Rouge Trader Exploritor Warband

This is the first squad that I have painted up for my Imperial Guard company led by an inquisitor. I have another squad I'm currently working on, and my leadership is painted (Command Squad, Inquisitor, and two Primaris Psykers), but I need my girlfriend to take pictures of them. This squad armed with plasma guns. There will be a clone squad, one with a heavy flamer, and the one I'm working on has the double melta and heavy flamer plus demolitions build. I really want to add a henchmen squad as well, but that is down the road. I, also, have about twenty Sister models I can add. I have a lot of vehicles painted up, but they need to be touched up to bring them in line with the rest of my new Guard paint scheme. There is a definite theme to the paint scheme.
I want as much advice as possible for both the list building and painting. I will be fielding something like the following in my warband:
1x Command Squad:
Astropath
Officer of the Fleet
Vox Caster (All Vox Casters are a maybe, but painted)
Regimental Standard
2x Grenade Launchers
(Painted)
2x Primaris Psykers
Mastery level two
(Painted)
Chimera Dedicated Transport:
2x Heavy Bolters
(Painted)
1x Inquisitor:
Psyker
Psyocculum
3x Servo Skulls
(Painted)
2x Leman Russ Exterminators (conversion):
Hull mounted Heavy Bolter
Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Heavy Stubber
(Painted)
1x Vendetta
(Built)
Veterans:
Vox Caster
3x Plasma Guns
(Painted)
Veterans:
Vox Caster
3x Plasma Guns
(Built)
Veterans:
Vox Caster
2x Plasma Guns
Heavy Flamer
(Almost Built)
Chimera Dedicated Trasnport:
2x Heavy Bolters
(Painted)
Veterans:
Vox Caster
2x Melta Guns
Heavy Flamer
(Still Painting)
Chimera Dedicated Transport:
Multi-laser Heavy Flamer
(Painted)
Scion Squad (converted)
Vox Caster
Plasma Pistol (maybe)
2x Melta Gun
(Built)
Scion Squad (converted)
Vox Caster
Plasma Pistol (maybe)
2x Melta Gun
(Built)
2x Basilisk (could be 3x)
Heavy Bolter
(Painted)
3x Armored Sentinels
Auto-cannons
(Painted)
Hellhound (maybe)
Heavy Flamer
(Painted)
I want to get another Chimera for my Veterans, but there will always be some marching their way to victory. The Inquisitor will be with one of these squads, and one might be a Henchmen squad instead of Veterans later. They would have a Mystic, Psyker, and 2x Jokaero weaponsmiths. The only issue is that they cant benefit from the Command Squad, so I need advise on the issue before I commit to getting/converting Jokaero. I want to abuse orders and the Psychic phase (or have enough warpcharge points for some kind of defense). I, also, might add Missile Launchers (and only that) to the ground pounders; I like the aesthetic. This will be a Veteran army, not a blob army, so I'm leaning towards Grenadiers Doctrine. At some point I kind of want some Bullgryns too.
As a rules question, could I use the Psyocculum to shoot down FMCs or transports with psykers embarked at BS:10? If so, I would need less AA than normal. If not, I may want to add some AA and take out the Psyocculum. What other wargear would be good for the Inquisitor?

DSC 0002

DSC 0114

DSC 0990

DSC 0149

DSC 0148

DSC 0147

DSC 0144

DSC 0143

DSC 0141

DSC 0139

DSC 0128

DSC 0129

DSC 0134

I have a lot more pictures of these guys, so just ask if you want a look! biggrin.png

The models look good, but does trading in only rouge pay well enough? Shouldn't he trade other cosmetics also? msn-wink.gif SCNR

Oh, if looks could kill, then he'd be drop dead gorgeous. Everything dies as soon as he looks at it! tongue.png

@ deathspectersgt7, Thanks! I did everything freehand. I'm not the greatest, but I think it is well above tabletop quality IMHO.

Archived