Azrael!..he just doesn't cut it! (quite pic heavy)

Hm74

I'm really impressed with your vision and dedication to this project.  AS has been said before, you have sold yourself short re: your skills - this is a very impressive piece of work for someone of your experience!  You have got no reason to be 'hacked off' with yourself!

The green is exactly like the DAs should be (for me) - non of this moot green / warpstone psychedelic glow or whatever it is called highlighting!  I love the bronze on the weapons and the conversion work is sublime.  

Only 3 things for me:

1) The greenstuff coils you have added don't look as neat as everything else on the model

2) The plasma part of the combi-bolter needs something....maybe some highlighting / contrasting colour....just something but I can't put my finger on it!

3) I'd put an OSL style glow around the eye lenses...I think this would add some drama to the mini!

Feel free to ignore me though - this is a fantastic piece of work!

Thanks Marvmoogy.

Totally agree with your comments regarding his combi weapon and i have this booked for rectification first thing Saturday morning ;)

OCL glow around the eyes i'm a little uneasy about...i'm not confident enough to go back in to attempts this (yet)

Very nice conversion, although i feel he could do with a little more highlighting and something small under his left foot to level him off and stop the slight lean forward. Maybe a piece of slate from the basing kit or something?

The head looking in the direction of the blade looks great, and its a great mini

Thanks for the comments Cyrox,i have highlighted but very minimally as i'm not a fan of the over the top warpstoneglow highlights. you can just about make out the highlights on the top of his knees, belt buckle and helmet...to be honest the Ipad camera isn't the best and doesn't pick it up very well. I like the suggestion of altering his tilt angle and did actually have the miniature with his leading foot on top of the last ledge but it didnt sit quite right. I went with the final pose as i feel the tilt gives the suggestion of him walking up the stone steps (which you cant see in those pics..ha)

Archived