Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

Have WD in hand and have preordered standard Codex. It's all getting very exciting.

Just an observation: I don't think the Ravenwing and Tactical marines shown in the Paint Splatter article are very good. The bright green highlights too 'Tron' for me, and the grey on the RW too sloppy. Maybe I've just gotten used to seeing a much better standard posted on this forum <_<.

Reading between the lines the digital Cypher dataslate isn't being changed to allow him to be fielded with DA. Although the LE Codex pack contains a printed 38-page version of it. Why?

Overall a lot of DA content but it terms of further rules etc, not giving anything away we didn't already know :no:.

There are a few interesting fluff snippets, here and there, but I'll let you find those yourselves or wait for the Codex ;).

Cheers

I

Checking out the codex picture samples, the Assault Squad is a true cut-n-paste of the C: SM version, other than for us having Grim Resolve.  So, eviscerators all around it is.  The Drop Pod looks to be the same too.

First I was pleased to see this guy...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Miscelleanous/61cddb2d0864f2d15930459fb94efb11.jpg

Then, like Diavlo said, I saw this :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Miscelleanous/5ea3082d2f9ce9e100d0910cb00a63d5.jpg

For the french phobic : the squadron is composed of one DT and 2 Nephilims... :wacko:

Man you cannot even trust GW's web page products image...

So according to the screenshots of the iBook preview:

- Belial remains 190 points and has Marked for Retribution & Tactical Precision.

- Deathwing Assault and Vengeful strike appear to be remained into 1 rule "Deathwing". Still unclear.

- Foe-Smiter 15 points (-5)

- Monster Slayer of Caliban 40 points (-5)

- Shroud of Heros 10 points (-40).... probably a huge change in the rules

- New relic "The Eye of the Unseen" 40 points

- Grav weapons of all types in armory section same as vanilla marines

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3p52mb5j8fislmv/AADOnkNXtrTp8OlZdidR2cd5a?dl=0

That would be both sad and disappointing. I would hope that theres something we're getting in place of that. If thats the case I dont ever see a need to take a command squad. Will have to see the new rules.

It's odd because the transfer sheet has all 3 of thevsacred standards does it not? Unless all the sacred standards have been made a blanket cost.

Also looks like dozer blade is gone on landraiders.

That would be both sad and disappointing. I would hope that theres something we're getting in place of that. If thats the case I dont ever see a need to take a command squad. Will have to see the new rules.

It's odd because the transfer sheet has all 3 of thevsacred standards does it not? Unless all the sacred standards have been made a blanket cost.

Also looks like dozer blade is gone on landraiders.

Indeed. Banners added a lot of flavour to it. Without them, there is little reason to play a CS and one less reason to play DA over green painted SM.

Pretty sure the "sacred standard" is the 3 banners.  And they are all the same cost with probably large rule changes.  My guess is they will act similar as before but in a 'one use only' fashion.  But like others have said they sell the models for the banners and just had them on the new DA transfer sheet, so I HIGHLY doubt they are altogether gone.  Changed probably, but not gone.

Hmm Monster Slayer of Caliban still is overpriced. :P unless they gave it AP2.

As for the standards, the edition before the still current also didn't have them, so we know can survive if something happens to them.

Hmm Monster Slayer of Caliban still is overpriced. tongue.png unless they gave it AP2.

As for the standards, the edition before the still current also didn't have them, so we know can survive if something happens to them.

They better throw in some compensation, because Command Squads will be a thing of the past in favour of their Elite/FA versions.

Hmm Monster Slayer of Caliban still is overpriced. :P unless they gave it AP2.

It may also be a constant +1 or constant instant death.

For instance the Dark Eldar Huskblade is S-/AP3 (10 points cheaper than old one when it became S3 from S2) and 15 points cheaper than this new costed Monster Slayer. Then again it is being swung by a S3 Archon.

Wow it's as I'd hoped - Lion's Blade strike force fires overwatch at normal BS :woot:. Not so useful v non-assaulty armies, but still, not too shabby either.

@ CL I very much doubt Deathwing will get Grim Resolve as they will retain Fearless.

Cheers

I

Archived