I should've really vowed before my second ETL vow... apologies!

As long as you complete a lot of points (which you are) it's all good, mate! smile.png You will miss the awesome congratulatory medallion, though, which is a bummer sad.png NEXT YEAR!!!

I suppose I could still do it for my remaining vows...? Oh well :P

oh augustus you got my goal Points wrong, it way to low again have to fix that smile.png

Crap, you're right. I had to remake the whole document in Google Drive because I cannot access the original Excell file on my PC. I guess I entered x20 instead of x30 for your multiplier. Anyway, it's fixed now. :)

So, I have Lyme disease, which means I may actually have enough time at home to succeed at this. Which is a mixed blessing of course.

However, I need some advice

most pressing I need to figure out what graffiti to put on my thousand sons that have been sitting in a hive world so long they have turned grey with ash and grime (though it is chipping off now).

Second.

do you guys think a bloodthirster chained and bound to nurgle would be cool?

Sorry to hear about the tick's desease dude! I hope the antibiotics help!

About the 1KS, perhaps grafiti is not the right way to go? I mean, i cannot imagine even a rubric marine allowing some hiver spraying it with grafiti... Just leave it after you did the chipping and dust effects, I think that would look cool in and of itself.

The bloodthirster chained to Nurgle sounds wicked, I don't care that it's a little off, fluff wise. :tu:

However, I need some advice

most pressing I need to figure out what graffiti to put on my thousand sons that have been sitting in a hive world so long they have turned grey with ash and grime (though it is chipping off now).

Just to say if your looking for idea, there a really cool arm log on Alpha Legion by Captain Engelhardt, he done some cool effect on a Dreadnought.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/242295-alpha-legion/page-2

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, update time. I know I promised to do this sooner, but we're all aware of the Warp storm that struck the forum last weekend and which has only abated last Wednesday night. Captain Semper has updated the Chaos Strategium yesterday evening, and so here's the Soul Vow update.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/soul%20Vow%20ETL%20IV%203_zpspz4ktaxe.jpg

Congratulations are in order to Beachymike123, to SlaveToDarkness, and to Razblood! Excellent work, guys!

On the other hand, Andra'Melek hasn't even finished his first vow, so at this point (with one week left to go) I seriously suggest considering just finishing your first ETL IV vow and leaving it at that - no revowing. You can make up for your Soul Vow disgrace in the eyes of the gods during the Call of Chaos. msn-wink.gif Seriously, don't revow unless you're 100% sure you can finish, for if you don't you're actively subtracting form the completion rate in the ETL, and thus actively contributing to our collective loss.

Teetengee and Ancient Helveticus are in a somewhat similar situation: they have finished his first vow and have made a sizable revow, but will probably not be able to complete his Soul Vow of quintipling his points in time. Teetengee is way more active in the Strategium than Ancient Helveticus and Andra'Melek though, so we know what's up. The gods might want more, but the Chaos Strategium would rather see you complete a little less than fail in a lot!

Aeternas, on the other hand, is on the other side of the same coin. He has revowed his entire owed points in a single second vow, and with a 13 multiplier that is more than 2000 points, which he is still to complete. Good luck in the last week!

Steve Shields has excused himself and will not be making or completing a fifth vow - but considering his 12000 completed points by then (let alone the more than 27000 of last year) I think the Gods might be somewhat lenient on him. ALTHOUGH NOT QUITE FORGIVING. msn-wink.gif

Forté, malisteen, myself and Uveron have all revowed and are well on their way to completions, so everything is going great.\

That's it! Hopefully next Sunday will be the last update before the deadline, everyone!

You know what: you can vow to do at least double of the amount of vows you have made already. Does that seem fair?

Very fair... I intend to do another three time permitting on top of my two? Reasonable? :) although points wise, it wouldn't be anyway near as large!

Otherwise, I suppose I would have to wait for next year :)

@thamier: sorry mate, I forgot to write something about you!!

@Everyone: thamier has balls. He took 13 weeks to complete a squad of chosen and a lord, and today, at the start of the last week, he has vowed a Dreadclaw assault pod and no less than two rhino's. Good luck to him!!!

@Chaeron: That offer was two weeks ago. Although the Soul Vow is indeed a stimulus to finish stuff, so accepting your vow would be in light of the purpose of the event, it kinda defeats the spirit of it to accept your vow in the last week, doesn't it? I'll accept your vow as an Offering to Chaos. But woe will fall unto you should you fail. Spawndom will seem a blessing if you do. ;)

@thamier: sorry mate, I forgot to write something about you!!

@Everyone: thamier has balls. He took 13 weeks to complete a squad of chosen and a lord, and today, at the start of the last week, he has vowed a Dreadclaw assault pod and no less than two rhino's. Good luck to him!!!

hmm last time i checked inhavrnt vowed any dreadclaws or rhinos atlest not yet

Yeah, that was malisteen who revowed the belakor rhinos and dreadclaw.
Also, I am not done with my Rubrics yet, although I will finish them later today, and hope to churn out one or two more vows beside as well.
Still not sure if I will make it quite though, as my terminators will not necessarily clock in at as many points as I was expecting. I may need to add a couple to iron things out. Anyways. We shall see. I have about 10 hours of painting time today, plus time tomorrow morning and sunday night, plus some time over the week, so Lets see what I can crank out.

So, here I am trying to figure out how to pull this soul vow out of the warp by completing 4 vows in 8 days.
I need advice

a. how might one add things paintwise to a bloodthirster (metal model) to represent chaos rewards?
b. what sort of infantry vows could I do for 241+ points (I have the rest planned out and if we can figure out part a. then reduce this cost appropriately)
I have berzerkers, csm, and a few termies I could paint. Plus guard/traitor guard, but that is not happening quickly.

@thamier: dammit, I mixed you up with malisteen indeed. Sorry. It's that neither of your names start with a capitol letter and you both have an i and an a in it. My mind mixes them up. Your fault. ;)

@Chaeron: Thank me later. Just finish the vows and you're golden. We'll perhaps even make a special banner for you. If you're extra nice. ;)

@Teetengee: 

a. Perhaps the armour could count as a Greater reward like Unbreakable Hide (20 points) The old 'thirster didn't have quite as much armour as the new plastic one. Or -if you would like to really stretch it, give him the one-handed axe that belongs to the more expensive variant- Exalted Reward like Hellforged Artifact (30 points). Not exactly a lot of points, but hey, any and all points help, right?  :) 

b. Termies are by far the most expensive and surprisingly easy guys to paint. Not a lot of trim to do, plus they come with expensive wargear. 

In all seriousness though, my Soul Vow should be amongst the completed, as I've done over 4000pts in total.

Though I can appreciate that you may not want to redo the spreadsheet until the final reckoning :lol:

Tbh I was gonna jack it all in a few weeks ago, real life, depression and :cussin stress just made me not care, until Forte told me we were ahead of the Heresy lot, finishing vow3 was a bloody nightmare for me, it was like my own personel hell... 

I figured out what I am doing for the thirster.
Gave him a sword (blade of blood 20 points) and moved the lash to being a tail (so it is still represented) and modelled some bloodletters coming out of the base to represent riftwalker (30 points)

So now I just need a final vow worth 191 points.

On the other hand, Ancient Helveticus and ANdra'Melek haven't even finished their first vow, so at this point (with one week left to go) I seriously suggest considering just finishing your first ETL IV vow and leaving it at that - no revowing. You can make up for your Soul Vow disgrace in the eyes of the gods during the Call of Chaos. msn-wink.gif Seriously, don't revow unless you're 100% sure you can finish, for if you don't you're actively subtracting form the completion rate in the ETL, and thus actively contributing to our collective loss.

Here I was thinking about a last minute 3K vow* late next week just to see how fast I can paint under pressure....

To set the record straight, my first vow is complete and the second is underway. Vow 2 will give me a 5x multiple instead of the 3x I vowed. And it will be completed even if I have to take vacation and set up a caffeine IV. Evidence of the vows:

Vow 1 completion

Vow 2

* All talk of a 3rd vow is purely theoretical as I don't expect to finish vow 2 before Wednesday next week.

^^Frickerdyfrack, I was starting to doubt my won record keeping skills, until I noticed that Captain Semper has editted the list of completions in the Strategium as late as 7:37 PM. He must've missed yours too, and as you all know I base my list on his. So it's HIS fault I suck at keeping track. ;)

Anyway, Ancient Helveticus: congrats on the first finish and goog luck on the second. I hope you finish it, for the Gods do not take failed Soul Vows lightly. Spawndom will seem like a blessing to those who renege on their promises!!!! furious.gif

msn-wink.gif

Edited the update accordingly BTW

Archived