Sigmar counts as Sanguinary Guard?!

LutherMax

Eh, I actually like the regular Sanguinary guard models better. These would be great for representing Custodes or true-scale Minotaurs or something. I guess you could build a Deathwing formation and use these as "Sanguinary terminators" as someone mentioned above. I think they will look really strange next to the rest of the Space Marines range, though.

Last freebie I got was in another fantasy launch with a little dwarf and goblin, actually found them the other day.

Had a good laugh at how for £80 you got a collectors edition with starter set of over 100 models, hardback rulebook, special shoulder bag and other stuff

That's just a book now, barely!

On topic though, may well pick up the box of liberators, or the flying ones when they are out :)

I looked and held the miniatures today for a long time, trying to imagine conversion opportunities. Maybe the unit kits will be better. The snap fits in the starter box are a definite no. Great quality plastic, so-so aesthetic.

I've said it a million times but that model towering over marines in similar colors, just looks like the second or eleventh primarch to me...

DUHN! DUHN! DUUUUUUUUUUHN!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Relictor sprue (that's the "Chaplain wannabe" from the AoS box)

gallery_62972_10948_257714.jpg

Can't afford this, so here's my idea for you budding modellers: yes the main part of the model can be a Chaplain (pole Crozius?) but the part that interests me is the banner. The link shows the front and the image above shows the join and how easy it would be to remove. Now, can you imagine this banner replacing the front plate on a Death Company Dreadnought?

Our Moderator ladies and gentleman biggrin.png

He really looks like a Primarch though... About the same size too

You're right, Morticon does look like our Primarch...

....No whistlingW.gif

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Sigmar%20Dread%20Plate_zps4rllljw9.jpg

Props to Lucumon for having a perfectly face on BA Dread, something the GW Site doesn't even have! Very quick and dirty bit of PS with no real sense of scale but you get the idea....

It's saying Epistolary Sarcophagus to me. The halo is almost the same as it stands. Set it into the torso a bit and get some wiring in there. I guess I'd have to see them together in person though.

Other than the fact that I'm not sure whether to like or to despise what's become of good ol' WHFB, I'm not exactly sure how these guys would fit into our consisting armies.

Their scale is very much off, all those weird scrolls flowing around them with the oversized rune-writing and the fact that they look too actually medieval for 40k is what will keep me from buying any of those for any of my armies. I mean plate armour, alright, cool and all that, but there's no tubing for cables, any lenses and/or blood drops, so converting them into Sang Guard will take heaps of time and effort, when you could've just bought an actual SangGuard kit.

On the other side, the Khorne stuff looks rather nice and fits well into the existing line of chaos warriors for each system with a bit of green stuffing.

Snorri

Archived