Wishful thinking? (New SM dex)

Morticon

I'm actually considering requesting a refund tongue.png purely on principle, I genuinely feel that the treatment is poor and all it's done is highlight how bad a job a team of developers can do with a ruleset.

our codex would have fit into 6th ed perfectly. But we got it in 7th ed, then right after a completely new mindset was determined for 7th ed, end result being we have a codex that feels no less outdated than any other 6th ed codex already, despite being a mere 6 months old.

This^ Orks, IG, SW, DE, and Nids are all in the same boat as us tho. Those dexes were prolly written with 6th edition in mind honestly.

I'm mostly a lurker here, but I feel rather strongly about this particular issue.  That said, I think it may be prudent to wait until after the official release of Codex: Space Marines so that the customer service reps don't have the "confidentiality" of the release to hide behind.

You're a ray of sunshine Eilam! biggrin.png

Probably true, but it really doesn't hurt to at least voice opinions does it?

I'm thinking of physically mailing UK customer service my Space Marine and Blood Angel Codexes. Because I'm sort of crazy, and it would make me feel better.

I did that once. Mailed my DA dex back to JJ after they released SM straight after - and blew them out the water for cheaper, better, stronger, harder, faster.

My message was quite hectic - polite- but, hectic - essentially said that I am returning it as I would return any other faulty product (this was 5th ed dex btw - the terribad bland dex that Chaos also suffered with!!) And that I don't understand what the point of me keeping the product is, when one has just been released that does it so much better.

He mailed it back with a note.

Basically said hang on to it and stick to it <_< or something placatory.

I wouldnt send stuff back just yet.

Instead, id push for a FAQ/ERRATA.

I guarantee they're going to say we're unique enough to warrant the difference and we have enough formations <_<

Tbh there is probably a little truth to it. Main issues are the point and stat differences IMO. I don't mind the war gear differences so much, seeing as we have items that regular marines don't get (melta assault squads, infernus pistols, hand flamers, glaive encarmines and heavy flamer tacticals)

But squadrons, point balancing, stat lines really should be brought in line.

The decurion equivalent would be nice, but we can technically sort of do similar, ours just isn't as good.

You're a ray of sunshine Eilam! biggrin.png

Probably true, but it really doesn't hurt to at least voice opinions does it?

I'm thinking of physically mailing UK customer service my Space Marine and Blood Angel Codexes. Because I'm sort of crazy, and it would make me feel better.

I did that once. Mailed my DA dex back to JJ after they released SM straight after - and blew them out the water for cheaper, better, stronger, harder, faster.

My message was quite hectic - polite- but, hectic - essentially said that I am returning it as I would return any other faulty product (this was 5th ed dex btw - the terribad bland dex that Chaos also suffered with!!) And that I don't understand what the point of me keeping the product is, when one has just been released that does it so much better.

He mailed it back with a note.

Basically said hang on to it and stick to it dry.png or something placatory.

I wouldnt send stuff back just yet.

Instead, id push for a FAQ/ERRATA.

I guarantee they're going to say we're unique enough to warrant the difference and we have enough formations dry.png

You have Jervis's address?

Do people actually think  that we will get some sort of FAQ to bring us in line?

I don't think anyone actually thinks that, no. Even if there was any kind of precedent for GW doing that kind of thing (instead of the precedent being the opposite) they don't even do FAQs any more, so lol.

Tbqh, I think they're hoping we'll all be so blown away by 5pt power weapons and 4A dreads that we'll all start (or resume) C:SM armies and leave our BA projects on the shelf until the next codex. We'd buy a lot more minis that way.

The new C:SM adresses a lot of stuff I was unsatisfied with in our codex, mainly scout profiles(they'd been crap since our 5th edition codex, but hey), cheap lightning claws on VAS(really the only reason I haven't assembled a squad of them yet) and the less than mediocre dreadnought profiles. I remember that Moriar could get up to 9 attacks(maybe even ten) under the 3rd edition maga....err codex. Just saying.

Comparing the new C:SM and C:BA feels like we're being duped. The book isn't half a year old and already irrelevant safe for the relics and BSF boni, which are awesome.

Snorri

To be honest, in many ways the stuff that got fixed or buffed are things I don't tend to use anyway, and we do still get some excellent things, maybe I won't go on the full warpath and try and return my codex, I'm sure I'll end up getting the marine codex as well though at some point

Disclaimer: if your a star eyed teen or something wanting to send an email to make a change- don't read the rest of this. Stay in school, study hard, and save the drugs/crazy keggers/ debauchery for college. Anything is possible.
Ok to the adults. Games Workshop is a publicly traded company whose SOLE responsibility is profit for shareholders. want them to listen? Buy stock. A lot. Then they might care. But all the emails asking for a change or FAQ result in some polite variation of "sod off" as you are just hassling some poor HR guy- who probably doesn't even play- as he sweats at his cubicle. I know passions run high about our plastic soldiers but lets handle it with some composure huh?

Ok to the adults.

Rolled my eyes so hard at this.... As a consumer you have zero obligation to those profit margins and a clever company with constantly decreasing revenue would do well to pay more attention to the wants and needs of it's customer base.

Don't buy things if you think you're getting ripped off and let a company know if you have a problem. IT's true that a lot will get filtrered out by outsourced HR but eventually these things find their way up even in a company like GW.

Complaining but still buying a LE codex will accomplish nothing.

Disclaimer: if your a star eyed teen or something wanting to send an email to make a change- don't read the rest of this. Stay in school, study hard, and save the drugs/crazy keggers/ debauchery for college. Anything is possible.

Ok to the adults. Games Workshop is a publicly traded company whose SOLE responsibility is profit for shareholders. want them to listen? Buy stock. A lot. Then they might care. But all the emails asking for a change or FAQ result in some polite variation of "sod off" as you are just hassling some poor HR guy- who probably doesn't even play- as he sweats at his cubicle. I know passions run high about our plastic soldiers but lets handle it with some composure huh?

Oh man, I guess I've been doing the whole "adult" thing all wrong!  From now on, I will submit passively to my corporate overlords, keep my stupid opinions to myself, keep on giving them my money with no complaint, and buy lots of stock in a company that is currently cratering.

Thanks for setting us straight, Dice.  

As I said earlier in the thread, GW famously doesn't listen to it's customer base, or communicate with them in any way.

GW isn't going to change this any time soon.

What's happened with BA shouldn't really come as a shock, it's happened constantly throughout 40K's history. You either accept this sort of thing happens (along with the terrible rules) and stick around for the fluff/minis, or you go find another game.

Anything else is just going to frustrate you.

Why you guys thinks Orks got their looted wagons back in White Dwarf update? Was it because GW was feeling generous for the unit that had no model? No Community was outraged and did point out that decision would hurt model selling so GW gave them white dwarf updated and thus Ork players continued buying IG stuff. Chances are, although not good, if we can point out if we get FAQ for statline and squadron update for the vehicles that SM get squadroned and bringing our units in line with them, it would boost sales even further. Although I would not expect such miracle to happen, not twice.

All I want are better scouts and dreadnoughts. For scouts, furious charge kind of levels things and the sergeant as the only unit with wargear is WS4 already. So yeah that is actually nottoo bad. Dreadnoughts and cheaper terminators however truly sting. Especially rightafter a new BA terminator box release. These three really need to be statline FAQed. No one will buy a furioso or BA terminators after this especially after the space hulk rerelease.

Archived