+++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - May: Supporting the ETL +++

Kor'Vesh

@Twisty...well done mate! Volkites for the win, cracking squad :-)

@jeremy...nicely done brother...you will be through your first vow by tonight then lol..keep it up mate..

@Robocaster...stunning Ferrus mate! One of the best i have seen...props to you on a cracking paintjob :-)

That is a fantastic job on Ferrus ROBOcaster. The metal arms are fantastic.

Thank you it was my first attempt at using rub n buff, it add a level of shine so intense i had to put on two coats on nuln oil to bring it down to the level its at now. Really good stuff rub n buff.

ROBO your Ferrus is stunning. I don't suppose you took a bunch of WIP pics did you? I'd love to see the steps you took to get him to this point...

And AO108, damn bro! That's a huge pile of resin! Any chance of some more pics?

I've just done my calculations for the month - we might be a LITTLE *cough* one sided this month... but in terms of pledges and completions... any traitors lurking want to help out?

I might just be able to help out here...

I, StruManChu, of willing mind and succulent body, do solemnly pledge to complete one Death Guard Moritat for the glory of the Warmaster!

Moving on the 26th. I reckon I can get one guy done by then...

Eek.

I neglected to pledge here after I pledged in the ETL forum, then I vanished for a few days getting my overseer for the project done, so I'll pledge here now.

I already got Vulkan done, so I'll add a Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought with Anvilus Autocannon Battery and Aiolos Missile Launcher.

Vulkan -

med_gallery_81403_10063_960.jpg

med_gallery_81403_10063_26543.jpg

med_gallery_81403_10063_7691.jpg

med_gallery_81403_10063_7974.jpg

Vulcan´s looking good, and so is that IIth legion, Alpharius! Could you treat us with some closeups of ´em? The first pictures are a bit blurry tongue.png

Anyway, my Master of Signals is done and the heavy flamer unit is almost ready for painting laugh.png

http://i.imgur.com/9afsowG.jpg?1

ROBO your Ferrus is stunning. I don't suppose you took a bunch of WIP pics did you? I'd love to see the steps you took to get him to this point.

No not really just the before then then one as I was assembling him, Looking back I really should have and wish I had. Perhaps next project I will.

I have a really weird idea on how I'm gonna do the red on Erebus and I'm worried that it's gonna go to :cuss. But here's some progress anyhoo.

11251658_10206678570662643_610787815_n.j

Damn I love the Lightning bearers. Definitely my favorite concept for the IIth legion, and you really do them justice. That Conteptor trio is just ace. msn-wink.gif

And what is Erebus doing here? Don´t you dare try to corrupt my Salamanders and the other loyal sons of the emperor! (again) tongue.png

AlphariusOmegon108: Great stuff there, I really like your use of the DG terminators and OSL!  For the Volkite terminators using the Deathshroud models, did you use the original deathshroud arms and sourced some hands for those volkites or ?

Here is my first pledge done for the month, plus customary poor quality photo.

7 Tech Thralls based on Skitarii alongside objective markers.

gallery_80005_10788_11711.jpg

I'll add another 7 tech thralls as a pledge now, just to keep the painting going.

@infyrana: i used the same arms, and put some spare hands on them, then added the volkites

Thx guys for the positive feedback! I have madr some good progress on my second vow already, so some more pics coming soon ;)

@Mind of metal...they look awesome mate...I had to double take at first as thought they were death korp of krieg lol..top work

Finished the pledge..yay for me lol...and gonna pledge another 5 termies to be painted for the REAL lord of iron..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20150509_174433.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20150509_174158.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20150509_174144.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20150509_174128.jpg

Sorry for the redundant pic but we are under dual obligations for the duration.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/30K%20Problem%20Children/IMG_3421_zps0lqzxrem.jpg

More soon. Cheers, -OMG

The ETL thread got a WIP update from me and... I can't really pass up on posting it here as well. Work on the Scouts are done on other parts of the desk..

ETL_wip.jpg

May – Week one

The ETL has begun, the vows are big, and week one has been productive – not for me I hasten to add. I’ve built a single Kheres Assault cannon all week, and haven’t touched a paint brush!

First up, a big welcome to our new players rick_m and noigrim. Glad to have you guys!

Current Pledged Scores:

Traitors 212 – 474.75 Loyalists

Back to our usual loyalist dominance, but that is mainly due to some seriously huge pledges that happen to be on the loyalist side (AO108 – this means you tongue.png ). Now the breakdown:

The Traitors - followers of Horus - the heretics, followers of the warp (16 members)

Poom The 13th expedition fleet, Mechanicum: Triaros and Krios (0/12 points)

StruManChu The XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard: Moritat (0/1 point)

Chaplain Mortis - The IVth Legion Astartes, Iron Warriors: 5 Cataphractii and BUILD: 2 Dreadnoughts (13/13 points)

AND – 5 Cataphractii (0/10 points)

Gizur – The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: Siege Breaker (0/1 point)

Dantioch – The IVth Legion Astartes, Iron Warriors: 5 destroyers (0/5 points)

Rage of Khorne – Dark Mechanicum: 3 Krios and a Magos (0/20 points)

Rich_m - The XIIth Legion Astartes, World Eaters: 5 marines (0/5 points)

DimDim - The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: Praetor (0/1 point)

Aias – The XXth Legion Astartes, Alpha Legion: 3 predators, a sicaran and forgelord on a bike (0/27 points)

Owl and Moon Guy – The IIIrd Legion Astartes, Emperor’s Children: 9 marines and 2 castellax (1/15 points)

Sup00sed - The IIIrd Legion Astartes, Emperor’s Children: Prevain, Praetor, Moritat (0/3 points)

Palak - The VIIIth Legion Astartes, Night Lords: complete 25 terminators (0/40 points)

Kurama – The XVIth Legion Astartes, The Sons of Horus: Praetor (0/1 point)

zedmeister - The XXth Legion Astartes, Alpha Legion: 4 marines, 3 rapier crewmen, 3 rapiers (0/13 points)

Daemonclaw - The XVIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: Lorgar, Angron, 5 Gal Vorbak (0/30 points)

Atia – The Legio Fureans: Reaver crew and interior (0/9 points)

Raktra - The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: Erebus (0/1 point)

The Loyalists - beloved of the Emperor - the loyal sons (19 members)

Kor’Vesh – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: Sicaran and BUILD: contemptor (0/7.5 points)

SlipstreamsThe VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: Polux, 5 man command squad, 5 templar brethren, deredo (0/18 points)

Noigrim – The IXth Legion Astartes, Blood Angels: Terminator captain, 5 man command squad, 18 terminators (0/43 points)

Jeremy1391 The XIXth Legion Astartes, Raven Guard: Delegatus, 5 Destroyers, 7 Mor Deythan, 1 Dreadnought, 10 Tactical marines, 8 man Dark Fury Assault Squad (24/37 points)

Barabbas Sogolon – XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard (loyalists): Praetor and Magos (0/2 points)

RaktraThe Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Moritat, Librarian and 5 marines (0/7 points)

The Hydra - The XIXth Legion Astartes, Raven Guard: Praetor (0/1 point)

Mind of Metal The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands and Mechanicum: 7 Adsecularis tech thralls and 2 objective markers (11/11 points)

AND - 7 Adsecularis tech thralls (0/7 points)

LionOfJudah – The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: Fire Raptor (0/6 points)

Lanky27 - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 20 tactical marines and a spartan (0/26 points)

Rage of Khorne – The XIXth Legion Astartes, Raven Guard: Storm Eagle and Contemptor (0/12 points)

Dim Dim ­– The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines: Russ Exterminator, and a praetor (0/7points)

Reyner – The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines and the IVth Legion Astartes, Iron Warriors (loyalist): Delegatus, Sicaran and 5 Veteran tactical marines (0/12 point)

ROBOcaster - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Ferrus Manus (10/10 points)

Rick_m - The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: Polux, Fire Raptor, Storm Eagle, Praetor (0/15 points)

Alpharius Omegron 108 – The IInd Legion Astartes, Lightning Bearers: 5 grave wardens, 20 tacticals, 3 comptemptors, Terminator command squad, 5 man destroyer unit, Icarion (mortarion), 9 deathshroud, 10 lascannon squad (101/101 points)

AND - 5 thallax, 10 palatine blades, 2 magosses, 2 lasfire sections, 2 veteran section (solar auxillia), 3 laser rapiers (solar auxillia), 3 thudd gun rapiers (solar auxillia), 1 preator, 1 legate commander, 1 solar auxillia command squad, Lord marshall Ireton (0/114 points)

KriegrissThe VIIth Legion Astartes, Imperial Fists: 2 Praetors, 2 apothecaries (0/5 points)

Twisty - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 20 Heavy support marines and a Master of signal (11/21 points)

Frozenfoods - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: Vulkan and a Deredeo (10/16 points)

Nevindar - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: Sicaran and a Castermen Orth on foot with cyber-familiar and BUILD: 5 Reconnaissance marines in scout armour (0/9.25 points)

Current scores

Lots of progress on all of these pledges already, with three completed pledges in the loyalist camp, all of which have been risked, giving us the exciting score line of:

Pledges – Traitors 0# – 1* Loyalists

*With two additional pledges completed and risked by Mind of Metal and Alpharius Omegron 108

#With one additional completed pledge by Chaplain Mortis

Score – Traitors 14 – 177 Loyalists

Percentage of pledged score – Traitors 6.57% - 37.28% Loyalists

A massive lead to the loyalists at this stage, but some great completions on both sides. Alpharius Omegron 108 deserves huge praise for completing his 101 point pledge in one week (and to an exceptional standard. Incluiding the Primarch Icarion). ROBOcaster has completed his fantastic version of Ferrus, Frozenfoods Vulkan, and Jeremy, our resident ninja, 24 points worth of Raven Guard – a huge effort all. For the traitors, less progress, but still a fantastic pink Emperors Child (?) from OMG and a typically excellent and rapidly painted squad of Iron Warrior Cataphractii from Chaplain Mortis.

Hopefully there is a lot more progress to come. I’d love to see for ETL members join our challenge too… Good luck guys!

Kor’Vesh

Ive finished my model. There's a sucky PIC in the etl thread if your interested but I plan to take better ones tomorrow so will wait so I don't spam the internet with :cuss pics. Will also throe my second vow into here tomorrow to as from this Wednesday ci g I'm off work untill the first of June :D

@Mind of metal...they look awesome mate...I had to double take at first as thought they were death korp of krieg lol..top work

Finished the pledge..yay for me lol...and gonna pledge another 5 termies to be painted for the REAL lord of iron..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/20150509_174433.jpg

*snip*

Man, those FW Ironclad Dreads are without a doubt my favourite Castraferrum dread model ever - this gun' be good :P

Have my Forge Lord done, have a picture, but can't post the picture from my phone. The reply window won't even give me the option, even using the full version of the site. Will edit this post later with the picture from a PC.

EDIT: Okay, so here's the Forge Lord on Bike with Conversion Beamer. 

ETL finished Forge Lord

My greenstuff work still leaves some to be desired, and I noted the irony in using a bit of real chain on the front fender, then priming and basecoating it before finally painting it back to silver, but I'm overall happy with him, so there you go. Now, to get four tanks done...

Archived