vow concept - if you finish the abovementioned secondvow, you'd instantly get the soul vow done for doubling your original points :d :tu:

The Soul Vow is just a little addition where you can earn a special part for your signature the more points you add for your ETL vows. So if you vowed to double your original vow as a Soul Vow then when you pass that total you complete your Soul Vow. Even if it takes all five possible ETL vows to hit the total.

Hope that makes sense.

And I managed some painting last night. Let's keep goin everyone :tu:

med_gallery_29004_10691_251142.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10691_104933.jpg

@ SlaveToDarkness: Good to hear the wings arrived and you put them to good use. Impressive stuff there - and impressive progress! Keep it up, you're on the road to become ETL Hero! 

@ Scribe: The Bloodthirster is an amazing piece! The eyes especially... very creepy! And so is the Decimator - a lovely model often overlooked by the gamers... 

@ malisteen: if this hypothetical and non-existing person actually decides to play along he must do so before June 1st... Not that it matters since this someone is a product of imaginations and totally not you.

miteyheroes: Welcome to the ETL - a great vow there, beautiful conversions! Good luck mate!

@ ChaosRising: Aha! A follow-up! Good timing too... Good luck!

Now I understand that the most degenerate amongst you are given to what is known as: the Soul Vows! Well, one could not expect anything better from all you mutant chaos filth... Nothing that you do can possibly stand in the way of the Glorious First! Prepare to be obliterated! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I sold my soul in uni to get some hot chocolate drink powder (not going to say who to but we'll call them "Khorne" for now, and we had a written contract and everything). Can I pledge it again, does it regrow?

Welcome Miteyheroes! That juggerbrute looks awesome - great conversion mate!! biggrin.png

A couple things about your vow though (and this is purely to be fair - because I welcome any and all points vowed to chaos): possessed are 130 points for 5, and 8 space marines come in at 114 points.

Perhaps there is wargear or marks that you didn't account for in the points value and which would make up for the points difference, please specify those in the vow! thumbsup.gif

My forces are Khorne Daemonkin, so come at the prices I listed (150 for 5 possessed, 130 for 8 CSM). I think it's because the price includes the compulsory Mark of Khorne?

I sold my soul in uni to get some hot chocolate drink powder (not going to say who to but we'll call them "Khorne" for now, and we had a written contract and everything). Can I pledge it again, does it regrow?

I sold mine back in 1999 for ten smokes and a banana milkshake. 

Update: 2/3 of the vow complete. Second Chaos "Havocback" Rhino completed. Waiting on green stuff to finish drying through on the fist of the knight. Then a bit of sanding and I can paint the big boy.....

gallery_62728_6478_100343.jpg

gallery_62728_6478_91359.jpg

gallery_62728_6478_49130.jpg

The two new additions to my host:
gallery_62728_6478_31062.jpg

And the three "sisters" together....
gallery_62728_6478_126090.jpg

Sorry again for the craptastic pics, but gotta use what you have! lol

~BtW

Update: 2/3 of the vow complete. Second Chaos "Havocback" Rhino completed. Waiting on green stuff to finish drying through on the fist of the knight. Then a bit of sanding and I can paint the big boy.....

http://1.1.1.5/bmi/image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_6478/gallery_62728_6478_100343.jpg

~BtW

That predator top hatch has just given me a damn good idea, I know I have one somewhere. You just pushed back my vow by another day lol

Of course you can vow what you have no longer, just make sure no one ever comes to collect. ;)

Welcome Miteyheroes! That juggerbrute looks awesome - great conversion mate!! biggrin.png

A couple things about your vow though (and this is purely to be fair - because I welcome any and all points vowed to chaos): possessed are 130 points for 5, and 8 space marines come in at 114 points.

Perhaps there is wargear or marks that you didn't account for in the points value and which would make up for the points difference, please specify those in the vow! thumbsup.gif

My forces are Khorne Daemonkin, so come at the prices I listed (150 for 5 possessed, 130 for 8 CSM). I think it's because the price includes the compulsory Mark of Khorne?

My bad! Great! Plenty of blood and goree to expect on those models. Good luck with your vow, mate! And again: welcome aboard! :tu:

Totally unrelated to my vow but been tinkering with ideas for cultists. Paint jobs a bit naff but i was trying things out without a real plan for what I wanted, at least now I know what not to do next time. 

11009178_882044511854907_860632460437297

Archived