Kriegs Assortment of Imp. - 02/01/16 - Acolyte

Kriegsmacht

Hi all

After being away from W40k for 3 months from lack of motivation(and focus on another game) I decided to come back and finish my second ETL (failed)vow. To bring people up to date this is the first Knight I put together and painted.

When I started my second Knight I had an idea on what to do and it was going alright...until I got into it. The more I tried to work on it the less I was happy with it and my motivation and interest pretty much was gone. After being away for a while I came back on here to check things out and see other peoples work. Well this damn forum(in a good way tongue.png) pulled me back in and I grabbed my disassembled Knight and started painting again.
It's not going to be the nicest looking one. I didn't want to strip the paint so I just painted over the old colors with thinned down paints hoping it'll pass as acceptable. I am much happier with the direction I'm going not just with this Knight but with my little House of freelancers as well. I even have an idea brewing for a third Knight.
Anyways enough talk Here's where my Knight is at the moment. Ignore the light brown paint on the bleach bone. in the middle of covering some mistakes when I was painting the black.
Thanks for viewing. Comments and such welcome

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all small progress update. tried some freehand on the black trim. I had to cut up the left side of the mask to show damage after dropping a book on the head and snapping off the hoses. Not much else so far just get so annoyed when I'm trying to tidy up the black trim and end up getting some on the bone colour. Yay smile.png

Thanks Guardian31!

Another small update it was anidea i thought of last night. Wanted to do something different with the barrels and this is what i cae up with. I wanted to paint it as if it just finished firing for a long period of ime and the barrels got red hot. It'snot as bright as it could be but that's ok. What do you think?

• 5 weeks later...
Hey all

Haven't made any progress on my Knight been busy with other games. Lately I've been looking up stuff on Iron Hands and have been getting interested in them. Then I pulled out Index Astartes III(love these books) and read their entry and I decided I wanted to work on them. I grabbed a bunch of unfinished marines and terminators and started working on some of them cutting them up and converting them. These pictures are my results so far.

Haven't done homemade bionics before so decided to try and be simple and get the point across. I'll probably buy the iron hands pack from GW at a later time for variety. Also wanted to make my devestators different and look heavy so I used the marine legs from the Centurions. The helmets I just wanted a different look for them.

Comments and critiques welcome. Thanks for looking.

Another small update it was anidea i thought of last night. Wanted to do something different with the barrels and this is what i cae up with. I wanted to paint it as if it just finished firing for a long period of ime and the barrels got red hot. It'snot as bright as it could be but that's ok. What do you think?

Really good stuff so far. With metal getting hot I'd say to look at images of super hot metal for inspiration. The fan heater at work (pretty much a flamethrower) has a saftey metal guard and this goes super bright orange at the hotest bit, maybe drybrush a little Ryza Rust at the Center if the gun?

Did some more cutting and converting. Modified this marines helmet and left arm. The legs were the closest I could find that was walking. Wanted to show him about to give a human the Emperors Mercy for allowing to be mutated(Flesh is weak). Thought a knife would be a nice touch for that. smile.png

Thanks for looking.

Thanks MosesGun. For the bionics I did use guitar wire but I started with a piece of metal paper clip and pinned the two pieces together.

When I did the plasma gunner I just cut the guitar wire to size and glued it on the paper clip.

The terminators arm I trimmed plasticard to size for the hand and arm and drilled three holes on each. This time I had the two guitar wire pieces separate from the paperclip. I did glue a third wire to the paper clip on the inside of his arm.

I like what I came up with but it was annoying trimming the wire to size. I don't know if I'll do more bionics this way but it was interesting to try out. :)

Hey all last update of the night I was working on this IH marine and wanted to get him up here before I prime him. Started priming the previous works so I'll be painting them soon.

For the painting I'm going to try out Captain_Volos method that I found in the painting tutorial section. I think that looks really good and easy(I hope).

Also want to give a shout out to Mosesgunn. I got(stole) the idea of using the bionic left arm from him.

Yeah that's pretty much how it came about when I put him together. The arms from the new tactical marines box really helps with creating stumps. lol The way I put him together I wanted him looking at it thinking "Well...I can always replace it". :)

Hey all here's two of my Iron Hands nearly finished. I was going to put markings on them with transfers but lo and behold when I found the Space Marines transfer sheet it turns out there's no Iron Hand symbols on it...of course. Checked both GW and Forgeworld for transfers and found none for IHs. So i'll just be painting marines until transfers come up.

When rummaging for the transfer sheets I did find a dreadnaught I bought looong ago. Didn't get very far painting him up so he'll be perfect to work on. Also yes I know he needs a bit of cleaning to get the dust off. Like I said loooong ago. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

Another update but this time a couple of my World Eater Berzerkers. After liking what I did with the Iron Hands I decided to see what another shade would look and figured the Berzerkers would be a good test.

I primed the miniatures with AP Plate Mail spray then did three coats of Corroburg Crimson. After that I painted up the trim and hair and skin.

Also it's amazing what you can find on a miniature after taking a pic. Just noticed the spot of yellow on one of the zerkers backpack. dry.png

Anyways let me know what you think.

Hi all

Big update(well big for me). Pretty much finished 3 marines. So many details it was actually starting to get annoying finding them every time I thought I was finished.

Here's my 2 Iron Hands. A tactical marine and a Veteran Sargent in Terminator Armour. This is just a fluff army so I'm basing it off the army list in the Index Astartes article.

Next is one of my favorite that I forgot about when I was working on my Berzerkers. Just a Zerker with two chain weapons with a some wolf armour he took as a trophy from a supposed Executioner. tongue.png

"Believe me Emperors pup, I haven't forgotten The Night of the Wolf."

Haekon Corpsegrinder - spoken before delivering the final blow.

Decided to completely change this post since I put the project I posted here on hold for a while.

After listening to The Watcher and Garro: Shield of Lies I had the itch to go back to my Sisters of Battle. Always like these miniatures and I would like to finish them(and even play them maybe ohmy.png). Also thanks to Aquilanius for reminding me I have a WIP thread to post this stuff. lol

First picture is Canoness, Hospitaler, and a multi-melta trooper. The guy in the back holding the scrolls is going to be the Dialogus because the official one on GW is kinda meh. Would have to remove the eyes for a start. I don't know what he was originally suppose to be he was from the Inquisitor box set.

Second pic is more miniatures from the Inquisitor box set. Crusader I can use as is. The Penitent(guy on his knees) and the Acolyte(flamethrower guy) can use as Arco-Flagellants. Cherub(Aren't they cute? yes, yes they are) i'll use as an objective marker.
And Saint Celestine herself. I ditched the backpack 'cause it was making the miniature top heavy so switched it with a Sanguinary Guard winged backpack.
The SoB miniatures will be painted in the standard brass colours like the others. I want red in the red to make them stand apart. The Hospitaler is red because she's a separate Oder.
Thanks for looking.

It's always good to see other Orders! thumbsup.gif

Celestine is usually put on a 40mm base. My first one didn't get a base that size when I bought her, but I made sure my second one is mounted on one. It definitely makes her more stable smile.png I'm glad I'm not the only one that painted the Hospitalier in different colours. Makes sense from a fluff point of view smile.png

Looking forward to seeing more! happy.png

@Aquilanus

Seriously about the Celestine? That slotted 25mm base is what she came with. Well of course that would be the case. lol

Finished my Sisters of Battle Hospitaller. Loved painting her was alot of fun. Not much else to say. Hope you like. Next one will be the Acolyte with the sweet sweet flamethrowers. smile.png

My first one came with just the 25mm base, the second came with both 25mm and 40mm. It's weird though - I just checked the GW site - it states that it comes with the 25mm one. Strange...

I know what you mean about the Hospitalier smile.png She's one of my favourite models in the 40K range, much less the Sisters. Yours has a nice colour scheme happy.png

@Aquilanus Thanks! :)

HEre's my Acolyte which I was told before can be used as an arco-flagellant counts as. First time painting fire and I like it. The white is showing up more in the picture than from just looking at it a few feet away.

Thanks for looking

Crusader is up next. :)

Archived