Wishful thinking? (New SM dex)

Morticon

Everyone remember when GW FAQed the previous Dark Angel codex to keep them on-par with 6th edition codex marines?

Nope?

Me neither. sad.png

I remember them updating the BT storm shields to the version the rest of marines have.

I suggest that we constantly email GW rule grots with questions like "Can BA furiosos form squads of 3" or "Do Vanguard Veterans get fleet with their heroic intervention" etc. The answer will likely be no but if enough people constantly message them about it, they can at least consider caving and writing an errata to cover it.

Kind of a different strategy than mailing them and asking why they hate blood angels.

Everyone remember when GW FAQed the previous Dark Angel codex to keep them on-par with 6th edition codex marines?

Nope?

Me neither. sad.png

I remember them updating the BT storm shields to the version the rest of marines have.

This may be the case in the past, but it seems GW has a new method in how they develop and deploy rules. I mean we have been spammed with rule updates for the past 6 months. So I would say an errata is totally possible.

I suggest that we constantly email GW rule grots with questions like "Can BA furiosos form squads of 3" or "Do Vanguard Veterans get fleet with their heroic intervention" etc. The answer will likely be no but if enough people constantly message them about it, they can at least consider caving and writing an errata to cover it.

Kind of a different strategy than mailing them and asking why they hate blood angels.

Seconded. Emailing them with stupid questions like these(I mean it's obvious that BA's don't get the stuff, but hey) will have them make a FAQ sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't bet on anything to be included, though. But man, the VAS sound amazingly cheap and good. I wonder why they didn't include that in our codex.

I think it's as likely to be a new codex release in 6-12 months as anything else honestly

With the current release schedule(how old was C:SM again?), 18 months isn't too far-fetched actually.

Snorri

Well. I'll be buying one of these dexes, but only because I've fancied have some imperial fist allies for my main BA army. Only thing I am sad we won't be getting soon is those vehicle squads.

"Do Furioso Dreadnoughts have 4 attacks like Codex Space Marines ones?"

Ask that at least 100 times

^^^^^^^^^^

This is so silly, actually. Dread with one fist and a non-CC weapon = 4 attacks. Dread with 2 fists and no non-CC weapon = 2 attacks. 3, rather, but still. Our dreads have become more expensive and only got WS5 and BS4. So many things that don't make sense anymore after this update. So that's how the Dark Angels felt back then....

Snorri

^^^^^^^^^^

This is so silly, actually. Dread with one fist and a non-CC weapon = 4 attacks. Dread with 2 fists and no non-CC weapon = 2 attacks. 3, rather, but still. Our dreads have become more expensive and only got WS5 and BS4. So many things that don't make sense anymore after this update. So that's how the Dark Angels felt back then....

Snorri

Not only that but they felt the need to remove the bonus attacks from our Talons. Definitely feeling the sting now of being the last codex before a philosophy shift - it also makes me think that the Sanguine Wing formation's free weapons had the new vanilla Vanguard Vet weapon prices in mind. Suddenly instead of potentially 400 pts of 'free' wargear it's half that much.

Sad to say I cannot see them fixing this before we get another codex and, given the timing, I suspect we'll be behind that curve for quite some time. At least we're still the best looking Astartes!

^^^^^^^^^^

Snorri

screw dreads I want ws4  and bs4 scouts!

I'm as bummed as he rest of you, but if you ever want this to change, don't buy the new codex. Get the cool new models, but that's it. It's never going to change until they feel the sting in sales. You can disagree with that approach but I'm done with buying rules that we have no guarantee of shelf life for.

If you play in a friendly environment (I hope you all do considering the state of the rules), you don't need GW to issue a FAQ. Get the agreement of your fellow players to use appropriate entries from the new SM dex.

Re the DA in the days of 4++ Storm Shields and 1 shot CMLs. After pressure from DA players, Jervis sent an email more or less saying 'feel free to use whatever rules you want' or similar. A FAQ was eventually issued after a year (?).

GW is so directionless with it's rules. Blanderise the GK/SW/BA codexes to remove the flavour and standardise as much as possible, and then go full disco with the main SM dex.

It's lack of communication with the player base doesn't help either - a line in WD to say what their plans with GK/SW/BA are, and then issue a FAQ wouldn't hurt would it ?

Codex Space Marines got nice toys. So what. I didn't get into Blood Angels for the cheese. Started them in 6th just because Death Company seemed awesome and because they had the best fluff. That hasn't changed.

Does it suck? A bit. But if you are the kind of guy who PLAYS TO WINN! 1! 1! 1 Blood Angels have not been that Army for YEARS now. You want that easy button, eldar are right over there next to necrons. If you are a true BA player you will fight your way through it- you'll probably lose a lot- but thems the breaks. Just makes the wins sweeter. I'll take losing with a BA force that is well painted and actually representative of Blood Angels over some grey plastic flavor of the month netlist bull**** every day of the week.

It's less about that BadDice, it's more for years we had an outdated codex where things were over costed, misaligned and generally didn't make sense compared to the other marine books. It was a relic from a bygone age.

6 months since our glorious update, GW changes the game and we are left behind. Again. While we shouldn't get everything from the Marine Dex, we should have a Decurion and our units should be Base line the same for sure (scouts, vanguard, points cost, squads of vehicles).

They could quite easily do it again too. The quickest (and most profitable) way for GW to amend this would be print the rules in WD for a Decurion and also put out and FAQ. possibly even say "refer to Marines codex" to sell more books, right? Digital edition could be updated too.

Basically, it stings most because we got bought in line just as the line moved 10 miles in front, and the same can happen again.

Sadly I don't think not buying the book will do much, look at the sisters campaign, not even an acknowledgement from GW and that was for buying models.

I think we just need go bombard them with questions like stated previously.

Regardless of my one man rules boycott's effect or lack thereof, GW will not get a red cent from me for rules again. Ever. I feel like they essentially lied and stole my money in December.

They either knew they were going to invalidate the BA book in half a year when they released it, or they were incompetent enough not to. Either way I'm just steamed.

Also, Charlo, the fact that they could, as you say, "do it again" just underlines why I'm not buying Codexes anymore.

Being asked to pay full price for books that are 90% the same and part of planned obsolescence where the schedule is either hidden or simply random is not where my $$ should be spent.

I'm most definitely not buying the new marine codex. I will however, be picking up a pdf so I can print out the parts of the codex we should have had anyway, like the scouts, the dreads, and the vanguard. I only play casually these days, so anyone who doesn't like it, can shove it and find someone else to play. This is the 2nd codex in a row for BA that's been made irrelevant after 6 months. 6th edition, and now this. Sigh. Though anyone who thinks we have it as bad as our mistreated brothers of the first legion, they are mistaken. In order of screwing factions over, DA are trumped only by sisters.

I'm most definitely not buying the new marine codex. I will however, be picking up a pdf so I can print out the parts of the codex we should have had anyway, like the scouts, the dreads, and the vanguard. I only play casually these days, so anyone who doesn't like it, can shove it and find someone else to play. This is the 2nd codex in a row for BA that's been made irrelevant after 6 months. 6th edition, and now this. Sigh. Though anyone who thinks we have it as bad as our mistreated brothers of the first legion, they are mistaken. In order of screwing factions over, DA are trumped only by sisters.

This is what I'll be doing, since I only play with a close group of friends for narrative fun. 

As for the Dark Angels I'm hoping they get a stellar book as they've definitely earned it. Preferably one without the strange oddities like the Sword of Caliban, Nephilim issues, etc. I guess we'll see soon enough!

Is anyone really surprised by this? The merry go round has always been turning. Sometimes your at the top sometimes your at the bottom. We arnt at the bottom yet, and i dont think we ever hit the top. It was a really short ride though!

If youve been a regular Ba player for a while you would be used to not being at the top. Ill continue playing my favourite chapter and optimistically look forward to the next codex.

I do as well Jorre, and I never was at the top, just love my BA, I loved them for their jump pack troops, cc focus, and gothic/renaissance theme, compared to the dark age feel of the DA, and the roman style of Ultras. Had them since their WD mini codex, and they deserve better than they have been getting. The big deal for me is the Vanguard, been wanting them to be good for so long.

Archived