Ryza pre and post heresy army : painting blog

The peltasts are done. I only need to put some dried herb tuffs on the base once the Agrax will have dried.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Mechanicus/ACB9603C-94EB-4961-9277-DFF5FB628419.jpg

Now it's the hoplites and then kataphrons destroyers

Edited by Master Avoghai

And now I've made the hoplites.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Mechanicus/BD63EA02-55D4-48CC-928D-0C8F4E660AD2.jpg

I've made a black/white shield as the role of the hoplites is to protect titans and Ryza is the world of Legio Crucius.

Edited by Master Avoghai

Thanks all! i've actually hesitated making black/whites stripes on a side, but then I realized that the surface was already occupied by much other details, hence I think that it would have done a messy resutlt where none colour would have been identificated.

The next step is an unexpected one as I've never planned adding electropriests to my force since they are so cstly points and money wise... So much for a unit so weak... But I actually like the models

And then on FB I've see this guy selling a bigt batch of sealed mechanicus boxes for nothing (more than 50% of the actual GW price) :blink: The pack includied 20 electropriests... After reselling all the unuseful units I already owned to other players, I ended up being the happy owner of 20 electropriests on sprrue + 1 engineseer on sprue for 25$ :P

Here the first unit of 5

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Mechanicus/584B71D0-68E2-4648-91EA-E5698BDFCA78.jpg

Now => to the paint station!

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys finished. I'm one of the people that really like the Electro Priest models, even if the Corpuscarii look like a Jazz hands dancing troupe. I bet all those cables are going to be awkward to paint when assembled. I'll find out soon enough though, they will be on my painting table (actually the floor) soon enough.

I'm looking forward to seeing these guys finished. I'm one of the people that really like the Electro Priest models, even if the Corpuscarii look like a Jazz hands dancing troupe. I bet all those cables are going to be awkward to paint when assembled. I'll find out soon enough though, they will be on my painting table (actually the floor) soon enough.

You keep models on the floor???  :blink.:

As much as I really want a desk, I don't have the room. I've brought some of my painting stuff downstairs to be a bit more sociable but that means that the current project sits on the floor until complete, normally surrounded by a small island of paints and tools. I have no critters to worry about so they are fairly safe. :)

I've found first hand now that Corpuscarii can be assembled as the figure and keep the wires, generators and stuff separate, which is handy to know. I know Master Avoghai have glued his but it's useful to know for future reference.

What sort of sponge do you use when weathering your models? I find it hard to get the random speckles you seem to do so well. My efforts tend to look a bit artificial when I use a sponge. I use the stuff that used to come from the old metal blister packs. Perhaps that is too regular?

What sort of sponge do you use when weathering your models? I find it hard to get the random speckles you seem to do so well. My efforts tend to look a bit artificial when I use a sponge. I use the stuff that used to come from the old metal blister packs. Perhaps that is too regular?

That's actually the same type of sponge I used.

I just vary the location and the angle I use to "attack" the model :P 

Also I always start from the edges and the front of the model, particularly when I paint a vehicle because most of the damages are supposed to come from the front and the paint is more sensible on the edges.

I also often fill the gaps with a brush between 2 close battle damages spots on the edges so that I can create a surface long enough to make some metal spots in the centers.

Thanks!

It's actually a khorne red withnuln oil and then hashut copper on the reliefs

I've made a pic of my army composition today :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Mechanicus/1FC109D7-87A5-482E-B121-8F9DC04A377F.jpg

Such pic is actually useful to notice that, though I thought it was complete, 8 vanguards are missing to make a 10 men squad with the 3 arc rifles + doing a 10 men squad with no special weapons with the plasma squad (I keep the plasma for war convocation only)

Agreed, that's a magnificent panoply of the Machine God's might!  The IKs in particular stand out with the black and white striping; I'd say that was well worth the effort.

Army all laid out like that makes me want to sing....

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND RECEPTORS WITNESS GLORY FROM THE BURNING OF THE FLAME...

....Looks awesome dude - especially the hazards on the Knight. Ryza is such a quality scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll end this painting session for mechanicus like I've started : with a magos

This one will allow me a weapon variant and an eventual leader for a cybernetica cohort or Requisition force.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Gilgamesh/019C04A4-0F5F-4228-918B-D543F2B0E878.jpg

Now I'll paint some deathwatch for the next 2 months but I still have big things to do (kastellans + 2 onagers)but it will be later.

For those who want to follow my deathwatch topic :