WIP: Khârn the Bloody - Forgeworld Horus Heresy

Sponge/ paint on Skavenblight Dinge or Eshin Grey 'battle damage', then line with white on lower parts, and black along top. The white simulates the light reflecting up and the black the shadow.

BTW, glazing with some purples, reds and yellows would really up your gold , if you don't mind me saying. msn-wink.gif

Sponge/ paint on Skavenblight Dinge or Eshin Grey 'battle damage', then line with white on lower parts, and black along top. The white simulates the light reflecting up and the black the shadow.

BTW, glazing with some purples, reds and yellows would really up your gold , if you don't mind me saying. msn-wink.gif

Cheers DarkMark! I have used similar glazes with golds in the past but it creates a very warm tone and I prefer the cold look of a beaten up bronze on this model so the gold on the Ultramarine (the marine he is wading though has been painted as a smurf but he isn't in any of these pics) seems a bit more rich smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet mini.

Aren't the arms the wrong way around? His bare axe arm should be his left?

Cheers man.

Looking at this model and his 40K counterpart, lots of bits of his armour are different. Over 10,000 years entirely possible he has shedded old bits of armour in favor of scraps from various battlefields to replace, given his 40k mini doesn't look like it is garbed in warp twisted power armour. Why really FW modelled him differently to the classic version I have no idea :p but I know the Nightlords in the ADB trilogy do the same thing since they have no forges of their own.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived