++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - June: Supporting the ETL ++

Kor'Vesh

Some photos? yeah, some photos. Or would that be Pic-captures?

Dreadnought number one, please.
gallery_84024_10520_140795.jpg

Dreadnought number two, please.
gallery_84024_10520_245553.jpg

Praetor, kittycat and Command Squad.
gallery_84024_10520_50947.jpg

A slightly larger Predator.
gallery_84024_10520_12214.jpg

A unit of 10 Marines.
gallery_84024_10520_525453.jpg

And yes, I do know that the banner is a bit bare on the Command Squad, so far only listing the number of the Expedition Fleet. This is due to them not actually having won any honours yet and thus have nothing to show. This banner will be added upon whenever there is an honour won to showcase!

//Nevindar

"Almost" done with the 10 Phalanx Warders, some progress on the PA Primus and Apoth. Should be done by tonight! 

LAST MINUTE COMPLETIONS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Got my stuff done. Camera being Uncooperative sad.png Will Upload ASAP!

EDIT: P I C T U R E S B O Y S (and gals)

Decided to experiment with my yellow again. This time it was: Averland (2 Coats), Flash Gitz (2 Coats), Heavy Cassandora Yellow and Medium-Light Seraphim Sepia. The Two Apothecaries are a bit different being only Cassandora Yellow and Seraphim Sepia over White Primer. Will probably use this scheme in the future for speed painting batches of Imperial Fists.

It may also not be that apparent but, if you notice a Golden Sheen on the Warders thats because I continue to experiment giving my models a light Drybrush of Auric Armor or Golden Gryphon.

I'm leaning towards my previous success of Averland -> Yrel -> Cassandora -> Lamenters for a more concentrated Yellow-Orange Color.

The TDA Primus was more of a "Proof Of Concept" Scheme for a way for me to paint certain metallics. Came out well. Could refine it a bit more. Though it doesnt really translate to camera pictures...

Blood For The Blood God continues to be a great purchase.

2015 07 01 00.51.40

2015 07 01 00.53.33

2015 07 01 00.53.51

2015 07 01 00.53.58

Excellent work Nevindar and Slips, some nice big last minute loyalist completions - just how I like it :)

Slips - I REALLY like that Primus. Great model and lovel scheme. Good work sir.

Nevindar - Awesome dreads, and I think the Predator conversion looks fantastic. How is your whole army looking now?

Completions are now over for June - I'll write things up this evening with any luck!

Good job Slips! Always nice to see finished models!

A style question though. Would a Thunder Hammer actually get that bloody or would the power field vaporize the blood? I like your bloody one Slips, just asking what people think! :)

Also, Kor'vesh, was that a veiled question asking me for a picture of my entire army? ;)

Well, here's one that gives a taste at least!

1.jpg

//Nevindar

That army has all been painted within the Casual challenge as well. I really need to sort the 5 Immortals that are needed to bring the unit up to... minimum as soon as the ETL have ended :)

June – Post-mortem

A quiet but enjoyable month in the Casual Challenge has come to an end – let’s see how we all did!

Completed Pledges: 

Traitors 10 – 16 Loyalists

The loyalists take the pledge competition as usual, but seeing as Mind of Metal single-handedly completed 7 pledges for the loyalists, things were actually much closer than you’d think!

Score:

Traitors 88 – 187.5 Loyalists

Percentage Completion:

Traitors 77.19% – 59.06% Loyalists

The points difference was pretty big this month, but the amount pledged for each team was also pretty different, which ultimately gave a big win on completion rate to the traitors – the followers of Horus have had a surprisingly honourable month!

The Traitors - followers of Horus - the heretics, followers of the warp (8 members)

The Oath Keepers

StruManChu The XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard: 5 veteran marines (5/5 point)

AND: 5 Cataphractii (10/10 points)

Rage of Khorne – The XIIth Legion Astartes, World Eaters: 15 marines and a whirlwind (21/21 points)

AND: 5 marines, a vindicator and a rhino (17/17 points)

Kurama – The XVIth Legion Astartes, The Sons of Horus: 2 apothecaries, 5 recon marines, terminator chaplain, Land Raider Achilles (15/15 points)

AND: Mortis Contemptor (6/6 points)

Richmarine - The XVIth Legion Astartes, The Sons of Horus: 4 Justaerin (8/8 points)

AND: Reaver Captain (1/1 point)

Leonite – The XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard: 2 apothecaries (2/2 points)

Jimbo13 – The XXth Legion Astartes, Alpha Legion: 3 marines (3/3 points)

The Missing

Sup00sed - The IIIrd Legion Astartes, Emperor’s Children: 3 outriders and Fulgrim (0/16 points)

Brother Vidius – The XVIIth Legion Astartes, Word Bearers: 10 Tactical Marines (0/10 points)

The Loyalists - beloved of the Emperor - the loyal sons (16 members)

The Oath Keepers

Kor’Vesh – The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: Contemptor (6/6 points)

AND: BUILD 3 Thallax and a Magos (2/2 points)

Slipstreams The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: 10 Phalanx Warders, 1 Primus Medicae in Artificer w/ Sol Glove, 1 Primus Medicae in Terminator Armor, 1 Apothecary (14/14 points)

Dantioch – The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines: Predator (6/6 points)

Mind of Metal – The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands and Mechanicum: 4 Adsecularis tech thralls, 2 objective markers, and a Sicaran (14/14 points)

AND: 4 tech thralls (4/4 points)

AND: Thanatar (3/3 points)

AND: Castellax (3/3 points)

AND: 3 Myrmidon Destructors and 2 objective markers (10/10 points)

AND: Grenadier (1/1 point)

AND: 2 scyllax guardian-automata and 5 imperial militia (9/9 points)

LionOfJudah – The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: Fire Raptor and Polux (8/8 points)

Dim Dim ­– The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: Polux (2/2points)

Nevindar - The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: moritat, 1 delegatus, 10 veteran marines (12/12 points)

AND: 2 Dreadnoughts, 5 man Command squad, 1 Forge Father Praetor with cyber familiar, BUILD: 10 Tactical Marines, 1 Predator (24/24 points)

Kriegriss - The VIIth Legion Astartes Imperial Fists: 2 Praetors and 2 apothecaries (5/5 points)

The Battle Brothers

Leoric – The Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 10 marines (5/10 points)

RaktraThe Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands: 2 contemptors, 5 marines and Horus (12/27 points)

BlitzJager - The XIIIth Legion Astartes, Ultramarines: 20 men Veteran Tactical Marines, 2 Apothecaries, Deredeo, BUILD: Fellblade Super-heavy tank (19.5/30.5 points)

ROBOcaster - The Solar Auxillia: Dracosan and Malcador (10/16 points)

Frozenfoods - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: Primus Medicae Cataphractii, 8 Firedrakes, 10 Pyroclasts (18/28 points)

The Missing

Barabbas Sogolon – XIVth Legion Astartes, Death Guard (loyalists): Champion and Magos (0/2 points)

Castiel - The XVIIIth Legion Astartes, Salamanders: 10 Pyroclasts (0/10 points)

Alpharius Omegron 108 – The IInd Legion Astartes, Lightning Bearers: 5 preators, a siege lord, a moritat, a chaplain, a blade master, Command squad, 2x 10 vellatris veterans, command squad (SA), 2 magosses, 3 deathshroud, & a lazer vindi (0/53 points)

It’s worth saying that at this stage in the Challenge’s life most people are really involved, and producing a good amount of work each month. We have a big majority of Oath Keepers, and even those Battle brothers are getting through large chunks of their vows. Great work everyone!

Warmaster’s Champion

3rd Place – StruManChu with 15 points

2nd Place – Kurama with 21 points

1st PlaceRage of Khorne with 38 points

Emperor’s Champion

3rd Place – Frozenfoods with 18 points

2nd Place – Nevindar with 36 points

1st PlaceMind of Metal with 44 points

Congrats to everyone for some more serious work this month!

Kor’Vesh

I would like to vote for Richmarine as the traitor (super clean painting on those Justaerin) and Nevinder for the Loyalist (love the dynamic posing).

Well done all. Pretty amazing inspiration coming out of here.

I feel all the completions this month where of a really high quality it two of my favorites are Richmarins Justerian and the reaver chieftain for the traitors and lion of Judas Fire Raptor the hammer of dorn. honorable mention to Rage of khorn you're white is awesome and the poses of you're infantry are very dynamic and Mind of Metal you're Than a tar is beastly I love those models

Archived