Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

My guess is no. The unit's entry will have all the available weapon options/upgrades for that unit. The Terminator Weapons list will be available to only those units that give them access to it.

And that's usually termy-armoured ICs.

The mechanics are as the current Codex.

Wow it's as I'd hoped - Lion's Blade strike force fires overwatch at normal BS :woot:. Not so useful v non-assaulty armies, but still, not too shabby either.

@ CL I very much doubt Deathwing will get Grim Resolve as they will retain Fearless.

Cheers

I

Belial has Grim resolve so it's a decent shout that the other DW will

So can Librarians still take bikes?

Because I'm thinking of having a Libby hop on a bike, make a B-Line right into the enemy formation and immediately drop a permanent nerf on the enemy's best unit.

Trolololol

Wow it's as I'd hoped - Lion's Blade strike force fires overwatch at normal BS :woot:. Not so useful v non-assaulty armies, but still, not too shabby either.

@ CL I very much doubt Deathwing will get Grim Resolve as they will retain Fearless.

Cheers

I

Belial has Grim resolve so it's a decent shout that the other DW will

Hmmm yes interesting.

Cheers

I

Because I'm thinking of having a Libby hop on a bike, make a B-Line right into the enemy formation and immediately drop a permanent nerf on the enemy's best unit.

Trolololol

Looking at these rules, we really are the "Troll Angels" of the Imperium.

Trolololol

Looking at these rules, we really are the "Troll Angels" of the Imperium.

We are the Sicilian Marines.

"That's a nice Wraithknight. Shame if anything happened to it."

Deathwing redemption force special rule:

Summon the deathwing: all units in your army gain a free teleport homer!!

Sacred standard:

Relentless, fc, fearless

Reroll morale and pinning checks

(So no more fnp bubble and devestation dakka nonsense)

Ravenwing and deathwing banners are unchanged

Warlord traits:

Same as before though the order has been jazzed up a bit, turbo/run trait bonus now also applies to charging

Dark talon: rift cannon s10 ap2, on doubles on the scatter it causes a vortex

Bomb removes models from play if they fail a leadership check, in addition to old rules

Nephilim: black swords now s7 ap3 and have missle lock

Avenger hasn't changed

Ravenwing strike force rule:

All bikes (and jet bikes) reroll their jinkerinos save (jink), if you use the strike force detachment you don't need to make reserve rolls

Land speeder vengeance: 36" baybeh

Dark shroud: units that charge from beneath her bubble are immune to over watch, icon of caliban grants stealth + fearless, still grants shrouded.

Deathwing command squad:

Now has a sgt as a free upgrade

Champion has new special rule: glory in death

Sammael in sableclaw is now a chariot, he can cc while onboard and preform a drive by vector strike of sorts

Spells:

Primarus: mind wurm

Seeds (see previous leaks)

Rage blessing

Blast attack wounds on 4+ always

2d6+2-leadership wounds

Furious charge

Auto fear for a full two turns of play

Nephilim is tad disapointing I was hoping s7 ap4 Avenger, but re-roll s7 missiles are good enough... but Dark Talon... ouch, wow... never see anything like comming. I am still sprinkling salt though...

more:

deathwing knights:

smite mode is now smash attacks at s10 ap1 and can be used unlimited numbers of times

normal attacks now ap3 from ap2

deathwing vehicle: unchanged

rad grenades: no longer -1t, instead does two wounds on a result of a 6 to wound

deathwing assault: deepstrike automatically on a turn from 2-4, this includes dreadnoughts in pods (deathwing vehicle mandatory)

ravenwing strike force double core detachment bonus: for t1 no penalty for jinking 

Ezekiel +1A instead of +1 ws

champion blade for rwcs and ccs no longer unweildly

monster slays now base s+2 ap1, two handed

azreals helmet bearer now works on a transport when embarked, beyond that no changes to exisitng special rules for him (beyond no longer making x troops)

sammael now fires all his guns on corvex at once (pc and storm bolters)

correction to above:

dark talon forces an initiative test, if failed removed from play (not ld)

banners are counter attack and relentless

more:

deathwing knights:

smite mode is now smash attacks at s10 ap1 and can be used unlimited numbers of times

normal attacks now ap3 from ap2

Not really, standard attacks are relic blade profile, smite is 1 attack powerfist (no unwieldy) at initiative unlimited use.

Leaked image of DWCS lists it as 200 points which partially confirms a fear i had which is that our DWT points would drop RELATIVE to SM rather than in line to their cost.

So while they, DID go down, we may still be potentially paying more than our SM brothers, which means that they value our "chapter tactics" more than them. I cant wait a week!!!

Archived