1750 Night Lords - Pride of the Legion

Brother Heinrich

So as usual with all my projects, they start life here in the army list section. I suppose that goes for almost everyones armies though... Anyways, here is the list I'm building towards to represent the infamous 15th Company in it's heyday during the Heresy. Thoughts and advice appreciated as always.

HQ:

• Praetor - Artificer Armor, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Trophies of Judgement, Paragon Blade, ROW: Pride of the Legion - 175pts

Elites:

• Contemptor Dreadnought - Kheres AC, Chainfist, Drop Pod - 265pts

Troops:

• 10x Veteran Tactical Marines, Sgt. w/Chainglaive, Squad Meltabombs, 2x Plasma Guns, Rhino w/Dozer Blade, Tactic: Outflank - 305pts

• 10x Veteran Tactical Marines, Sgt. w/Chainglaive, Squad Meltabombs, 2x Plasma Guns, Rhino w/Dozer Blade, Tactic: Outflank - 305pts

Fast Attack:

• 3x Legion Jetbikes - Squad Meltabombs - 150pts

• 8x Night Raptors - Huntmaster w/ Chainglaive, 2x Pairs of Lightning Claws - 260pts

Heavy Support:

• Deathstorm Drop Pod - Drop Pod Assault, Krak Launchers - 145pts

• Deathstorm Drop Pod - Drop Pod Assault, Krak Launchers - 145pts

Total: 1750pts

Basically everything either deep strikes or outflanks, swish, swoosh, boogy men in the night.

Personally, were it me, I'd opt to take a Deredeo instead of the deathstorms. Anti air base is covered and you get the option to ruin TEQ blobs or pound heavy armour in addition to the flyers 

Yeah i know the Deredeo is a solid choice, however my conversion of the 15th company to a 30k force is also structured around minimizing cost and maximizing the usage of things I already own. I have two drop pods that just needed the deathstorm launchers to make the conversion, whereas I have zero parts to build a Deredeo. in an ideal world there are definitely things I would change, however this is about getting the best bang for my buck, while still keeping to the specific tactical leanings of the VIII legion. Hence why the entire list either deep strikes or outflanks. 

Archived