All BA, all the way. 1850 Tournament

Morticon

So, 
I'm going to be making a trek up country to what appears to be a really well organised tournament with a lot of amazing prize support. 

I was going to go in hard with the DA/BA combo, or even straight DA double-demi, but am instead looking at the BA - partly for pride, partly to make a point (again).

Mission dependent, i'm looking to take this:

Baal Strike Force (for bonus init to Meph and the Dread- I may change this if I feel Obj Sec is more important. Also, with rerolls on the Strategic table for CAD, i may do that too):

Chaplain - auspex, veritas

Mephiston

Damocles Rhino

1x Dread (not sure if Furioso, or DC yet, likely to be Furioso) - Claws

5x TAC - HF

Razor - TLPG/LC

5x TAC - HF

Razor - TLPG/LC

5x TAC - HF

Razor - TLPG/LC

4x Bikers + Attack Bike - 2 GG, MM, MB

4x Bikers + Attack Bike - 1 GG, 1MG, 1xCmbi-Grav, MM, MB

1x Storm Raven - Extra armour, TLMM, TLAC

1x Sicaran Battle Tank

1x Scorpius Whirlwind - ignore cover legacy

Thoughts?

Why the Damocles Rhino? Just to push reserves for the Stormraven it is to expensive in my eyes.

Where do you put Mephi and Chaplain? Some DA Allies will be sweet.

Kombiniertes Kontingent: Blood Angels
***************  2 HQ ***************  
Mephiston
 - - - > 175 Punkte

Chaplain
+ Boltpistole, Crozius Arcanum  -> 0 Pkt.
 - - - > 90 Punkte

***************  3 Standard ***************  
Taktischer Trupp
5 Space Marines, Schwerer Flamer
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Boltpistole, Bolter  -> 0 Pkt.
+ Razorback, Laserkanone und synchronisierter Plasmawerfer  -> 85 Pkt.
 - - - > 165 Punkte

Taktischer Trupp
 - - - > 165 Punkte

Taktischer Trupp
 - - - > 165 Punkte

***************  3 Unterstützung ***************  
Relic Whirlwind Scorpius
 - - - > 125 Punkte

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank
 - - - > 135 Punkte

Stormraven Gunship, Synchronisierter Multimelter, Synchronisierte Sturmkanone
 - - - > 200 Punkte

Ravenwing Strike Force: Dark Angels
***************  1 HQ ***************  
Sammael, Meister des Ravenwing
 - - - > 200 Punkte

***************  1 Elite ***************  
Ravenwing Command Squad
5 Black Knights, 1 x Ravenwing-Granatwerfer, 1 x Upgrade zum Ravenwing Apothecary
 - - - > 230 Punkte

***************  2 Sturm ***************  
3 Ravenwing-Biker, 2 x Boltpistole, 2 x Gravstrahler
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Boltpistole  -> 0 Pkt.
 - - - > 105 Punkte

3 Ravenwing-Biker, 2 x Boltpistole, 2 x Melter
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Boltpistole  -> 0 Pkt.
 - - - > 95 Punkte

Gesamtpunkte Dark Angels : 1850

thank you. i love the german programm onlinecodex there are the names mixed with english and german. so i think it should be understandable. also im to lazy to use other listbuilder. xD

The ravenwing strike force is a great addition for us. Alternate you can use da allies without sammael but have to take a troop tax.

What command benefits does the Ravenwing have?

They can all be in resreve and auto come in turn 2. Plus first turn they are on the board (reserve or not) they can turbo boost and shoot in the same turn. Probably something else too maybe.

Nice suggestions there Riot, thank you. 
Problem will be the models for me.  

Though, i really do like that detachment you listed.  

My concerns are that its a little pricey though and quite weak in my meta with loads of scatter bikes, venoms and khorne hounds :( So, thats my concern.  Also, wargear and unit wise, i need the ignore cover upgrade on the Relic Whirly and the veritas on the cahppy.  I also need a dread in the list for the hounds im likely to face. 

I may still try borrow models to play test it though - i dont like to discard any suggestions without playtest. 

Damocles I find helps with First Blood.  It also helps with sniping out characters thanks to being Barrage.  The S10, Ap1 is invaluable.

Also, with Meph and chaplain likely to be in the raven along with the dread, i need to ensure a turn 2 arrival.  2+ (and hopefully reroll with warlord trait) should make sure the 700 points I have off board come in and are useable from turn 3. 

The mixed weapons in the one bike squad is mainly because of points (really need 5 more!) but also because i wanted more S8 to instagib hounds etc. 

The way this army will play is to take out all high priority threats that i can with the shooting in turns 1 and 2.  Turns3, the raven is hopefully where i need it to be to counter charge the hardy elements i need to take down with HtH.

What command benefits does the Ravenwing have?

They can all be in resreve and auto come in turn 2. Plus first turn they are on the board (reserve or not) they can turbo boost and shoot in the same turn. Probably something else too maybe.

Small correction- if they turbo boost (ie: not shoot) they can jink and not have to snapfire the next turn.  Its highly situational - it also means you need to be more aggressive and get them up to the enemy and not shoot with them (for what reason, i'm not 100% sure yet).

The "all-in" for turn 2 is cool

its nice when you have the first turn and have to fight against shooty armies without cover ignore. boost forward with all your grav and meltas and make sure you dont end in charge range of something dangerous. in the next round you can pew pew what you want.

Decided on the CAD.  Think its smarter for the tourney.

Also, thinking of getting a Fraggy-oso, rather than a choppy one.  

I thought about a DC dread, but, i think the WS5 on furioso balances out the extra attacks, and the AV13 makes it stick around more. 

Thoughts on this?

Options are:

A:  DC dread with claws (135) (grapple)    (WS4, 6x S10 attacks on charge with reroll wound and ignore stun/shaken)
B: Furioso with claws (135) (grapple)   (WS5, 4x S10 attacks on charge with reroll wound - AV13)
C: Furioso with fragcan (130) (grapple) (WS5, 3x S10 attacks on charge, fragcannon - AV13)

Fragioso for the Win.

For the DC Dread you need an Lucuius drop pod. Otherwise he don´t do much on arrival and got shot to pieces.

Fragioso does the most damage in the frist turn. I´ve seen whole Orkbikersquads fleeing from the field due the damage he had done.

Scatterbikes dont get cover under the template and with a lucky 6 you rend one or two to death.

VS Deamons is Armor 13 Gold. Nasty dogs and so on cant damage you.

I'm getting serious deja'vu on this thread msn-wink.gif

Fragioso all the way. It's only an extra attack in combat with dual fists but the shooting prowess of the frag cannon makes it more versatile. Given your comments earlier, a Death Company Dreadnought will get neutered too easily.

What about the Libby dread? Since you are going 3 troops and 2 HQ's you can have 2 detachments (Fleshtearer + CAD/BSF) without any additional tax. It will give you more warp charges for better casting and a wider range of psychic powers)

Edit:

I guess it depends on how much GMC there is in the meta. I found the Libby dread really helpful/flexible in some games. Str 10 force is d3 wounds each hit to a wraithknight and no fnp (though you already have Meph, so might be redundant and it's more points than a furioso). I'd definatly keep the extra armor on the Raven. Getting stunned and forced to move straight ahead can be devastating vs. good players that put models in the way)

Cant ally them in because of the same faction. Also, its about 15 points more expensive? :/

How about good old fire raptor? Tought that thing is golden smile.png

On the other hand what about triple las rapiers in some cover? They are dirt cheap

Need the counter charge- LOVE the raptor. And its a big big "want" - but think the raven with its transport capacity will be better suited.

Cant ally them in because of the same faction.  Also, its about 15 points more expensive? :/

Taking a FTSF and CAD isn't prohibited by GW, so is this a tournament ruling?

OOOOH!! yes, because the FTSF only requires 1 troop,yeh? (ie: not an ally- its another detachment)

FTSF + CAD is legal with GW rules. A small nice bonus is Meph can get rage when you roll 10 or more on the charge. It's not amazing, but still a free bonus. Same with bikes, since they don't need to be in the CAD.

Archived