Uverons Black Crusade - WIP LOG

That Khornate Knight is coming along swimmingly -- I really love how that Dirge Caster seems to have been grafted to the carapace fairly crudely! And using the throne as an alternate breastplate is genius! Almost makes me want to convert another Khornate Knight now :wink:

In other news, I also really like your converted beasts of Nurgle: Those blight drone heads work surprisingly well on those river troll bodies!

Thanks! I do need to add some shards of aromour around the Dirge Caster to make it appear that some of the carapace has been ripped open to get the cables in place. It was a battle-field 'upgrade'.  

And the Beasts yes, it took quite a bit of hacking and greenstuff to make the heads match but they work very well. They have worked so well that I plan to grab another box of trolls next time I get some drones to make a 3 more.   

Hmm, I wouldn't go overboard with the armour shars if I were you, though, because the effect could easily mess with the very cool simplicity of the conversion as is. You know what would be cool, though? To have those two cables that connect to the area right next to the top hatch actually emerge from beneath the top hatch, so the Dirge Caster is broadcasting the sounds of whatever it is that remains of the pilot within that cockpit...

Come to think of it, there is one thing about the model that doesn't work as well as the rest, and that's the Khornate icon you have used in place of a heraldic plate: It does seem just a tad too clunky for me, but maybe that's just a matter of personal taste. Personally speaking, I would go with one of the standard plates with a slightly smaller Khornate icon attached to it -- the trophy poles from the Skullreaper kit come with some awesome designs, for instance.

Hmm, I wouldn't go overboard with the armour shars if I were you, though, because the effect could easily mess with the very cool simplicity of the conversion as is. You know what would be cool, though? To have those two cables that connect to the area right next to the top hatch actually emerge from beneath the top hatch, so the Dirge Caster is broadcasting the sounds of whatever it is that remains of the pilot within that cockpit...

Come to think of it, there is one thing about the model that doesn't work as well as the rest, and that's the Khornate icon you have used in place of a heraldic plate: It does seem just a tad too clunky for me, but maybe that's just a matter of personal taste. Personally speaking, I would go with one of the standard plates with a slightly smaller Khornate icon attached to it -- the trophy poles from the Skullreaper kit come with some awesome designs, for instance.

I agree about the cables, I think if I add anything it will be over on that side.. I do feel the two cables need something more and having them appear to run into the cockpit would be fun. 

As for the Icon, I kinda agree it is slighty large, I think the main issue I have with it is that Iam less happy with its postioniong. I may try and break it off and place it a touch lower so it doesn't over-lap with the top of the carapace, and break up that silhouette.  

Well, I have been working hard this week to get my first vow for the ETL all wraped up, as for the next 4 to 6 weeks I will be working away from home (Yay for working, less yay for the away from home part), and I expect it will take me a few days to get painting going again.

Anyway, last night i managed to get the Plague Bearers finished.

gallery_63905_11231_1084314.jpg

And 5 of the Nurgling Bases

gallery_63905_11231_911336.jpg

ETL UPDATE!

===

I Uveron rose to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vowed to complete:

1 Herald of Nurgle, with the Doomsday Bell, The Locust of Fecundity, and level 2 Psyker (Shown by his outreached hand) (I was shooting to find some extra stuff for the base, but wasn’t able to come up with something that worked)

gallery_63905_11231_167188.jpg

A unit of 10 Plague Bearers of Nurgle, One upgraded to a Plague Ridden, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the Plague Banner.

gallery_63905_11231_1084314.jpg

A unit of 10 Plague Bearers of Nurgle, One upgraded to a Plague Ridden, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the Plague Banner.

gallery_63905_11231_380850.jpg

A unit 5 Nurglings Swarms

gallery_63905_11231_911336.jpg

A unit of 6 Nurgling Swarms

gallery_63905_11231_487271.jpg

A unit of 3 Beats of Nurgle (Converted with parts from Plague Drones and River tolls, they are the same size and on the same base as the normal model)

gallery_63905_11231_1145514.jpggallery_63905_11231_456150.jpg

All these units are from Chaos Daemons for a total value 721

This was completed on May 22nd , 2016. My Success has brought eternal glory to Grandfather Nurgle.

gallery_63905_11231_1626370.jpg

==

I Uveron once again rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Daemon Prince of Nurgle: With Demonic Flight, Warp-Forged Amour, Psyker (Level 3) Shown by the Books and the scrolls he carries on his belt. An exalted Reward (The Eternal Blade), and Grotti the Nurgling

gallery_63905_11231_109600.jpg

1 Herald of Nurgle, with the Death's Head of Duke Olaks, A Greater Reward (Balesword), The Locust of Fecundity, and level 2 Psyker (Shown by scrolls carried on his belt)

gallery_63905_11231_509826.jpg

A unit of 3 Plague Drones: One upgraded to a Plague Bringer, One with an Instrument of Chaos, one with a Plague Banner, the unit has Death’s Heads and Venom Stings

gallery_63905_11231_383716.jpggallery_63905_11231_682747.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_606445.jpg

A unit of 11 Plague Bearers of Nurgle, One upgraded to a Plague Ridden

gallery_63905_11231_104004.jpg

A unit of 10 Bloodletters of Khorne, One upgraded to a bloodreaper, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the banner of blood.

gallery_63905_11231_268877.jpg

A unit of 15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, One upgraded to a Iridescent Horror, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the Blasted Standard.

gallery_63905_11231_208433.jpg

All these units are from Chaos Daemons for a total value 1117

This will be completed on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Gods of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Well make some progress with my 2nd vow.

== 5/25/2016 ==

My 4 test horrors are.. Making progress.

gallery_63905_11231_528167.jpg

Edited by Uveron

Wow, your spawn conversions are amazing. I just checked the web store and couldn't find the troll kit. I'm a sad panda now. But I congratulate you to your models. Also the other Nurgle stuff you got painted! 

Wow, your spawn conversions are amazing. I just checked the web store and couldn't find the troll kit. I'm a sad panda now. But I congratulate you to your models. Also the other Nurgle stuff you got painted!

I am using them as Beasts of Nurgle. The Trolls are still around, they have just renamed them! See Link!

Yah the boring* (if well painted) Nurgle stuff is out of the way! On to the fun Tzeentch based stuff :wink:

*I may be biased.

Heh, I hate painting Horrors... Especially the old metal ones. 

I do need to pick up some more of the Tzeentch deamons, just need to wait till I have a regural pay-check again

Well I have a new job thats keeping me away from home alot. Which is kinda pants in many ways, but at least it's a job.. and one doing the things I am good at.

Anyway managed to finish the unit of Horrors... and make a start on the Plague Bearers.

I just want to say I hate the old metal Horrors, the new ones are better, but I found slightly unfulfilling to paint.

gallery_63905_11231_712273.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update Time!

So I have been away from my house for most of the last 4 weeks, but been able to get some work done last night; Almost finished the Plague Drones, and made some progress with my Prince. I have not had fun painting the plague drones, just not been pleasant. The Prince is a more familiar experience, still not that happy with it... but I know when I add the washes it will start to be better.

gallery_63905_11231_226178.jpggallery_63905_11231_161760.jpg

Edited by Uveron

ETL UPDATE 2!

==

I Uveron rose to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vowed to complete:

1 Daemon Prince of Nurgle: With Demonic Flight, Warp-Forged Amour, Psyker (Level 3) Shown by the Books and the scrolls he carries on his belt. An exalted Reward (The Eternal Blade), and Grotti the Nurgling

gallery_63905_11231_280012.jpggallery_63905_11231_947430.jpg

1 Herald of Nurgle, with the Death's Head of Duke Olaks, A Greater Reward (Balesword), The Locust of Fecundity, and level 2 Psyker (Shown by scrolls carried on his belt)

gallery_63905_11231_73661.jpg

A unit of 3 Plague Drones: One upgraded to a Plague Bringer, One with an Instrument of Chaos, one with a Plague Banner, the unit has Death’s Heads and Venom Stings

gallery_63905_11231_638263.jpg

A unit of 11 Plague Bearers of Nurgle, One upgraded to a Plague Ridden

gallery_63905_11231_136601.jpg

A unit of 10 Bloodletters of Khorne, One upgraded to a bloodreaper, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the banner of blood

gallery_63905_11231_384202.jpg

A unit of 15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, One upgraded to a Iridescent Horror, One with an Instrument of Chaos, and one with the Blasted Standard.

gallery_63905_11231_805660.jpg

All these units are from Chaos Daemons for a total value 1117..

This was completed on 6/19/2016. Success will brings eternal glory to Gods of Chaos..

==

I Uveron once again rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 Daemon Knight Paladin, - with Digecaster, and a veteran of the Scouring and the following long war.

1 Renegade Knight, with Stormsper Rocket Pods, Rapid fire Battle Cannon, Avenger Gatling Cannon and Melta Gun

gallery_63905_11231_114613.jpg

These units are from the forge world website, Imperial Knights Renegade. Additionally upgrades taken from Imperial Armor 13: War Machines of the Lost and the Dammed. For a total point cost of 950.

This will be completed on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to Gods of Chaos and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

A good start for sure. What are your next plans before assembly? Shall you be going all magnets on the limbs?

All the weapon options are magnetised, before full assembly I plan to add in all the detail paints. 

Not sure if I will add weathering before/after the assembly. 

Well I have finished the carpace for the Nurgle Knight.

Going to weather once I have a complete Knight, or at least more complete than I have now... well more weathering than the chipped paint I have done so far. Going for a very battle warn knight...

gallery_63905_11231_198834.jpg

The knight is looking pretty war torn. You could probably try a destroyed gun emplacement with sandbags scattered and wrecked heavy weapon or go with the puddle idea with the remanents of a tree just off it, both complete with mud to give that no man's land feel.

The knight is looking pretty war torn. You could probably try a destroyed gun emplacement with sandbags scattered and wrecked heavy weapon or go with the puddle idea with the remanents of a tree just off it, both complete with mud to give that no man's land feel.

Thats kinda what I went for... got some ripped up steel and then some goo... Iam suffering in my new house for good lights near the spot where I can paint.. but saying that making some good progress with my pair of knights, on the final details with the Nurgle knight, and about 1/2 way through the Khorn Knight. This have been very very enjoyable models to paint, and thinking that I may want to get my hands on another pair in the future.

Anyway bellow are some pictures of the Nurgle knight taken in a spot with with better light.

gallery_63905_11231_332489.jpggallery_63905_11231_459242.jpggallery_63905_11231_644508.jpg

Also this is a horrid photo of the units geting ready for Vow 4

gallery_63905_11231_339119.jpg

Hmm I like the knight and I usually hate Nurgle-Knights! :D

I like that he isn`t all green-stuff and slime, the model looks quite balanced to me,

though I think the banner could be done better... maybe there is a fitting decal for it?

Hmm I like the knight and I usually hate Nurgle-Knights! :D

I like that he isn`t all green-stuff and slime, the model looks quite balanced to me,

though I think the banner could be done better... maybe there is a fitting decal for it?

Yes the banner isn't finished it's going to get the decal from the renegade box set.