Dark Angels 2015 : Worries and Wishlist

DeadZone

The issue with DWKS is threefold. Cost, AP4, and the fact that unless you run them from a landraider, they are most likely going to swing at I1 because they are charging into difficult terrain.

I just want to say that I'm very pleased this thread exists. Now I can ignore all the grumbling and wishlisting in one place. :tu:

Carry on and have fun.

So after looking through all the C:AA/SM leaked images a few things:

Dreadnoughts now form a unit, which is neat for providing sturdy long ranged firepower that's a little less flimsy than landspeeders.  Venerable Dreadnoughts have the Deathwing Vehicle rule.  Blah.  Hopefully our DWV special rule won't stink.

Vanguard and Sternguard are still pretty good in the book.  Here's to hoping that our Co Vets get some sort of blend between the two.

If our DWTs aren't 175, I don't know what I'll do.  Silently sulk (aka rage on the forums) or just melt all my DW down and mail it to GW.  DWKs on the other hand? who knows what will happen to them.

Any bike squad is considered troops so long as the Warlord is on a Bike.  Hopefully we get this rule for us and Sammael gets an adjustment.

Landspeeders see a 5 point decrease.  That's a nice little tweak

Whirlwind Units/Formation -- One of our biggest issues is our lack of ability to deal with cover.  In the great Whirlwind vs Thunderfire cannon debate, the TFC always won out due to it's shot count and barrage capabilities, while a Whirlwind unit will be more expensive, this is a nice change.  I hope we see this formation as well as this would make the whirlwind an acceptable unit to take in a list.

Librarius Conclave - This has me pretty ticked off.  I paid for this a few months ago, and while it's a very small amount of money, it erodes my faith in GW as a company I like to purchase from.  Can I overlook it? Yeah I guess.  It just screams of lazy writing from GWs part.  The interesting thing about this is that Vanilla Librarians now have Divination, but also are 25pts for an extra warp charge.  So here's to hoping that we get Biomancy and come in line with the 25pt warp charge.

Warlords, Warlord Traits & Special Rules - Any of these looks familiar?  Azrael's Rites of War is one of their traits.  This undermines a little of what Azrael does -- hoping that he'll be made to be a little more unique.  Khan also gained our "The Hunt" as a permanent special rule in addition to their warlord trait.  Looking at similarly costed models to Belial, I'm hoping for some buffs to him.  Vulkan, Pedro, and Helbrecht all provide some solid support buffs to their army while also bringing a reasonable amount of CC punch (literally) for their cost.

Scouts! Big buffs to them, hoping their cost went down.  I remember when Luci was running his contest to try and use units in our codex that were seldom used and I remember using scouts.  The +1 to their BS will help immensely if that's the case and I may start using them again to infiltrate and hold positions.  A 4x Sniper + 1ML in theory is a great backfield objective holder, but that old BS would really be felt.

All in all it's really hard to find any nerfs in the C:SM book, and that presumably should be a good thing for us.  Nothing that I can see increased in cost, which means that I'm hoping we are brought in line with all of them.  Stay with me on this next example.  I'm not sure what any of you are familiar negotiations and job markets, but there's sort of a philosophy that you should always negotiate your first starting salary in your first job because it sets the pace of your salary for all future jobs.  Let's say there's a job with a starting salary of $50K USD, you don't negotiate because you're ok with that number.  Your friend on the other hand is being offered the same job (2 openings so you don't have to fight), but negotiates to get a 10% increase of that bringing it to $55K.  Now every year when you get a raise, you're getting a standard 2.5% increase.  But you'll always be 5% behind your friend who opted to negotiate at the start, becuase no employer would give you a 5% raise unless it truly warranted outstanding performance, or if you get promoted your salary will still be based off of your original base.  I'd equate this to our Terminators.  C:SM is seeing a 25 point decrease, but if they bring us to the same cost, that would be a 45 point decrease.  That is a huge decrease compared to the original cost.  Hopefully GW recognizes they have been overcosted since the beginning and brings them in line.

Again cost has always been my biggest issue.  When it comes to the economics of making a list, if your army costs even 1 point more per model, an army of 50 models has 50 points LESS to work with when it comes to wargear.  That could be 5 combis/meltas, 3 plasma (or Grav, Emperor willing), an extra squad member, a storm shield, so on and so forth.  If the cost of terminators holds true in our codex, a 5 man DWT with a CML would still allow 20 points leftover for something else.  If you ran 2 squads in 6E, you now have 40 more points to work with.  That's a drop pod or rhino for a tac squad, an extra mastery level for your librarian.  Anyway I'm still holding my breath.  GW can be pretty boneheaded.  Do I think we'll be better than C:SM? With all the access to Grav, and centurions getting cheaper -- I don't think so.

But cost is heading in the right direction, and it behooves GW to cost models appropriately, because if I have more points leftover in my lists, I need to get more models to fill the space.

Well the back page of WD has been leaked in German and it does not show any specific hints at a new codex...  But I guess it is notable that the cover of WD 73 features Dark Angels v Crimson Slaughter...  (or generic khorne...)

So still no proof of a new codex or even the Chaplain...

Linky:

http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2015/06/precios-de-los-pre-pedidosfiltrados-y.html?spref=fb

...yet very much like Chaos the DA too are threading on very thin ice when comes to codex updates. 

I say this because the DA have a special place in my heart as my favorite loyalist faction and imperial faction in general and I have been so many times on the line between ordering several Deathwing kits only to be remembered how cruel is GW...

Well the back page of WD has been leaked in German and it does not show any specific hints at a new codex...  But I guess it is notable that the cover of WD 73 features Dark Angels v Crimson Slaughter...  (or generic khorne...)

Linky:

http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2015/06/precios-de-los-pre-pedidosfiltrados-y.html?spref=fb

I don't understand, Codex I'll give you since those are still rumors, but the Chaplain? we've seen the photos.  The only reason we haven't seen a confirmed "release" of it is because it comes from Visions which I don't think is out until this weekend or next (I forget when it releases).

Linky:

I don't understand, Codex I'll give you since those are still rumors, but the Chaplain? we've seen the photos.  The only reason we haven't seen a confirmed "release" of it is because it comes from Visions which I don't think is out until this weekend or next (I forget when it releases).

The photo of plastic Daemon Prince leaked 2 years before the release.

Linky:

The photo of plastic Daemon Prince leaked 2 years before the release.

Fair and while that may be true, we're under an entirely different regime of GW.

http://i.imgur.com/nDRYRNo.jpg

That says Warhammer Visions right on it, which means that it's from a printed copy.  My guess is the July edition, which would fall in line with July release.  Remember there's no major fanfare or new kits with us, it's just going to be a codex as the rumors says.

Guys look at the GW store for Dark angels, looks like they add all the space marines stuff so its not just DA models, hhhhhhmmmmmm no stormraven so darn

as long as the Neph gets a power up, we don't need it.  i'm hoping for the same missile options as the Storm Talon, stuff the Blackswords.

My main fear now is that after some very good codices (necron, eldar, mechanicus, harlequins, khorne) we will get AGAIN the shortest straw...

My hope is that in these two weeks of releases before Age of Sigmar we will get something more than just the beautiful chaplain... A new veterans in robes box maybe with command squad/honour guard dual kit will be welcome IMHO...

My main fear now is that after some very good codices (necron, eldar, mechanicus, harlequins, khorne) we will get AGAIN the shortest straw...

My hope is that in these two weeks of releases before Age of Sigmar we will get something more than just the beautiful chaplain... A new veterans in robes box maybe with command squad/honour guard dual kit will be welcome IMHO...

Shortest Straw

Challenge Liberty

Downed by Law

Sorry, couldn't help it :D

But try to see it this way. 6ed books that got updated dis not receive any major changes apart from rebalancing, point costs and possibly a tiny few extras. If that trend follow, what we should get is point adjustments and maybe a few rule adjustments and that is pretty much it.

Archived