== Martian Death Ray Club ==

I like the idea of a FB Group, brings a wider audience in.

As a Mechanicum owner/operator, I would love more choom for them.

For a titan weapon...... :biggrin.:  ....would love it.  Warhound maybe? 

Volkite **********

Range 195"  (since choom likes to be ending in a 5 for some reason)
Str 10
AP1

1 Large Blast
World Burner (may target the ground)
Deflagrate (add-on that it leaves behind a dangerous terrain patch?

Volkite **********
Range 65"

Str 10
AP3
10 Small Blast
Deflagrate

Where's that quote from?

Master of Mankind :smile.:

<3 Aaron!

Did we really invent the sound and A D-B picked it up?

All over 'VOIP!' in the context of Hudson in Aliens:

'Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. VOIP! Fry half a city with this puppy.'

We never heard it fire it could have went choom

I need to put choom into my next Heresy novel. 

I had freem in the Night Lords Series, so it's only fair.

If we are to encourage the growth of volkite beyond its existing capacity I think we need brave souls to build as well as design some of our ideas and get them into the wider world

Taking this on board I'm starting a Solar Auxilla army soon. What super heavy would be suited to maximum choomage from their selection.

I'm leaning towards Stormhammer maybe? Preferably one of the baneblade chassis ones anyway.

You guys tell me which one and I'll build it with every weapon swapped to a volkite of some form. Even if I have to scratch build them.

.......This is my choom stick............

There are many like it, but this one is mine. ;)

Who else wants somebody to have a go at Land's Raider from Master of Mankind?

I demand satisfaction :tongue.:

Wait, you want a pistol duel:huh.:

Doesn't the challenged get choice of weapons?

.......This is my choom stick............

There are many like it, but this one is mine. ;)

Who else wants somebody to have a go at Land's Raider from Master of Mankind?

I demand satisfaction :tongue.:

Wait, you want a pistol duel? :huh.:

Doesn't the challenged get choice of weapons?
Glaives at noon?

Or Serpentas at dusk?

A few ideas

Sicaran Vena-choom

Mounted with Volkite Chieorovile

Special Rule: gets hot, obviously.

As an upgrade for the Mechanicum Ulator:

Volkite Furnace Heart Cannon

Range: 60 inches  S10 AP1, beam, Ignore Cover, Deflagrate, Molten fury, Ultimate Choom!

Molten Fury:

Any model a hull point as a result of this weapon loses another hull point on a 4+.

Ultimate Choom! Pick a direction. The cannon fires in a strait line and hits all models up to the maximum of 60 inches and leave a marker at the end of the line. Models moving through the line created by the tip of the weapon and the marker suffer a hit from this weapon. At the begining of the following turn, the Ulator may pivot on the spot 15 degrees instead of it's normal movement. All models inbetween the previous location of the marker and the new location are hit. For each consecutive  in this firing mode, roll a D6. If you roll the amount of turns using this firing mode or less, the weapon overheats and does not fire this turn. Suffer D3 hull points of damage. 

How about a vertical death ray with the three 'overcharge' rings coming off at the base, sort of like:

Martian Death Ray Club

||      
         ||      
         ||    
       = || =         
     = = || = =        
   = = = || = = =
CHOOOOM!

EDIT: Cheers Quixus!

Just want to note that I am currently working on there logo with Olis but I don't want to post anything until I get his go ahead.  The idea of using the volkite discharge as part of the logo really inspired me, although I did come at it from a different direction, hopefully you'll approve!  After Olis looks at it today and I make any adjustments he would like, I'll get it posted up here to be shown as well.

Thanks for the kick in the creative pants Forward Assist, you put in the perfect state of mind to knock this out. =)

I have a choom related army list question, does it ever make sense for a Salamander character to have a serpenta?

Also I should have both terminator and power armour volkite squads painted within the near future.

Edited by Black Cohort

I have a hook related army list question, does it ever make sense for a Salamander character to have a serpenta?

Well fluff-wise the technical and artificer abilities of the Salamanders mean they'd be better qualified to keep their supplies of notoriously difficult to maintain Volkite weaponry in tip-top shape. Plus it's a heat-based weapon (right?) so they'd likely favour it over bolt weaponry.

Edited by Fenbain

I have a hook related army list question, does it ever make sense for a Salamander character to have a serpenta?

Well fluff-wise the technical and artificer abilities of the Salamanders mean they'd be better qualified to keep their supplies of notoriously difficult to maintain Volkite weaponry in tip-top shape. Plus it's a heat-based weapon (right?) so they'd likely favour it over bolt weaponry.

All that makes sense, but was asking more on the gameplay side, is it ever worth spending the points for a serpenta?