Sigmar counts as Sanguinary Guard?!

LutherMax

I always thought marines were pushing 9 feet three meters and all

Nope. They're a little over 7' tall, per Jes Goodwin's life-size sketch. Which equates to ~34-35mm at 28mm scale.

There's been a bit of a size-inflation going on. 

Around 8' is the current standard, depending on how bulky PA is that could add almost another feet.  

Did anyone try out the banner/dread conversion?

Dread sarcophagi are tiny but I could be overestimating the size of the sigmarites since I haven't seen them in real life yet.   

Around 8' is the current standard, depending on how bulky PA is that could add almost another feet.

When Jes Goodwin starts sculpting them 40mm tall, then they're 8'.

I'd say that there will always be a models vs fluff disconnect. The scales are wrong in game anyway, with things like Storm Ravens looking far too small etc.

Back on Topic though, the new kit with the crossbows has some interesting options, especially as they could be given a bolter or the like with a bit of work ;)

I'd say that there will always be a models vs fluff disconnect. The scales are wrong in game anyway, with things like Storm Ravens looking far too small etc.

Back on Topic though, the new kit with the crossbows has some interesting options, especially as they could be given a bolter or the like with a bit of work msn-wink.gif

Aren't they already called "bolters of storm" or something?

Where did that facepalm smiley go again?

Back on Topic though, the new kit with the crossbows has some interesting options, especially as they could be given a bolter or the like with a bit of work ;)

Heck even rhinos are to small to really fit ten marines...

When Jes Goodwin starts sculpting them 40mm tall, then they're 8'.

Theyre listed as 7 feet sans Power Armour in loads of sources.  8foot is a fair guess with armour.

Using the models to extrapolate size isn't the best idea in the world - as noted rhinos are tiny in comparison. 

I always thought marines were pushing 9 feet three meters and all

Nope. They're a little over 7' tall, per Jes Goodwin's life-size sketch. Which equates to ~34-35mm at 28mm scale.

The Jeff Goodwin sketch was supposed to be 8', they are just stupid at GW and started the scale at 1' by accident. The top of the Space Marine's head is at the 8' mark, the rest of the sketch is largely irrelevant.  They are probably 7' outside of armour.

IX Legion or nothing!

Pretty much the reason I haven't started heresy, need to know how we'll play first before u start something else and regret it!

Like Death Guard, or Fists, or Iron Warriors, or Raven Guard, or Iron Hands or Salamanders...

Is HH plastic confirmed?!

Well, there's this

IX Legion or nothing!

Pretty much the reason I haven't started heresy, need to know how we'll play first before u start something else and regret it!

Like Death Guard, or Fists, or Iron Warriors, or Raven Guard, or Iron Hands or Salamanders...

Yeah... how we play doesn't bother me in the slightest with regards to which Legion I get, but I guess everyone knew that already smile.png

The heightof a space marine was confirmed with the golden ticket giveaway thing earlier this yr. it's 7 feet, look at the promo image for the contest. :D they're 7 feet in armor.

That aside, I still think the Stormcast need Astartes shoulderpads and power plants otherwise they just look like Stormcast with the wrong helmets imo. I cobbled one together off of one of the starter guys. The unit box will be the way to go I think after doing this, it was a pain.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/7/26/731482_sm-.JPG

That's what I get for skimming over the topic tongue.png

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Sigmar%20Dread%20Plate_zpsd0atb6hd.jpg

But yes it looks incredible. Very BA too.

Isn't the dead guy supposed to be on the inside? :D

But great knock up, I'd rather see it as a banner on top of the dread!

Do you have that sketch?

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/340/7/b/jes_goodwin_is_legend_by_rumbles-d4iddxe.jpg

Hurray for weird scale. Anyway, 7' may sound impressive to British people 20 years ago, but the novels and even studio material has been painting marines in a much larger light. 7' in armor is actually pretty small considering how much crap they have to pack into their bodies.

• 4 weeks later...

So, the "Celestant-Prime" is out this week, and boy does he look like a sweet start for a Sanguinius/ Epic Dante conversion! He's only up on the NZ site at time of posting though.

Really unique set of wings!

The Lion chest plate would also feel at home on a certain 1st Legion Primarch.

The heightof a space marine was confirmed with the golden ticket giveaway thing earlier this yr. it's 7 feet, look at the promo image for the contest. biggrin.png they're 7 feet in armor.

That aside, I still think the Stormcast need Astartes shoulderpads and power plants otherwise they just look like Stormcast with the wrong helmets imo. I cobbled one together off of one of the starter guys. The unit box will be the way to go I think after doing this, it was a pain.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/7/26/731482_sm-.JPG

I just got some Prosecutors to convert into jump pack units. I originally thought Sanguinary Guard, but now I'm thinking due to the Prosecutors epicness (imo) I'm going to make a jump pack Librarian from one and maybe Dante from another.

After looking at the models in more detail, the problem I have with them isn't the shoulder pads. They are pretty bulky on the Prosecutors, so with the age of BA units it's fairly easy to make up fluff about the armour being heresy style. My issue is with the leather belt and buckle, leather tassels and the joinings between the armour (which look like fabric rather than metal). I think in this pic those parts are described as Umbilical Connectors and Armour-flex Sub-suit:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/7/72/HHPowerArmor.jpg

I've just got some liquid green stuff, so going to see if I can go over the leathery Prosecutor parts and model a more marine style.

Archived