+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Airbrushing seems like a must. Especially for bigger models like Land Raiders/Fire Raptors to say nothing of the super heavies. That and the metallic paint jobs look breathtaking when done properly with one.

Yes, and considering the biggest brush I had to hand, (because I left the others at home by mistake), wa a GW standard brush, I think I did okay.

Just got to convince the Canoness, that it is an investment :)

Ah I've already laid plans down for squaring it with the better half. I surprised her with a trip to Rome for our anniversary and casually let slip a few days later I was thinking of getting one.

If she wasn't getting me one before, she will be when she finds out we're not going to Rome but New York.....

Oh dear didn't consider that....

On the other hand she's got an almost pathological need to do something nice for me if I do something nice for her. 

So yeah I've just discovered I'm a right manipulative :cuss

New York is seriously cool though, did a 4 day trip there a few years back and had a blast.

Manipulation, I thought that was more Al[ha or Word Bearer trait than a Night Lord?

Hey and its always good to do so something nice for the other half... My wife says she suffers enough by being a warhammer widow :D

I've wanted to go myself for a while and it's like a week before my 30th so nice birthday present to say farewell to my carefree (ish) 20s. That and I've gone out of my way to arrange this as a perfect time to propose :D

Funnily enough Alpha Legion are going to be the next project I tackle. I'm just waiting for the autumn and Vol VI to see if the Shattered Legion list finally makes an appearance before taking the plunge

Yeah that was part of my motivation. That metallic blue looks amazing when done properly. Seeing the FW guys stuff at the WWOD as well pretty much sealed the deal.

As far as full Legions go I don't think they can, at least I haven't got the allies matrix to hand to double check. But if they start breaking down the matrix by having multiple Legions in one army then I don't see why not. Plus that bright blue and dark grey will contrast wonderfully

I'll take a look in the books later... I also fancy a White Scar allied force, so I can use jet bikes and outriders.

The Wolves of the Plain alongside the Fenisian Wolves :)

Scars and Wolves don't get along very well due to the whole cultured nomads vs. overly barbaric barbarians clash. It's sucky, but it makes sense from a fluff perspective.

Come to think of it; the Space Wolves really don't get along well with anyone.

I thought from reading a few bits in collected visions, that things between the Khan & Russ were quite cordial and in the allies matrix of book 1 Scars were one of a handful the Wolves could ally with quite well.

Will need to take another peek. The Wolves dont get on with everyone, but I am sure they do get on well with some legions.

I think its more to do with how reader of BL books perceive the Wolves, plus some fans of the Wolves can be a bit "in your face" :)

I never was able to finish it, depression and sicknesses keeping me from it. I am sorry sad.png

Rule #1-#4 of Games and Hobbies*: Take care of yourself.

Rule #5-#7: See previous rules.

After that, things are flexible.

Get some exercise (helps the good neurotransmitters flow), eat well (but don't overdo it), get good sleep (but don't overdo this either), and grab some stupid comedy videos/audios (and don't pay attention to them while watching/listening - let the laughs come naturally). Doesn't cure the depression, but it does help lessen the symptoms and make day-to-day a lot easier to get through.

*Same rule structure applies for other aspects of life.

Well it was a close call.

But ETL IV is now behind us and I see that HH is, simply put, an ETL super power by now. Yes you may have lost the top position this year but you have come a long way in just three years from a niche sub-community for the connoisseur, to a huge mainstream behemoth of a forum and one of the most active places in the B&C. I think it's only a matter of time to assert your dominance in the ETL too. Actually I'm concerned what will happen when BAs, DAs and SWs are released in the HH context. I may have to split you to loyalists and traitors because I forecast the 40k forums emptying in favour of the total awesomeness of the Heresy! :D

Now we have the fifth anniversary of the ETL next year. What better opportunity to shine and show everybody the correct way of doing things: the 30k way!

I'm not saying I'd like an ETL Style Loyalist vs Traitor painting event when all the Legions get the FW Treatment but...

cough *** casual 30K hobby challenge *** cough... Not that that has quite the level of competition you are undoubtedly looking for Slips biggrin.png!

Anyway, good though your idea is Semper, can we have a stab at winning ETL V before we get split up? biggrin.png

In all seriousness though Semper, thanks again for your awesome work on a fantastic event. I joined the forum in the second month of ETL III so couldn't participate though I watched it with much joy. It was nice to be able to participate this time around.

Heresy brethren and sistren - It was stunning to watch the challenge and be part of the team. We did excellent work overall, with both volume and quality. Our let down this year was completion rate (second worst) and that 4 week lull in the midst of the challenge. I'm sure we can find a way to counteract it next time, maybe build our own small sub teams as a way to help our awesome community help spur each other on... no doubt Kurama will have some great ideas!

With any luck I'll be pledging the Primarchs of both the VIII and IX Legions as well as whatever other goodies I can get my mits on. There shall be a reckoning...

If he's actually released by then I think every other person will be painting a Sanguinius....

With any luck I'll be pledging the Primarchs of both the VIII and IX Legions as well as whatever other goodies I can get my mits on. There shall be a reckoning...

If he's actually released by then I think every other person will be painting a Sanguinius....

I can see it now.... ETL V: Sanguinius Edition...

I can see it now.... ETL V: Sanguinius Edition...

There's a sub-forum for that and it's not this one ;) In the end you were only 12k ahead and 80+ Sanguinius models will quickly close that gap...

Archived