Ad Mech Today

That Tech Priest looks pretty awesome mmimzie. 

I am painting like a maniac right now! I know the bad photo quality.

Skitarii Rangers

Hidden Content

imag0184.jpg

imag0185.jpg

Skitarii Vanguard

Hidden Content

imag0188.jpg

imag0187.jpg

imag0180.jpg

Next I will take a break from the Sktarii and paint some Elektro-Priests.

Red paint is a bit thick. might want to do two lighter layers.

As for me, i built a squad of [Redacted] For project [Classified high magos priority alpha-millenia] that will be announced in the next day or two.

i also opened and checked my skitarii boxes from GW direct to see if all the parts are there.

Which Red paint do you mean? Shoulders? Inside of cloaks? Freehand?

Hidden Content

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/supreme_martian_overlord/DSCF0013%204_1.jpg

Mechanicus Light Cruiser. Weapons and prow (swapping the whole prow should be easier than trying to magnetise the tiny Nova Cannon and ramming spike) magnetised. The cog-haloed skull of House Cydonia and much of the Forgeworld St Hoagland added.

Hey Batty.... are you Aussie? cause that looks like a semi outback/country Australian Laundry to me laugh.png ...

also nice cruiser thumbsup.gif

Mithril

Yes indeed i am Australian. And that laundry is also my Kitchen. I'm in town but it's a fairly old house that was converted into 3 flats. I'm lucky, i have the largest of the flats and have an indoor toilet, the flat on the other side has an outdoor one and winter here gets very cold!

And just to emphasise the rural state a possum just started growling outside the window :P

As for service to the Omnissiah today i made further plans for the upcoming campaign and began some work on some possible additional rules to get BFG Explorator ships working more like the ones in recent novels and codices.

That Tech Priest looks pretty awesome mmimzie. 

I am painting like a maniac right now! I know the bad photo quality.

Skitarii Rangers

Hidden Content

imag0184.jpg

imag0185.jpg

Skitarii Vanguard

Hidden Content

imag0188.jpg

imag0187.jpg

imag0180.jpg

Next I will take a break from the Sktarii and paint some Elektro-Priests.

Red paint is a bit thick. might want to do two lighter layers.

As for me, i built a squad of [Redacted] For project [Classified high magos priority alpha-millenia] that will be announced in the next day or two.

i also opened and checked my skitarii boxes from GW direct to see if all the parts are there.

Which Red paint do you mean? Shoulders? Inside of cloaks? Freehand?

The freehand, my apologies.

Today I started painting my rangers. They are starting as a support force for my Sororitas and Knights for our summer campaign. I will upload the first ranger later today, but thought I would put up my knights first- I just finished the Acheron a week ago. The Onagers will follow the paint scheme of the two knights on the left, since I am going for a Stygies VII force.

photo-18.jpg

Today I started painting my rangers. They are starting as a support force for my Sororitas and Knights for our summer campaign. I will upload the first ranger later today, but thought I would put up my knights first- I just finished the Acheron a week ago. The Onagers will follow the paint scheme of the two knights on the left, since I am going for a Stygies VII force.

Hidden Content

photo-18.jpg

I really like what you did with the Styrix that makes it 40k-usable. I might use magnets to borrow aspects of that idea.

Hidden Content

photo-18.jpg

I really like what you did with the Styrix that makes it 40k-usable. I might use magnets to borrow aspects of that idea.

t

Thanks for that.. I actually did it before the new codex came out, figuring that it would just count as a regular knight errant close combat weapon, but now i have the option to make it count as the fist upgrade as well, which is pretty cool.. I got inspired by the description of the house aerthegn/wraekan dreor knights in HH Conquest and decided to make my knights in that style going forward (thats the errant and the Acheron).

Well the big guys and their Handler are just about ready for an Undercoat(sanding of face plates smooth first sad.png )...just got to finish off my Vanguard squad and Onager then these guys are my next ETL IV Vow -

med_gallery_9146_6928_218074.jpg

Cheers,Mithril

p.s. the data smith has a hella lot of detail eek.gif he will be painted in no less than 7 Parts !!!

Oh-No My new game arrived.... lets hope Elder scrolls online doesn't kill my progress sweat.gif

Made a bit more progress on my Domitar automata.

gallery_80005_10788_4205.jpg

These look actually pretty decent! What head are you using?

Looks like a marine of some sort

The head from the Iron Hands contemptor dreadnought

Hidden Content

Made a bit more progress on my Domitar automata.

gallery_80005_10788_4205.jpg

These look actually pretty decent! What head are you using?

Looks like a marine of some sort

The head from the Iron Hands contemptor dreadnought

Ah, shame. I hope it was something I could get easily :) Thanks though.

He looks much better without the dome head.

So wait, what's the plan for the Kastelan faceplates? Re-sculpt? Conversion? Googly eyes??? blink.png

Smooth face plate, going to do a strip over the middle and paint it up brass like the FW castellax /Thanatar

like how this lady is doing -

http://hammernbrush.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2015-05-11T15:52:00%2B02:00&max-results=4

Mithril

I have been terribly indecisive about how to proceed with my Skittari Maniple. I finally settled on Metallica, with some Variations. I'm forging ahead (Pun intended) with my first Vanguard squad...

Rad Troopers

sorry about the glare. still figuring out how to work the pic-capture device.

I managed to get some more work done on my Kastelans, mostly weathering. I have been slacking bigtime the past few weeks in regards to painting. I am getting impatient with myself! I need to get cracking and get these guys done soon. Lots of other stuff to do on the horizon.

I screwed up some freehand yesterday, but will hopefully have the current part of the project ready for washing this weekend.  And the left leg should return tomorrow - time to get busy riveting again!

EDIT:  And according to the USPS, Canis Venator is currently waiting for me at home.  That's a project for another day.

EDIT #2:  Tonight I ended up hitting the midpoint milestone in my ETL vow.

Almost finished with Decima and his 20 Thrall. Then the Lightning and I should be done with Vow3.

Otherwise still working on pinning my Reaver, not sure if I'll have time to finish him for V4.

Archived