++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - June: Supporting the ETL ++

Kor'Vesh

The Deredeo is finished, more coming soon.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p107/blitzjager/Deredeo_20150618_Pro__highres_Front_1_crop.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p107/blitzjager/Deredeo_20150618_highres_above_crop.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p107/blitzjager/Deredeo_20150618_highres_%20leftside_crop.jpg

Rich marine- whoa!!! Loving your justerian! Did u freehand all the symbols???

Also, have u considered yellow lenses on the helmets?

No, freehand can never replace a good decal. Tried yellow lenses on a few test minis. They don't look right to me.

Aw thanks Kurama!;)... Lil blushing at yer gushing effervescent appreciation. Thanks man... I have the yellow and black basecoated down and the flesh wash. Will hopefully be starting the yellow layering this eve to even her out.

My foray back into airbrushing meant I had watered the bottom layer wwwwaaaayyyy to far down and when it dried it was like a yellow glaze instead of being an actual color there. Worked out as I basecoated the back onto the winglets, wings and cow longs and then decided to reflect the yellow and black pattern by painting the bottom of the raptor black.

My reasoning is that she is a night attack bird during the siege and the Fists had painted the underbelly of the fuselage black as a sign of mourning their fallen brothers who they are now having to reap as the chaff.

This is an exciting project for me as I have always loved ground attack planes and the A10 was my favorite attack craft next to the Spooky. The raptor combines them in 1 sexy hunk of resin and I get to paint her yellow(and I didn't have to assemble her;)

Also will be adding 3 scimitars to my list as I scored a pack on the 'bay yesterday. Will paint those white as I want some Scars in my list.

Fraters!

Apologies for the prolonged absence. A mixture of work, real life, and a slight drop in hobby momentum have kept me from these hallowed halls. Still, its great to come back and see some fantastic progress!

Richmarine - Those Justaerin are just as awesome as I'd hoped. Great work.

Stru - love your Deathguard. I hope one day to get the chance to stomp them into the ground where such filth traitors belong!

Lion - Great to see the long promised Fire raptor looking so good. Excited to see the completion.

Nevindar - Lovely work on you infantry. I can't wait to see what you do with this Pallas predator conversion!

MoM - I love the Kataphron, and I think they are a great sub for myrmidons.

Blitzjager - That Eddy is simple, bold and beautiful. Excellent job sir.

Despite many distractions, I have managed to complete my contemptor. I hope you enjoy - he still needs a name, so suggestions are welcome!

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/contempt3_zpsye08i8qd.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/contempt1_zpsqoqc3vrz.jpg    http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/KorVesh/contemptmortis_zps6nekmceb.jpg

Kor'Vesh

I'll pledge a single Imperialis Militia Grenadier from Tempest. Want to test out a scheme for them, that and I have a load of steampunk infantry models from Meridian Miniatures (3 twenty man infantry squads plus a force commander and Command Cadre).

Sounds exciting MoM. I need to get tempest myself, but even without knowing the rules a potential Militia force from you would be fantastic to watch!

So by way of a quick and dirty update after three weeks of June:

Pledges: MoM has completed 5 all by himself, but is still going so those pledges are at risk. This means current scores are:

Loyalists 2 - 4 Traitors

Score: Its a solid lead for the loyalists, mostly thanks to MoM

Loyalists 98 - 34 Traitors

Percentage completions:

Loyalists 31.98% - 43.59% Traitors

OK - so this month is quiet. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it is the deep breath before the storm that is the final month of the ETL. We smashed all the records in this thread in May, and June will be more of a consolidation month. HOWEVER, there is a fight on here. The traitor's rate of completion is substantially superior to the loyalitsts, and both teams have plenty more vows to work through. Lets make a battle of it in the last nine days eh?

Kor'Vesh

Kor'vesh: Nev'Dar, Dreadnought of Massive Leadbased Kheres-flame. !

And ... Silence. Will. Fall.

-returns to build 10 tacmarines and a predator in lieu of needing a paint-restock-run tomorrow-

//Nevindar

@Kor'Vesh: These are the guys I'll be eventually using as basic infantry (not the grenadiers, planning on scions with a skitarii vanguard head for them).

gallery_80005_10591_1053.jpg

(Painted in March 2014)

They seem to be like Guard for 40k. Mainly planning on using them as allies for my mechanicum just as another way of getting cheap bodies on the board for objective grabbing. Don't expect to use them too often, but got them from Meridian Miniatures (uk company) kickstarter last year and just need the excuse to get the 70+ models painted for them (that and my Iron Hands and Mechanicum are virtually done at the moment).

Kor, that dread is fantastic. I'm a big admirer of your Sallies, and the work and detail you put into them is honestly inspiring.

That, of course, will not stop my Death Guard from burying them. tongue.png

I posted this in the ETL thread last night, but need to do so here as well...

Vow Complete!

gallery_67188_10431_42806.jpg

The bases arrived on Saturday morning as we were moving out of the old temporary place into the new permanent place, so literally just in time!

And now to risk it all!

I, StruManChu, apparently having no sense or feel for the reality of my situation, do solemnly vow to complete these five Death Guard Terminators before month's end.

gallery_67188_10431_3295.jpg

I've got eight days. What's the worst that could happen?

Nevindar - Well, I do already have Ation, Salamanders apothecary named in honour of the Lady of the Rumour Tower. My Executioner will also be named Magma Stream, in honour of Slips, so Nev'Dar isn't beyond the realms of possibility. Your name might be better for my Mechanicum Magos though!

Rich - I love the SoH aesthetic, and you are really doing it justice! Excellent WIP, and I like the green in the shoulder pad.

Stru - Thanks man. Hugely appreciated, though I didn't do much extra on this beastie. Death Guard versus Sallies - It can only be an arduous slogfest to mutual destruction - sounds awesome! The bases were clearly worth waiting for! Good job as ever. Eight days, 5 terminators - piece of cake :S

MoM - I like them. They'll look great en masse.

Kor'Vesh: That might be true, and a true honour as well! Also, the Contemptor look really good.

Rich: Love the Reavering of that Reaver Captain. Yes, Reavering is a proper word, honestly. It is!

Stru: Nice Death Guard, looks brutal enough for sure.

Nevindar: LESS FORUM, LESS FALLOUT SHELTER, LESS STAR WARS GAMES, GO PAINT!

Restocked some paintstuff I was out of today so.. Time to paint!

//Nevindar

Ok, the prototype grenadier is now done.

gallery_80005_10788_7004.jpg

Next I pledge 2 scyllax guardian-automata and 5 imperial militia infantry models.

gallery_80005_10591_2332.jpg

The scyllax are Crane Wardrones from anvil industry-would have a full squad but I managed to pick those 2 up early and I'm still waiting for my kickstarter stuff to be sent out. The imperial militia are from meridian miniatures-includes the sergeant.

Excellent work everybody! Unfortunately my ace fighter pilot skills in war thunder have kept me away from posting the finished pic of Polux, albeit a very crappy one smile.png

med_gallery_82040_10175_45243.jpg

Pledge done!

DimDim

Nice DimDim!!! MoM... i don't know exactly what those are but I LIKE them:)

Heres my 99% complete Raptor- the Hammer of Dorn

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/A257BEA8_zpsmgcreiyg.jpg

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/FB7E1894_zpsdi6uvfpl.jpg

the last 1% involves adding the brass etch fists to the sides :)

Im excited to see this beast finished

Archived