Wishful thinking? (New SM dex)

Morticon

If, and I stress the "if" part, we had an FAQ that gave us the points tweak for Tactical Terminators, would you use them more often?

(The new SM book has them five points cheaper).

As for the Formations, what concerns me is even though they are the same, now they have been rolled into the C:SM book I'm not sure if the stand along publications are legal for us to use.

You can ally in any Formation you like and still be battle forged. No changes there I think.

As for the Formations, what concerns me is even though they are the same, now they have been rolled into the C:SM book I'm not sure if the stand along publications are legal for us to use.

You can ally in any Formation you like and still be battle forged. No changes there I think.

That depends. What if there's a change in the SM Adeptus Astartes Stormwing? Would this make the BL Dataslate illegal for us to use? (Basically, we're going to have to buy/acquire C:SM, aren't we)

At this point the only changes I'd like to see are Dread attacks and tank squads. That's it!

Faq that and bobs your uncle.

Imagine it, 3 fast Vindicators...

I'm sure that even if we did gain squadron access, people would still complain about Baals moving to HS...

If, and I stress the "if" part, we had an FAQ that gave us the points tweak for Tactical Terminators, would you use them more often?

(The new SM book has them five points cheaper).

Yes, for sure - but that is almost impossible considering they would have to update the points cost of every formation etc. accordingly.  It will never happen.

That depends. What if there's a change in the SM Adeptus Astartes Stormwing? Would this make the BL Dataslate illegal for us to use? (Basically, we're going to have to buy/acquire C:SM, aren't we)

At this point the only changes I'd like to see are Dread attacks and tank squads. That's it!

Faq that and bobs your uncle.

Imagine it, 3 fast Vindicators...

I'm sure that even if we did gain squadron access, people would still complain about Baals moving to HS...

Baals becoming HS was a bad thing though! They lost too much of what made them interesting like outflank and scout. It isn't cheap either. I mean for 150 points you get a TL assault cannon and two h.bolters on a pred. For 50 points more I can take a stormraven with 4 missiles, a tl multi melta, tl assault canon and it is an assault vehicle that flies.  When they are on the same slot it isn't much of a brainer.

I would definitely use my terminators more if they were cheaper. And being able to take 3 whirlwinds as a single hs choice FOR 200 pts would be awesome. It would make me actually use whirlwinds. Not even touching dreadnought attack increase.

It all basically comes down to: our codex wasn't a strong release, it basically just brought us up to speed.   So it's not going to be top tier in comparison to new shiny codices.  

Even if it did stay at pace for the first few subsequent codex releases, it wouldn't be at pace for long because the codex release schedule has ramped up quite a bit.  And every codex has to power creep to sell stuff.  In the case of squadrons, we're discussing the merit of buying 3 whirlwinds.  Tell me that would have happened a few months ago. . .  

Formations have basically given GW game designers the universal answer they've wanted forever: "it's not us, it's you"  game balance is now completely in the player's hands.   You want to be competitive?  Get some allies, buy some new stuff, strap on your shoes, and grab your wallet because you're in an arms race. 

And honestly, you can do it in a fluffy way.  I have an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor and retinue, Red Hunters, and Lamenters all on the penitent crusade.  We're actually kinda lucky as Imperials that we have so many "battle brother" options.  Fewer "battle brothers" is probably why the Xenos codices are so strong.  

A big one potentially for us is to add the reroll a charge distance dice to vanguard. Unless of course we get that currently and if so ignore me ;)

Our Dex is strong I think, fast vehicles especially help out. Squadron them and awesome.

Squaded dreads with 4 base would be a dream come true. 3 Frsgiosos? Count. Me. In.

Ive seen BA´s here in Germany from time to time in the first Rank since 7th edition and often in the first third of the Ranking. So i think its between Medicore and Top Tier.

I think that's where we should be. That way the internet doesnt whine about us and we get to still be competitive.

I still haven't seen any rule disallowing old codices/dataslates/whatever. If the potential formation in codex adeptus astartes: Space amrines has the exact same title as the old dataslate it would overwrite the dataslate. If a single letter is different it is a different formation.

I also want to get the terminator points reduction and the dreadnought buff.  Fingers still crossed

Me too. The old HQ takes wargear x, one type of units with wargear x become troops was a good idea, and I think they should reintroduce it and give it to all SM codices. For completeness sake chapter caster/captain in TDA -> TDA units are troops should exist alongside the bike and JP chapter master/captains.

Ive seen BA´s here in Germany from time to time in the first Rank since 7th edition and often in the first third of the Ranking. So i think its between Medicore and Top Tier.

I think that's where we should be. That way the internet doesnt whine about us and we get to still be competitive.

I’m not really that bothered where BA sit in power levels anymore.

If you ‘play’ 40K, you have to really not care about winning or losing. GW can’t/doesn’t/won’t write balanced rules – which is infuriating when rules seem to be the main focus of their releases at the moment.

That’s not to say that’s a more ‘noble’ attitude though. There’s nothing wrong about wanting to win a game. My better half and I take great delight in lording it over each other when we’ve beaten each other at Backgammon.

I tend to play 40K infrequently now with close friends only, where the game is secondary to beer, samosas and catching up.

Marine Scouts got WS/BS4. My scouts also want this sad.png

I feel BA are a top tier codex at the moment. Not Necrons or Eldar, but up there.

I feel that in a meta with allies BA have their niche.. but it doesn't feel like playing BA anymore to me.

A Baal with HBs is 135. My point was that with squadrons, there's space in the FOC for one and this was one of the reasons people were complaining

Well, It would have been even better as a fast attack choice with squadron option but thats pushing it I know. 

Even if we do get FAQd up to speed... I'm ticked that now my VERY EXPENSIVE Sanguinary Guard edition Codex will have little sticky notes in it... and don't get me started on how ours was the only Special Edition Codex without cool little metal objective markers...

Archived