Sigmar counts as Sanguinary Guard?!

LutherMax

They're probably a little too big, but the Storm cast make for some great "Daemons" for us.

I know Knife and Fork uses Libby Dreads with summoning, well, these guys look like they could be what a deluded but fallen chapter might see the Daemons as - golden glowing warriors of Sanguinius!

Sorry for double post but also, that skull headed banner bearer? Coolest model i'vr seen in a while. Winged jump pack on him and he's my Astorath biggrin.png

Yes, it's a weird turn for GW, having the priests of the Emperor's divinity with skull-heads!

I'm surprised they didn't paint him black!

The foot-slogging guys with shields could make excellent sanguinary terminators or something smile.png just need some purity seals, some tubes and lenses and different heraldry on the shields!

Yeah, they would look pretty cool, but I think it would be best to take the ones with great hammers, and replace them with glaives encarmine and probably a twin-linked angelus bolter : these would fit more with the Sanguinary guard feel than the shields I think.

However, as DeathWing Knights...

Liberator models and Terminator Heads sounds like a more fascinating Terminator Squad than the BA Terminator Box..

Normal terminator heads? Noooo! Boo hiss!

Mk2 heads or hooded if anything. Maybe even SG death masks :O

hooded 

This! That'll look awesome! I've been thinking of turning a few in Sanguinary Guard terminators (you know the rumoured ones ;)) not in the fluff at all, but still cool :P

They're much too soft, flailing around and flat for my liking, I won't be touching these for my BA until I see a multipart kit, and even then I doubt it. They're like the difference between archaic and Hellenic greek sculpture, but with less stuff to recommend it

See, I might get the ones with wings, JUST for the wings to put on normal dudes with Artificer armor, or to make a captain or special character. Nothing else about these miniatures interests me

hooded

This! That'll look awesome! I've been thinking of turning a few in Sanguinary Guard terminators (you know the rumoured ones msn-wink.gif) not in the fluff at all, but still cool tongue.png

Leviathus, there's always this ;)

I may have used this for inspiration myself...

Liberator models and Terminator Heads sounds like a more fascinating Terminator Squad than the BA Terminator Box..

Normal terminator heads? Noooo! Boo hiss!

Mk2 heads or hooded if anything. Maybe even SG death masks ohmy.png

Bulldog helmets or bust. That's what makes Terminators for me. Anything else is Boo Boo.

Lord Celestant sprue:

gallery_62972_10948_34452.jpg

Anything we can do with this?

They're probably a little too big, but the Storm cast make for some great "Daemons" for us.

I know Knife and Fork uses Libby Dreads with summoning, well, these guys look like they could be what a deluded but fallen chapter might see the Daemons as - golden glowing warriors of Sanguinius!

ohmy.png That could work well, either painted in gold or ethereal colours.

Obviously I've been painting Sanguinary Guard at the wrong time as I'm daydreaming a lot about how to use Stormcast Eternals these days... and yes, I picked up the White Dwarf with the freebie... ermm.gif

Freebie? Oh man, what did I miss!

Also, I think this range of models is basically ensuring I call my Chapter the Blood Hammers or something similar. Hammers are the best and these models are basically perfect for how I've been invisioning my boys in black and red.

Plasma pistol instead of the hammer? Could work...

Charlo, the White Dwarf before last had a free model (first time in what, fifteen years?). Typically it sold out but you might find one at an Independent store.

Freebie? Oh man, what did I miss!

Also, I think this range of models is basically ensuring I call my Chapter the Blood Hammers or something similar. Hammers are the best and these models are basically perfect for how I've been invisioning my boys in black and red.

That's all well and good but bear in mind if a man is 6 foot, and a space marine is 7 foot then these guys are closer to 10 foot...

Archived