All BA, all the way. 1850 Tournament

Morticon

So long as the IC and the transport are Battle Brothers, there's nothing to suggest they can't. BB can join each other''s squads, and ride in their transports. The only restriction is that if a transport is bought as a dedicated transport for a squad, then that squad has to start in it.There's nothing to say an IC can't join a squad in their dedicated transport, should there be room enough.

You learn something new everyday. 7th Edition really overcomplicated pretty much everything sad.png

was like that in 6th too laugh.png

Seriously? I'm almost sure units could not start embarked in an ally's transport?

EDIT: I need to play some games, haven't even watched a game in over a year.. hobby's been mostly relegated to painting for me, and I guess it shows sad.png

Battle Brothers may embark on each others Transports. In the current rules there is a breakdown of what Battle Brother level allies can do.

Additionally, in the Transports section it states that Dedicated Transports can only be deployed with the unit they are purchased with (plus any attached ICs) embarked.

The only contentious issue is whether or not the Chaplain can join a specific Formation/use their transports. The main reason being that they are using the Formations rules to get on the board (these Drop Pods arrive in the first turn and don't count towards Drop Pod Assault you see). However, there is precedence for cargo being permitted to arrive with the Stormraven in the Adeptus Astartes Stormwing Formation, so it's all nonsense really :)

Ok cool, for some reason that was fuzzy with me.  That is really powerful putting an IC with those devastators.  I do like the skyhammer formation, sure its very strong but no reason to feel you are cheesing.  With the lists I see people bring to my tournament scene this is just another strong choice.

Had another game vs a very cool Eldar/Harlie/DE corsair-esue list.  

Skyhammer was dumb, again.   Army defs loses its teeth once its done and shot - really needs some beefy characters to support. 

I'm finding the jumpers very lack-luster, but without investing more points in them, wont be able to change that up.  Enjoying the list though

Some new changes. 

A lot will depend on the next tourney whether or not i use the skyhammer.  I feel that for where I'm going, the Skyhammer will not be as good for all the top daemon players (the top three in that area!!).

As a result, i'm looking to something a little more versatile.  (Asterisks denote the FTSF)

Chaplain - Veritas, Auspex

Libby Dread

Corteas

Inquisitor - 3x skulls, infernus pistol, power armour.

Damocles

Dreadnought - TLLC

5x TAC - mg

1x Razor - Las/plas

5x TAC - mg (or HF)

1x Razor - Las/plas

7x TAC - mg, cmbi-mg, vet, fist

1x Pod   (chap, corts and inq likely to go here)

Sicaran 

Scorpius - Ignore Cover

Raven - Extra Armour, TLAC, TLMM

3x Typhoon Speeders 

(alternative to above is to work in a FTSF, and have 2x attack bikes + Fire Raptor instead of Speeders + Dread -which i think for the meta may be better.)

Why the inq and Corteaz? Just psychic support and anti alpha strike?

It's a combo, yup!

Basically with the damocles and whirly + skulls - i get good firing solutions and minimal scatter. This only really works amazingly when i get first turn.  Basically, i'm gravitating towards a solid alpha-strike list. 

With veritas, the chance of getting #4 on the strat table is high.  That means if i'm not going first off the bat, i'll have a 5+ reroll chance to seize. And I really like those odds. 

Also, i HATE being seized on.   Further to that, with a little psyker support, a little anti daemon and even some consideration for WBEY, i think its solid.  

That being said, i've heard that there are other skyhammer formations going to be present that side.  This now means i may have to do some restructuring again ><;

Why the Chaplain?

For multiple Relics!

Priest can take multiple Relics too, can't he? I wondered why the Chappie specifically - for Zealot?

As in Relic Vehicles.

The Sicaran and Whirlwind Scorpius are both "relic" meaning they're from the crusade, essentially.

You can only have one of these in any given army list unless you have the corresponding character that unlocks more.

In our case it was a Reclusiarch, but FW emails say it's now just a chappy :)

Ah yes of course! You mean Relics of the Armoury, not Relics of Baal...

My group normally plays 1500 points but if I can get someone to try 1850 or 2000 I'll definitely be taking my Chappie, Sicaran and Deredeo out for a spin together :)

He's talking about Forge World relics of the armory. You have to bring a Chaplain (used to be Reclusiarch) to bring more than one of the cool toys (Sicaran / Whirlwind Scorpius).

Archived