== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Do they still have bolt pistols?

Also, as an Iron Warrior player my heavy support slots are pretty full - are simple support squads with Calivers viable? I really want a Culverin Heavy Support Squad but I really want my Ordnance more ;)

I'd say do it up... I've been toying with the idea of a Volkite Charger Squad for a while now, to go along with my Caliver and Culverin Squads. Although honestly, I think the Charger's real place is in the hands of Terminators, who don't care as much about the limited range due to their superior armour.

Oh my gods, oh my gods, oh my CHOOM-GODS!!!

Yes, plastic choom!

Anybody got a guess what those babies will go for apiece on bitz-sites and ebay?

Same price as the BaC stuff/equivalents?

With only 1 Choom per sprue I fear these may cost more in the secondary market than saffron per ounce... fw may actually be cheaper on this one!

Anything more than £1.30 per choom and fw wins

Edited by 01RTB01

My attempts to convert my metal, Hotshot-toting Kasrkin into Volkite armed Apostles of choom, have failed...

I just can't get the muzzles to look right. I also cannot swap the weapons...

Is custom pattern choom accetable?:sweat: Otherwise I have no choom to submit...

Edited by Ulrik_Ironfist

Have you thought about press-moulding the muzzle of, say, a Serpenta and making the rest of the guns fit that?

Edit - Typo.

Edited by Olis

Have you thought about press-moulding the muzzle of, say, a Serpenta and making the rest of the guns fit that?

Edit - Typo.

The problem I have is that I have no volkite anything to work from as base at the moment, I've been working off pictures. That an my lack of skill is what has led to my failure.

Perhaps I should wait until I have some volkites of varying types before I try again.

Quick question for my Volkite wielding brethren here: I'm not entirely accustomed to working with resin right yet and am wondering if the usual hot water trick will work for bending the cables of the Telerac pattern culverins.

I haven't had experience with the Telerac cables, so it'd be irresponsible of me to recommend doing it. So, let's explore options. The only other method I can recall at this late hour is using a hairdryer. Would that be useful to you?

I have come up with a new idea:

Using these from anvil industries as starting refence, and then trying to polish the design with this pic:

Hidden Content

http://media.indiedb.com/images/downloads/1/92/91079/volkite_serpenta_preview.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/vWIAAOSwv0tU8cbr/$_1.JPG

I might have more success. If not I'll just have to get a Tech Priest dominus to add to my Enginseer Auxilia...

Quick question for my Volkite wielding brethren here: I'm not entirely accustomed to working with resin right yet and am wondering if the usual hot water trick will work for bending the cables of the Telerac pattern culverins.

Hot water all the time! It is the safest way. Hair dryers can be too powerful or not powerful enough. (have not used one)

I use water boiler, tea mug and milk glass. (tweezers are handy to have too so you wont burn your fingers)

Boil water

put hot water into mug

resin piece in for about 10-20 seconds

bend

resin into the glass full of cold water

keep in cold water for about 20 seconds

If the result is not what you wanted repeat until satisfied! :D

(if it takes lot of time you might want to boil your water again)

edit: Or, follow helterskelters tutorial! ;)

Edited by Finnish Hammer

There's a tutorial I did a few pages back detailing the hot water method with Telerac culverin

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308805-martian-death-ray-club/?p=4411971

That helps immensely. I was hoping that trick would work with resin. Thank you for posting that tutorial!

The technique I use... which I'm sure many won't agree with... is warming the cables up under the flame of a lighter. It'll heat the resin up enough to bend.

From what I've understood, this is a baaad idea! Not only is the resin supposed to be flammable, so you run the risk of making your money (semi-)litterally go up in smoke, that smoke is supposed to be noxious (worse then spray cans) - taking such a risk (of damaging the model and damaging your lungs) is really not worth it when you can use hot water.

Pfffffffffffft.... I smoke a pack a day, you think resin smoke is going to bother me?

You don't literally set it on fire, but the heat from the flame loosens it up a bit. Never had it catch on fire, but then again I don't really need to bend resin enough for it to be an issue.

Pfffffffffffft.... I smoke a pack a day, you think resin smoke is going to bother me?

But the smoke can be rapidly noxious (if not deadly) - tobacco smoke may kill in 10, 20, 50 years, but there are other things that can kill in a matter of minutes if you're not careful.