Dark Angels 2015 : Worries and Wishlist

DeadZone

That will be fine if they make the things that dont sell playable.  With no rule updates then they will stay on the shelf because they are premium products that dont work...  Like Jaguar automobiles.

To be fair the rumors are out there that there are some rule improvements for the planes.

Here here. Nephilims are one of the better flyer models GW has put out, and them gaining an actual point to their existence would be quite pleasant.

We have a copy of the SM codex and some of the new points for stuff is quite an eye opener

For a start a Land speeder is base 45 as is the AB & only 5 for the extra HB on the speeder, so 17% drop

As a Heavy speeder user the buffs are most welcome, if you look at the Bike costs though there are bigger savings if the take us down to SM costs with a near 20% drop

Terminators 40 point spread 17/18% cheaper

Librarian your on only 25 for an upgrade so another saving

Anyway applying say an overall 17% decrease in points gives you an extra 300 points in a 1750 list!

Will they give us Scout & tele-port homers for free? You'd have thought we'd get something given the SM lot are essentially getting doctrines for free on top of their points discount!

For the SM dex, Dreads got a nice buff in going to 4A, and the Plasma Cannon, Assault Cannon, and Lascannon all got cheaper.  I'd like to see the Mortis Dread in the main codex, particularly since it looks like we won't get the Stalker.

I'd like to see all Plasma weapons Mastercrafted.  That would help keep the LS Vengeance from blowing itself up.  It could also use an armor buff.  If Sammy can get an AV14 Speeder, then the LSV should be AV12 at least.  The fliers have already been covered earlier in the thread.

I think all Chapter Masters deserve an Honor Guard. 

I'd love to see a Deathwing Heavy Weapons Squad to balance the lack of Centurions.

The standards should be army wide and not a bubble.  There are just too many ways to snipe non-character models out of a unit. 

Other than point cost drops for DW and RW squads, that's about it.  I don't expect to get more than one of these though.

I think all Chapter Masters deserve an Honor Guard. 

I'd love to see a Deathwing Heavy Weapons Squad to balance the lack of Centurions.

The standards should be army wide and not a bubble.  

The greenwing Command Squad isn't too far off from what an Honor Guard is, so I'm not sure we'll see much change to that unit.

I would be quite happy with a squad of DW Terminators all with heavy weapons instead of Centurions - especially since Deathwing Assault gives us the benefit of twin-linked on arrival.

I'd love the standards to be army-wide, but that would probably be seen as kind of broken.  To give a whole army FNP or Salvo would likely be well beyond the current costs of a banner.

I would like to become absorbed as a supplement for the Marine codex. Yes, I'll happily sacrifice individuality for shiny up to date toys.

Why one faction would have more than one codex in the first place...

HERESY!

*activates Crozius

I would like to become absorbed as a supplement for the Marine codex. Yes, I'll happily sacrifice individuality for shiny up to date toys.

But you can already can do that : you just have to buy your codex : SM and play your minis with vanilla marines rules and entries...

HERESY!

*activates Crozius

Sorry Chaplain, sir, I... I didn't see you there. Um... Oh dear.

But you can already can do that : you just have to buy your codex : SM and play your minis with vanilla marines rules and entries...
I'm sure we've all tried that. And I'm sure everyone experienced the same sour taste in their mouths doing so.

Besides, A supplement means we'd get Black Knights and Deathwing Knights, etc. and we'd no longer feel like lab rats.

So what are the expectations, hopes and fears?

Expectations: Better than the last codex, but not on par with Necrons, Eldar, or SM.

Hopes:  That it's fun to play.  Deathwing as the anvil and Ravenwing as the hammer, and Greenwing good enough to hang with the other Space Marine chapters.  That I can finally give my Apothecary a firearm. (seriosly GW, what was that about?)

Fears:  Grav is the only new thing we get.  Points are still too high for no reason.  DA are missing options that SM get for the same units for no good reason.  Ravenwing formation requires 3 Nephilims or Dark Talons and 3 LSVs.  Chapter wide rules are a negative instead of a plus (again).  Azrael and RBK get nerfed.  LSV stays the same.  PFGs are gone.  Relics are still crap.  Interromancy does nothing but mess with morale making it useless against fearless or ATSKNF units.  I could go on.  I can think of a lot of ways GW could screw this up, and I've only been playing a few years.

Based on the recent trends this is what I predict :

-Bikers and Terminators dropped in price significantly, keep all the unique rules

-Grav Weapons that will boost the army and give drop pod DA a new focus

-Azrael a Lord of War, Eternal Warrior, Ap2 Sword at initiative, price increase

-Ezikiel will have a price reduction and some sort of psychic buff

-Veterans will be reduced in points, likely given the same options as either Sternguard or Command Squad

-Obv Vehicle Squadrons with similar rule buffs

-Flyers dropped in price, weapon profiles for unique guns and missiles changed

Judging from the lack of a Mortis upgrade sprue or Mortis Dread on the NZ site, I do not think we will see one in the codex. sad.png

Seems our only new model is the Interrogator chaplain (and the upgrade sprue, if you count that in).

Was hoping for we get a dreadbox with mortis and some character option like wolf brothers.

As BA got 8 unique characters and wolf brothers has 10 (with models ofcourse), I believe we can have more than 5.

It's not all over yet. There have been a series of new releases in the recent past! Although, there have not been any other sneak peeks. Here's to hoping...

It's not a Forgeworld Model, it's a Forgeworld unit. It looks identical to a Rifleman Dread in one configuration already. So putting it in the codex proper only requires adding one special rule. It would be nice to be able to take them in a squad.

Judging from the lack of a Mortis upgrade sprue or Mortis Dread on the NZ site, I do not think we will see one in the codex. sad.png

Seems our only new model is the Interrogator chaplain (and the upgrade sprue, if you count that in).

Was hoping for we get a dreadbox with mortis and some character option like wolf brothers.

As BA got 8 unique characters and wolf brothers has 10 (with models ofcourse), I believe we can have more than 5.

I almost want to agree with you on more unique characters but my fear is GW will just give us 2-3 slop characters that are worse than the ones now.

Archived