55th Vostroyan Infantry & 24th Heavy Armoured Regiments

Son_of_D0rn

Well that explains the amount of AP 1 and 2 you are running. Once those squads do get in CC the power weapons should do some work. Against space marines you may have some trouble in the assault phase, but a 5 man tac squad will probably lose to your infantry. Against eldar tau or necrons you should have no trouble. Against SM a comissar in your melee squads could help them stay in for longer, though I do not believe there is a vostroyan comissar model, so it would break the theme, ultimately your choice.

In my regimental fluff the Commissars and Priests are off worlders (cheveks) i'm using a Valhallan Leiutenant as my Commissar and a Redemptionist with Eviscerator for my priest (when I find him)

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

Long time since I have been active on here but have been busy (although not with painting unfortunately) below is my 1500 point list which I am very happy with how it is performing. However I want to expand to 1850 and have concerns with Imperial Knights and also Wraithknights any thoughts?

CCS - Medic, 3x Plasma

Tank Commander - 2x Executioner, Tri bolter

Infantry Platoon

PCS - 4x Flamer

IS1- Autocannon, Commissar

IS2 - Autocannon

IS3 - Autocannon

Vets - 3x Melta, Taurox

Vets - 3x Melta, Taurox

2 Scout Sentinels - Multi Laser

Vendetta

2x LRBT

Sorry for formatting am on my phone.

So moved house lately and have one more room to sort, my hobby space http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ratvan85/20160124_122151_zpslrfh53my.jpg. It is actually a pretty decent size and has a built in extractor fan (former laundry room) and a solid concrete worktop that is approximately 2.4m x 1m that will act as Hobbyspace/gaming table/scenery storage!

Perry minis are the right size (or slightly smaller) but they use "human" proportions : torsos, arms, legs are thinner than GW models. 28mm, but no Heroic scale. Though Perry's could be great for building an entire army, I'm not entirely sure about mixing GW and Perry.

But what about using those bearskins on Cadians or, for instance, on Victoria's Concripts parts ? I believe it may fit better than using the whole Perry's minis. msn-wink.gif

Historicals are usually quite a bit smaller than GW minis, but its only really noticable when you try and mix bits. Go for it!

Perry minis are the right size (or slightly smaller) but they use "human" proportions : torsos, arms, legs are thinner than GW models. 28mm, but no Heroic scale. Though Perry's could be great for building an entire army, I'm not entirely sure about mixing GW and Perry.

But what about using those bearskins on Cadians or, for instance, on Victoria's Concripts parts ? I believe it may fit better than using the whole Perry's minis. ;)

Slightly smaller I can deal with. I may pick up a set and see what the difference is before I commit to the idea

Ok so I have a 1000 Point Tournament that is coming up in March and was considering running a pure Infantry List as below, would like to hear your thoughts on the list

Vostroyan Firstborn – 1000 Points

Combined Arms Detachment

HQ: Company Command Squad – 80 pts

Medi-pack, Vox Caster

: Ministorum Priest – 25 pts

Troops: Infantry Platoon – 515 pts

PCS – 2x Grenade Launcher

IS1 – Autocannon

IS2 – Autocannon

IS3 – Flamer, Power Axe, Vox

IS4 – Flamer, Power Axe

HW1 – 3x Lascannon

HW2 – 3x Lascannon

Troops: Infantry Platoon – 330 pts

IS 1 – Flamer, Power Axe, Vox

IS2 – Flamer, Power Axe

IS 3 – Flamer, Power Axe, Vox

IS 4 – Flamer, Power Axe

Army Tactics

CCS: The Squad is here to hide at the back in cover and to issue orders to the Autocannon Blob Squad and/or the Heavy Weapon Squads of Lascannons. Medi Pack is included in an attempt to keep the unit alive for a little longer.

PCS: These Squads will advance between my Flamer Bobs and issue Orders and provide supporting fire with their Grenade Launchers. If they survive long enough they can also attempt to claim an Objective if one is unoccupied and nearby.

Flamer IS: Each Blob Squad (3 In Total) will consist of 20 Infantry and will be joined by a Priest these Squads will advance up the table (hugging cover) and look to capture Objectives and/or tarpit enemy assault troops. The units themselves should be resilient enough to prove a tough test to enemy troops and I hope that two Power Axes will provide a couple of kills in combat.

Autocannon IS: I have included this unit in an attempt to target Enemy Transports and Tough Troops, this I imagine is going to be where the majority of the CCS Orders go. In essence a large unit to sit on a home Objective and pour fire downfield.

Lascannon HWT: I aim to deploy these in cover and spread out enough to cover a large amount of the battlefield (through fire lanes) I hope that their inclusion provides a distraction and I can funnel my opponent’s units to where I want them.

Priests: Will join the Flamer Infantry Squads and buff them as they advance across the board.

I think it's a pretty cool trooper list, HWSs aren't the best unfortunately and Lascannons are expensive but with orders they will hit hard and are your only real option for long range hard hits. That said I'd think carefully about their usage and if perhaps you might be safer putting them in Infantry Squads. All the enemy S6+ will target them, which would be all their AT that has no other good targets...

I think it's a pretty cool trooper list, HWSs aren't the best unfortunately and Lascannons are expensive but with orders they will hit hard and are your only real option for long range hard hits. That said I'd think carefully about their usage and if perhaps you might be safer putting them in Infantry Squads. All the enemy S6+ will target them, which would be all their AT that has no other good targets...

That is a fair point and something that I completely over looked, had a bit of a Shuffle and need to pick up a model or two but managed to fit in some more bodies as well as some ranged AP2, feels better

Vostroyan Firstborn – 1000 Point Combined Arms Detachment

HQ: Company Command Squad – 100 pts

Medi-pack, Vox Caster, Master or Ordnance

Troops: Infantry Platoon – 325 pts

IS1 – Lascannon

IS2 – Lascannon

IS3 – Flamer, Power Axe, Vox Caster

IS4 – Flamer, Power Axe

Troops: Infantry Platoon – 325 pts

IS1 – Lascannon

IS2 – Lascannon

IS4 – Flamer, Power Axe

Troops: Infantry Platoon – 175 pts

IS 1 – Plasma Gun, Vox Caster

IS2 – Plasma Gun

I like this list better, lots of troopers and guns smile.png I think it'd be good if you could fit a bit of melta, but I'm not sure where.

How about,

Vostroyan Firstborn – 995 Point Combined Arms Detachment

HQ: Company Command Squad – 90 pts

Medi-pack, Vox Caster, 2x Grenade Launcher

: Ministorum Priest – 40 pts

Plasma Gun

Troops: Infantry Platoon – 315 pts

PCS – 2x Melta Gun

IS1 – Autocannon

IS2 – Autocannon

IS4 – Flamer, Power Axe

Troops: Infantry Platoon – 315 pts

PCS – 2x Melta Gun

IS1 – Autocannon

IS2 – Autocannon

IS4 – Flamer, Power Axe

Troops: Infantry Platoon – 185 pts

PCS – 2x Melta Gun

IS 1 – Plasma Gun, Vox Caster

IS2 – Plasma Gun

Really pinching points with the list now, I lose the high strength long range fire but make up for it with more shots

Personally I've always questioned 15pts for a power weapon on guardsmen.

Especially when it can add up real quick with guard and the number of squads it can take.

If my squads get caught in combat I only really hope to keep them engaged as long as possible and not die first turn. Killing models in combat is a bonus not a priority.

Based on your list that's 60pts that could goto a chimera for your CCS

I personally only give my co a power sword if he gets into combat, things have gone wrong. With my platoon squads and platoon command I usually go the cheaper the better. They are meant to die for the glory of the emperor. I only give vets and ccs anything expensive. They can get their points back usually. That's how I keep my army effective.

I disagree. In the set up he has here, blobs with priests, a pair of hidden AP2 power weapons isn't terrible. It's a nasty surprise for small elite melee squads that drop in close enough to charge. Id avoid it on the CCS and PCS because of the small squad size, too easy to kill them with collateral damage before they strike.

Since he's specifically going for minimal tanks he needs something for added punch and the power axes could work. Just keep your priests and sergeants towards the middle/back and pray they don't issue any challenges (unless you're both initiative 1).

Really is a shame we don't have any blob delivery vehicles. Moving multiple groups of 20-50 across a table is pain.

A suggestion for a Vostroyan Master of Ordnance. I use the regular Vox Caster with a servoskull, and just pin cadian vox backpacks to regular Vostroyan infantry as a Vox Caster (just remove the plastic in the vox backpacks and they fit on the Vostroyan back.

Nice to see a fellow Vostroyan :)

Archived