+++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - May: Supporting the ETL +++

Kor'Vesh

chaplain mortis: I'm not sure about how The Hydra will react but that sure motivated me to go back to the painting table. Mm Sicaran.

Also, glad to see the crow made it Hydra. Please feed him when appropriate

I honestly saw a crow fight off red kite a few weeks back (in the grey sky's of West London of all places). Thinking on it, it's quite natural. A crow is a lot bulkier, and probably stronger, but the Kite should have out flown it. But no, this Crow knew what to do, it's was relentless, despite its bulk it turned quicker, darting around the kite, attacking then withdrawing, before attacking again. The Kite is a beautiful bird but the crow, the crow was savage, graceful, and relentless. That is honestly my inspiration for the Raven Guard. Fear the Corvus!

the way I see it is that the Hobby Challenge is a way to follow the ETL vows or if I want a side project I can put it here right?

So I vow to finish all the details of my 25 terminators this months, there are so many of them. Well I did the hardest part only the weapons are left so put a discount on them as I pledged them last month :)

I honestly saw a crow fight off red kite a few weeks back (in the grey sky's of West London of all places). Thinking on it, it's quite natural. A crow is a lot bulkier, and probably stronger, but the Kite should have out flown it. But no, this Crow knew what to do, it's was relentless, despite its bulk it turned quicker, darting around the kite, attacking then withdrawing, before attacking again. The Kite is a beautiful bird but the crow, the crow was savage, graceful, and relentless. That is honestly my inspiration for the Raven Guard. Fear the Corvus!

Ive seen doves fight off red kites in Reading. Kites can glide ad sore, but can't manoeuvre quickly. I see them as bombers bring harried by fighters.

My pledge has stalled this month. Can't find the motivation to paint whilst looking at engagement rings. Luckily I have 3 months to complete 7 models for the ETL.

Don't worry Spu, I've not started yet either - spent my bank holiday working, and at the safari park rather than painting... soon soon I promise!

Great work already guys - Jeremy is on one! Great to sse. Ferrus looks fantastic ROBO, look forward to the completed version!

OK guys - The full rankings for April are now up in the thread. As are the results of the votes. Much more participation this month guys, so many thanks. I'll repeat the votes here, and ask the winners to post April's work in the Hall of Victor's thread!

Heretics

Poom

Zedmeister

Gizur

Dantioch

Spu

Poom is the Warriors champion for the Heretics - this really was a fantastic pledge, and well deserved!

Loyalists

DimDim

Mortis

Nevindar

Lion

Raktra

Kriegriss

Less votes for the loyalists, and much less consensus, highlighting the quality throughout the field. As such Dim Dim and Chaplain Mortis share the honour of Warriors Champion for the Loyalists in April. Both vows have some stunning paint work on humble heresy marines. Great work everyone though!

Volkite squad done! I´m really happy to finally have these guys painted, they are by far my favorite unit in any of my armies so far and definitely deserved a proper paintjob. happy.png

http://i.imgur.com/EPRKdVP.jpg?1

I, Rage of Khorne pledge for the month of May, the following models:

• Raven Guard Storm Eagle
  • Raven Guard Contemptor
  • 3 Dark Mechanicum Converted KRIOS
  • 1 Dark Mechanicum Magos

Pictures to follow shortly.

AO - that is an amazing amount of work! You are doing the heresy forum proud, and have already got an amazing chance at the Emperor's Champion this month! Great stuff.

Rage - lovely vow again - I'm excited for your pictures :) Will you be joining us in the ETL biggrin.png

Palak - you see things correctly sir. As you pledged all that stuff last month I want to see it done. Pledge away, I'll have a think, but I'll likely give you most of the points for finishing it!

Twisty - you are a hero of the XVIIIth!

You'll need to post your pledge, with images, in the +++ E Tenebrae Lux IV Horus heresy strategium +++ thread pinned to the top of the forum. The first post in there (which I think I linked to in my first post on this thread) will have links to the rules of the competition. It's a bit stricter than this challenge, but we'd love to have your painting power in there Rage. :)

[/url]">http://http://s76.photobucket.com/user/DBH_Hamilton/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150503_204026_zps5nhs7bef.jpg.html'>http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/DBH_Hamilton/Mobile%20Uploads/20150503_204026_zps5nhs7bef.jpg

I vow to complete the two preators and the two apothecaries for the VII legion and the Empra

So I think he's done, just need a varnish. I think if I ever do another one, I'll attempt to use an airbrush to add a few more highlights with a dark grey or perhaps try to FW recipe for a blue tinted armor. With the completion of Ferrus, I'm going to be moving my army to this theme, and moving away from the metallic black and desert bases I want to do a more Istvaan V base look and black Iron armor. A special thanks goes to @Dantioch for his basing recipe.

http://i.imgur.com/Bw3qQtul.jpg?1

That is a fantastic job on Ferrus ROBOcaster. The metal arms are fantastic.

I've just done my calculations for the month - we might be a LITTLE *cough* one sided this month... but in terms of pledges and completions... any traitors lurking want to help out?

Otherwise, we have a large contingent of double agents who might end up being their own team! Week one update will follow tomorrow anyway!

That is a fantastic job on Ferrus ROBOcaster. The metal arms are fantastic.

I've just done my calculations for the month - we might be a LITTLE *cough* one sided this month... but in terms of pledges and completions... any traitors lurking want to help out?

Otherwise, we have a large contingent of double agents who might end up being their own team! Week one update will follow tomorrow anyway!

my Titan is a traitor dear Kor'Vesh, don't forget that :P

Don't worry Atia - I put you in the traitor camp. I think I gave you 9 points for the crew (3) and interior (6). We'll make the final thing 23 (reaver plus 3 crew). That sound OK?

Its not to badly biased on vows, but the loyalist completions are rather dramatic (obviously AO counting his second legion as loyalist helps that!).

(sorry for double posting)

Time for vow nr.2!!!

5 thallax

10  palatine blades

2 magosses

2 lasfire sections

2 veteran section (solar auxillia)

3 laser rapiers (solar auxillia)

3 thudd gun rapiers (solar auxillia)

1 preator

1 legate commander

1 solar auxillia command squad