Jud's Heresy Era Forces of Ultramar

Whaaaa Sentinels would be so, so cool!

A Militia allied contingent could literally be blobs of men and a few Armoured Sentinels :-D

That's pretty much what I was going for!

2 blobs of 20 Grenadiers ,backed up with Sentinels and a

Leman Russ tank.

For the Ultramamarines, 2 tactical squads in Rhinos,

9 Suzerain with Praetor and 2 Sicarans.

Then of course the planetary Governor and Vigilator.

Should be fun to play with and against.

Dude, that is literally exactly the same list I've come up with, but with a malcador and leviathan thrown in for good measure.

I think it'll look awesome on the tabletop.

Malcadors are so, so good.

I don't understand why FW hiked the prices of Sicarans when they can easily be shaken/stunned/exploded, whilst a moderate addition of points can land you a Malcador Super Heavy that will require significant focus to remove.

The Militia lists are so cool, but.... Solar Auxilia might be better simply because the Lasrifle troop choice is so exceptional. You can also skimp out on a HQ and simply run a beefed up Comman Tank Malcador Infernus. For 100 points you get 20 guys with 30" range guns that could be upgraded to str6 for a small addition in cost.

Although... 6 Sentinels with Las Cannons for 240 points, or 6 Auto-cannons/missile launchers for 210 is very appealing!

Whaaaa Sentinels would be so, so cool!

A Militia allied contingent could literally be blobs of men and a few Armoured Sentinels :-D

That's pretty much what I was going for!

2 blobs of 20 Grenadiers ,backed up with Sentinels and a

Leman Russ tank.

For the Ultramamarines, 2 tactical squads in Rhinos,

9 Suzerain with Praetor and 2 Sicarans.

Then of course the planetary Governor and Vigilator.

Should be fun to play with and against.

Dude, that is literally exactly the same list I've come up with, but with a malcador and leviathan thrown in for good measure.

I think it'll look awesome on the tabletop.

Great minds think alike I guess!

I'm going to work on my first Sentinel next.

I don't understand why FW hiked the prices of Sicarans when they can easily be shaken/stunned/exploded, whilst a moderate addition of points can land you a Malcador Super Heavy that will require significant focus to remove.

The Militia lists are so cool, but.... Solar Auxilia might be better simply because the Lasrifle troop choice is so exceptional. You can also skimp out on a HQ and simply run a beefed up Comman Tank Malcador Infernus. For 100 points you get 20 guys with 30" range guns that could be upgraded to str6 for a small addition in cost.

Although... 6 Sentinels with Las Cannons for 240 points, or 6 Auto-cannons/missile launchers for 210 is very appealing!

Yeah I think the pts hike was a little severe but my Sicarans always deliver.

I could go down the Malcador route but I'm not a great lover of the model.

Why are the Solar Auxilia so good?

Tank Commander is a support officer.

Not in an allied Detachment :-D

Allied detachments have a compulsory HQs as well

Allied detachments have a compulsory HQs as well

The tank commander can be taken as a Compulsory HQ in an allied detachment :) says in his special rules.

Yeah, makes the Solar Auxilia pretty great if you want to bring 40 Guys with good weapons, saves and rules and a Malcador Infernus or something for around 500 points :-)

Ugh, I've committed to bringing more Marines to my list. Maybe I should have bitten the bullet and got Militia or Auxilia :-/

Yeah, makes the Solar Auxilia pretty great if you want to bring 40 Guys with good weapons, saves and rules and a Malcador Infernus or something for around 500 points :-)

Ugh, I've committed to bringing more Marines to my list. Maybe I should have bitten the bullet and got Militia or Auxilia :-/

You could always add some once you've added more Astartes.

I'm doing Militia to freshen things up a bit.

Finished my first Sentinel!

I'm working on the neatness of my painting.

Hopefully I can keep improving.

The face took ages to do, trying to get to

it was a problem!

Really chuffed with this, one of my better

models so far I think.

28441501084_5f84f78b95.jpgSentinel

28776166080_ba292d66ca.jpgSentinel

29062455535_3ce608db49.jpgSentinel

28441554184_28ff6884d4.jpgSentinel

29029633656_07358e6546.jpgSentinel

28985977401_13508205d9.jpgSentinel

Thanks Nemac!

I whacked on Avatar and painted the Sentinel before it finished!

Not sure if that's fast or not.

I live for that sense of completion. (I'm a painting junky!) 

Was a great model to work on, looking forward

to doing more!

Next up I'll finish my first 5 Grenadiers, including the Vexilla.

I often put on an audio book or movie while I paint. It does help you to keep going for some reason :). I look forward to seeing the Grenadiers. You have made me think about doing some allies for my WB's, so when my other half questions me about how much money things cost I will point her firmly in your direction :P

Nemac

I often put on an audio book or movie while I paint. It does help you to keep going for some reason smile.png. I look forward to seeing the Grenadiers. You have made me think about doing some allies for my WB's, so when my other half questions me about how much money things cost I will point her firmly in your direction tongue.png

Nemac

Thanks Nemac.

It's got to be done! I have Unremembered Empire audio book

as my painting background noise.

I say go for some allies, it's very fluffy for WB to have cultists.

Plus under the Militia Provenances you can take some units

not usually available!

Rue the day our wives find out the true cost!!

That Sentinel looks really good.

You produced it so fast! Are you making a unit of 3 or 6?

Cheers Ishagu.

I've been waiting to get this project started for a while so have

been really keen to get on with them (no procrastination

for once!)

I'm going for the full squad of 6.

I think 3 would be too easy to deal with.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've finally finished my first 5 Militia.
I've got a long way to go but I'm committed to build an
allied detachment at least.
The Militarum Tempestus Scions are really great kits,
they really suit the look I was going for (Astartes light)
29012709783_cc4365538d.jpgUltramar Militia
29012759793_1de782482a.jpgUltramar Militia
29012751893_21565cd74a.jpgUltramar Militia
29346312510_d5169235b4.jpgUltramar Militia
29010824794_3438399e9d.jpgUltramar Militia
29526223792_cc5c60e9a5.jpgUltramar Militia
Thanks for the interest.

The Heresy books, and your impressive painting that brings the Ultras to life, actually have made me respect and not dislike the Ultramarines. You sir, have done something I thought impossible, congratulations and continue the excellent work.

Love the smoothness of the blue on your banner!! That's awesome Judd!

Thanks! It's just a matter of steadily building it up through

many light coats.

The Heresy books, and your impressive painting that brings the Ultras to life, actually have made me respect and not dislike the Ultramarines. You sir, have done something I thought impossible, congratulations and continue the excellent work.

Glad you changed your mind, Ultramarines are awesome!

• 2 months later...

Hello fellow Heresy fans!

It's been a while but I finally have something done for

the sons of Guilliman.

I've completed a Vigilator.

I will admit now, I have shamelessly stolen the scheme from

Wulox and Robocastor!

I wanted him to look a bit more stealthy so the darker blue

and grey fitted nicely.

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

31039688850_e8e40ea3fb_z.jpgRecon Ultramarine

30601654723_0474ca3645_z.jpgRecon Ultramarine

30587699704_6c0a9024be_z.jpgRecon Ultramarine

31294045901_f1e4cc6cc0_z.jpgRecon Ultramarine

​Next for the forces of Ultramar will be a squad of 5 Custodes.

Archived