Ad Mech Today

How stupid would a list of like 6 Squads of Vanguards w/ Omnispex (3 Arc RIfle, 3 Plasma Caliver), 3 Balitarii (AC), and 2 Dunecrawlers (Neutron Laser) be?  You can give an Alpha a Phosphoenix and Taser Goad to bring it to 1500.  60 Vanguards though, so many dice!  So much plasma and anti-tank redundancy!  3 Baslitarii can be anti-air with cognis or otherwise anti-big-things.

Who needs formations when you have 60 FREAKING VANGUARDS.  126 Dice from just RAD CARBINES in a turn of shooting!

How stupid would a list of like 6 Squads of Vanguards w/ Omnispex (3 Arc RIfle, 3 Plasma Caliver), 3 Balitarii (AC), and 2 Dunecrawlers (Neutron Laser) be? You can give an Alpha a Phosphoenix and Taser Goad to bring it to 1500. 60 Vanguards though, so many dice! So much plasma and anti-tank redundancy! 3 Baslitarii can be anti-air with cognis or otherwise anti-big-things.

Who needs formations when you have 60 FREAKING VANGUARDS. 126 Dice from just RAD CARBINES in a turn of shooting!

All well and good....BUT, you gotta get there to shoot first..remember the immortal words of Helmuth von Moltke -"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength".

Although seeing 60 Vanguard on the table would def be a Glorious sight to behold wub.png .

are you going to build this army? or is it just theoryhammer dreaming?...

Mithril

How stupid would a list of like 6 Squads of Vanguards w/ Omnispex (3 Arc RIfle, 3 Plasma Caliver), 3 Balitarii (AC), and 2 Dunecrawlers (Neutron Laser) be? You can give an Alpha a Phosphoenix and Taser Goad to bring it to 1500. 60 Vanguards though, so many dice! So much plasma and anti-tank redundancy! 3 Baslitarii can be anti-air with cognis or otherwise anti-big-things.

Who needs formations when you have 60 FREAKING VANGUARDS. 126 Dice from just RAD CARBINES in a turn of shooting!

All well and good....BUT, you gotta get there to shoot first..remember the immortal words of Helmuth von Moltke -"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength".

Although seeing 60 Vanguard on the table would def be a Glorious sight to behold wub.png .

are you going to build this army? or is it just theoryhammer dreaming?...

Mithril

My first two games of 40K a couple weeks ago were using Vanguards in a 500 point game and they were very dominant. It's like the only tactical squad in 40K that actually works per the description of a tactical squad. It is actually capable of taking on a wide variety of threats at any given time. Put one with plasma next to one with arc rifles and the two squads threaten hordes (42 dice from just Rad Carbines, double wounding on sixes), MEQ/TEQ (9 plasma shots), and Vehicles (3 rapid-fire haywire shots). They have decent armor and with Omnispex they can make things difficult for enemies taking cover saves (especially valuable in conjunction with plasma).

I really like Rangers too and I can see how they could be useful, but they're kind of expensive, more niche, and with only six troop choices, they would deprive of using all six choices for Vanguards.

I like the Infiltrators and Ruststalkers models, but they seem too expensive for what they do.

Today at work whistling.gif (shhhph34r.png ) i forgot to bring my paints so i started putting together my kastelans (i know i couldn't hold back,they are so great aren't they)

so i got the legs done,although the feet sorta went wonky !? ..padding out the base should fix that....sweat.gif

med_gallery_9146_6928_1136395.jpg

and i finally chose a paint scheme for them (this is a reward to myself for when i finish my van squad and the onager)

The scheme's are different colours to ad-mech as i like to paint some different colours so as not to get bored with doing a whole lot of things the same colour (i'm sure you all would agree yes.gif ) but they are still legally Ad-Mech so it's all good eh ?! here they are -

med_gallery_9146_6928_816650.jpg med_gallery_9146_6928_1309435.jpg

I love doing Yellow AND Hazard stripes,although it is a toughy to get right i think it will look fantastic if i can nail it..!

the 2nd one i see as being chrome and red...enough said msn-wink.gif if that one works out the way i intend it will rock...i hope? unsure.png

Cheers, Mithril

p.s. @ Pudelhund - i'm glad you are having success with the vanguard, you will have to list more bat-reps as you play more and share your ++Hard Data++ with us !

Since I am sick, progress is slow. But I managed to complete the base of my Imperial Knight. Not overly impressive, but I wanted it subtle and in uniform with the rest of my Mechanicum force. 

So it got the standard treatment of Martian Ironearth and added some skulls & bones. Picture will come once I am down with the whole knight. But thats on hold until I am done with some Skitarii

Finished my Dominus & Priests

18344098099_9ee3096473_k_d.jpg

And Techpriest Auxilla (Techpriest Magos, Techpriest Adept, 4 weapon Servitors, 3 Servo-Arm Servitors)

18504031396_a64908178f_k_d.jpg

Going to dremel the resin gates and scrub the release agent off my Reaver for abit before I finish my Lightning, Decima and Thrall for Vow 3.

Edit - Get well soon Vash!

@Dalymiddleboro : Having just justed the Khorne red spray today, I'd say no. What you need to bear in mind, is that the Sprays are a tint or two out of sync with the pot colors. So Khorne red is closer to a deep pink. That being said, I'd try it on a spare piece of sprue or plastic and see you can live with it happy.png

I've finished my Agripinaa Skitarii. I did these half-and-half Rangers and Vanguard, because I'm not playing at the moment, so I was more interested in practicing painting.

Rangers with Alpha:

http://i.imgur.com/baku3Hf.png

Vanguard:

http://i.imgur.com/7manYGD.png

I have individual shots of each figure as well, but I thought I shouldn't clutter up the thread! Imgur

good stuff Praetor thumbsup.gif

white is soooo hard to do dry.png so well done, i gather that your army is Metalica?

oh and i just saw you have some brass spilt onto the black casing of the guns...you might want to touch that up real easily with some black msn-wink.gif

Look forward to more!!

cheers, Mithril

good stuff Praetor thumbsup.gif

white is soooo hard to do dry.png so well done, i gather that your army is Metalica?

oh and i just saw you have some brass spilt onto the black casing of the guns...you might want to touch that up real easily with some black msn-wink.gif

Look forward to more!!

cheers, Mithril

Thanks Mithril.

It isn't Metalica, just a Forgeworld that has suspiciously similar colours <_< (I like the white)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/supreme_martian_overlord/DSCF0013%204_1.jpg

Mechanicus Light Cruiser. Weapons and prow (swapping the whole prow should be easier than trying to magnetise the tiny Nova Cannon and ramming spike) magnetised. The cog-haloed skull of House Cydonia and much of the Forgeworld St Hoagland added.

Been quite busy the past week. This week I can finally continue with the IK tactica. Make a few overhauls, write the BA part and start making plans of how to edit the SM section, given the changes (since some are already known).

I do not think I will be taking up AdMech as my main army though. I like the army as AdMech, but not as a Knight House as I had planned. The search continues. This does not mean that I will not consider writing a tactica for Cult and Skits though tongue.png

Now that I finally got my 6 Destroyers assembled and primed (by hand, yeah I'm that guy), I've started on the basecoats. These guys are gonna take a while! unsure.png

I'm still figuring out how I want to work out the feet. I might just snip them off and extend the robes down abit more. Also not sure on how I want him to face. But Here is a look at my tech priest warlord.

http://i.imgur.com/TwhmgvE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wAj8WHP.jpg

I have to change the way the servistor on the side is positioned. I made him look alittle off to the side, and the domi looks the other way. That way both could shine on the model depending on the angle you look at it. Gonna turn the scroll on the left of the image into a panel with button. The way the cane fits on the model it'd in the perfect spot to look like it's pressing one of the buttons. I'm probably gonna take a devastator servo skull and stick it into the empty seat on the left maybe have it watching the models back. I could also give the servo skull the machro stubber from the domi kit. This way the model means bussiness from every angle.

all the flat surfaces have the imperial knight cult mech skulls on them, and all inqusition heraldry has been removed.

That Tech Priest looks pretty awesome mmimzie. 

I am painting like a maniac right now! I know the bad photo quality.

Skitarii Rangers

Hidden Content

imag0184.jpg

imag0185.jpg

Skitarii Vanguard

Hidden Content

imag0188.jpg

imag0187.jpg

imag0180.jpg

Next I will take a break from the Sktarii and paint some Elektro-Priests.

Today, I:

- Got word from EnGen Studios that the left leg has been repaired, and should be back soon! They're also casting up one of the missing detail bits on the torso and sending it along as well!

- Started the final embellishments on the right leg, and will hopefully have it finished this weekend.

- Won an eBay auction on an unassembled Lucius-pattern Warhound at close to $100 under the original cost. Legio Fidelis adds another engine to its roster! biggrin.png

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/supreme_martian_overlord/DSCF0013%204_1.jpg

Mechanicus Light Cruiser. Weapons and prow (swapping the whole prow should be easier than trying to magnetise the tiny Nova Cannon and ramming spike) magnetised. The cog-haloed skull of House Cydonia and much of the Forgeworld St Hoagland added.

Hey Batty.... are you Aussie? cause that looks like a semi outback/country Australian Laundry to me laugh.png ...

also nice cruiser thumbsup.gif

Mithril

That Tech Priest looks pretty awesome mmimzie. 

I am painting like a maniac right now! I know the bad photo quality.

Skitarii Rangers

Hidden Content

imag0184.jpg

imag0185.jpg

Skitarii Vanguard

Hidden Content

imag0188.jpg

imag0187.jpg

imag0180.jpg

Next I will take a break from the Sktarii and paint some Elektro-Priests.

Red paint is a bit thick. might want to do two lighter layers.

As for me, i built a squad of [Redacted] For project [Classified high magos priority alpha-millenia] that will be announced in the next day or two.

i also opened and checked my skitarii boxes from GW direct to see if all the parts are there.

Archived