Thomas' Word Bearers

Hey y'all! Thought I'd start a little project log for the Horus Heresy army I'm currently working on. Settled on the Word Bearers after becoming fascinated with the tragic story of these instigators of the Horus Heresy, these fallen sons that nobody really understood or had patience for. I loved that these guys, spurned by their Emperor and their brothers, went looking for a deeper truth about the world and found that the only universal truth is madness, entropy, death and the desperate scrabble for pleasure that precedes it. In a word: Chaos. That tragedy and the dark truths that they gave themselves to made the Word Bearers an obvious choice for me. 

I'll mostly be using plastic Chaos models with HQs and unique choices (such as Gal Vorbak) being Forgeworld models.I'm theming it around the very late heresy, right at the siege of Terra. My Word Bearers are not the proud Legion of Astartes they once were, even at their fall; they are utterly given over to Chaos, vessels of pure corruption, bent with unshakeable purpose towards the spread of the Truth and the destruction of the Imperium. I wanted the models to be suitably spiky to reflect this :P

With further ado, pics!

11143225_367725923426665_497371466665752High Chaplain Erebus, Arch-Corrupter and Instigator of the Horus Heresy

11417775_378387829027141_196990442958408

Dagan G'aahl, Praetor of the XVII Legion, 

11357306_373332209532703_686151682306828Gal Vorbak, Blessed Son of the Serrated Sun Chapter

11334138_370085723190685_898910768861580Marduk Dar'gon, Mhara Gal, Venerated Brother of the Serrated Sun

11417771_378387882360469_687250312168614Group shot of the completed stuff so far!

:jaw: Looking great. My only nitpick is that I would have preferred blue flames and plasma coils, but that is just a matter of taste.

Is this an issue with the perspective or is Erebus in PA really that much taller than the Praetor in TDA?

The Praetor is very striding, compared to Erebus who stands quite tall on some of the rubble. The perspective doesnt help, but I've got those 2 + Kor Phaeron standing beside eachother, and the scale doesnt look wrong its just the stride each has, or doesnt have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey folks, sorry for the lack of updates, IRL stuff keeps getting in the way of hobbying, y'all know how it is. Anyway, for your delectation, I present to you a kitbashed Gal Vorbak I made to bulk up the squad and add a power weapon into the mix! I made him from an Aspiring Champion and some Possessed bits and I think he fits in surprisingly well! 

Kitbashed Gal Vorbak

Kitbashed Gal Vorbak

Thanks for all your comments! :D

• 3 months later...

Looking cool bro! Love the Bearers and if I weren't doing a 40K army of them I'd probably pick them over SoH for my 30K money pit..um I mean army. I just can never tell what color their armor is supposed to be. Did they all turn red when they went full on chaos in 30K or what? The Lorgar model is painted in grey.

Anyway can't wait to see your regular troops.

Archived