[HH1.0] Dark Angels Tactics

Frostmourne

My bet is that DA will get a knight unit in Artificer Armour all with Caliban blades and the Sergeant with a greatsword.

Or they'll just stick them on the Terminators.

The cover of that new book has a Calibanite Halberd on there too...?

Working on an ironwing list to experiment with and I have to say the half tanks restriction is difficult to work around. I'm assuming dedicated transports don't count as tank "units". In that case it wouldn't be a big deal, but otherwise I feel like the list is restricted to four non tank units. 

To my knowledge dedicated transports do count towards your tank count. So assuming you take 3 tank units in your heavy support and a damocles command tank, that gives you 4 non tank units to play around with. Don't forget the Caestus is a tank :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting thought I had while reading the Iron Wing RoW earlier was two full legion tactical squads in Land Raider Spartans, supported by either Sicarans or a squadron of Predators. The tactical squads would all take the extra ccw upgrade. With the Exterminators special rule 20 bolt-pistol shots before charging in could be devastating. I take it Fury of the Legion cant be used the turn they disembark? I assume that counts as moving.

Either way, I like the mental image.

You'd mulch infantry but it's questionable. I think though with a chaplain/ Preator and you take into account the sergeant and you have the potential for a lot of power there.

Problem is the Spartans aren't dedicated transports so you only have one heavy support after this and because those tanks cover the tactical squads only you've only really got room for one more non tank choice if that. It's a slightly borked RoW in that regard.

You'd mulch infantry but it's questionable. I think though with a chaplain/ Preator and you take into account the sergeant and you have the potential for a lot of power there.

Problem is the Spartans aren't dedicated transports so you only have one heavy support after this and because those tanks cover the tactical squads only you've only really got room for one more non tank choice if that. It's a slightly borked RoW in that regard.

Not to mention that the 1 slot will be taken up by a Preator or Delegatus for master of the legion to give u said rite of war in the first place. so unfortunately no chaplain unless you also take a Command rhino.

Think this rite of war would really benefit for something to make HQ slots exempt from this rule as long as they are joined to a unit in a transport or something, as a it is really restricting on how many HQ slots u can take.

Not to mention that the 1 slot will be taken up by a Preator or Delegatus for master of the legion to give u said rite of war in the first place. so unfortunately no chaplain unless you also take a Command rhino.

Think this rite of war would really benefit for something to make HQ slots exempt from this rule as long as they are joined to a unit in a transport or something, as a it is really restricting on how many HQ slots u can take.

command squad with land raider?

counts as taking up the same slot as the preator...

Cant use RoWs with Alternate FoCs.

If you do, you need to ask your Opponent's/Groups/TO's for Permission.

The only exception being ZM since its an entirely separate Game Mode.

Edited by Slipstreams

Cant use RoWs with Alternate FoCs.

If you do, you need to ask your Opponent's/Groups/TO's for Permission.

The only exception being ZM since its an entirely separate Game Mode.

Ah :(  well here is to hoping that the right of war gets an update In a future FAQ to make it a tad less restricting as i am finding it hard to write high points lists using this rite.

Well, you can get a total of 9 tanks in 3 HS slots, plus one LoW for a total of 10 tanks not counting dedicated transports.

Spice up with scoring units (2 tac squads plus 2 Volkite tac support units for example) and tank-hunting Contemptors to taste.

The list revolves around jumping out of vehicles and slaughtering infantry with your +1 to wound rifles. Rotor Cannons would be okay here potentially.

Tank Hunting Mortis Comptemtors with Lascannons are just... Filth. Flyers be done yo.

A very weird unit I'd like to try is Volkite Serpenta Sniper Vets with a stasis grenade and a couple power weapons in a Land Raider.

Sniping Deflag shots are fun and you can get the jump on enemy units perhaps.

If you could, you'd be seeing some filthy IW lists with 5 heavy support, 2 troops & 2 LoW.

Who cares about going second when you have Pert, a Typhon and all of your reserves come in first turn? :biggrin.:

Someone talking smack about my boys in Iron? :tongue.:

Well, you can get a total of 9 tanks in 3 HS slots, plus one LoW for a total of 10 tanks not counting dedicated transports.

Spice up with scoring units (2 tac squads plus 2 Volkite tac support units for example) and tank-hunting Contemptors to taste.

This is up in the air currently. Because of the wording of the right of war being "half of the units" a squad of tanks still only counts as one.

Dark Angels players have no place to whine to Blood Angels. Their little crappy Legion rule is not much better, and their Rites and special gear are way weaker. The D3 VP swing is by far the worst part. I'm glad the crybaby fest didn't carry over to this page.

I'm guessing Dark Angels will get 2-3 unique units along these lines:

Deathwing Terminators with plasma repeaters (or combi-plasma repeaters?).

WS5 knightly unit with calabanite blades and artificer.

Maybe a conversion kit for bikes or jetbikes for a Ravenwing unit of some sort.

The legion perks will probably change.

Also, can someone point to me where a dedicated transport tank doesn't count as a tank?

Edited by Terminus

For you my brethren, who weep in despair...may I humbly present my no friends, yet fluffy idea.

2000 point Ironballs B) list:

HQ

•Delegatus (115) - Ironwing RoW

+ master crafted Terran longsword, AA, RF, Volkite Charger, melta bombs

Elites

•6 tartaros terminators (287)

+ 5 power fists, 1 chainfist, 6 VCs

•Spartan DT (330)

+ w/FS/AD

•3 Cortus Contemptors (435)

+ extra armor

Troops

•10 tacticals (193)

+9 extra ccws, sgt w/Combi plas/Caliban blade

+rhino DT (35)

•10 tacticals (193)

+9 extra ccws, sgt w/Combi plas/Caliban blade/Melta bombs

+rhino DT (35)

Heavy support

•2 Vindicators (260)

+ las destroyers

•Scorpius (115)

Total - 1997 points

3 tank hunting, fear causing fast dreads. 2 BS5 las vindis. S6 and S5 mass shooting with sweeping terminators. A Scorpius for total trolling. Oh, and a Spartan, because :cuss: you that's why.

I prepare to make this list and destroy all who say that the Dark Angels have weak rules. As the BT forum says:

"That's a paddlin'"

Edited by depthcharge12

A spartan feels a bit much for 7 doodz.

What about Vets in one with a tasty Tartaros delegatus?

You could load them up on serpent's, power weapons, stasis grenades and acid assault heavy bolters and really push all the rules of Iron Wing. Plus then you have the flexibility of sniper or furious charge etc :D

Here's the swap with your suggestions :D

2000 point Ironballs part 2:

HQ

Delegatus (110) - Ironwing RoW

+ master crafted Terran longsword, AA, RF, melta bombs, volkite serpenta

Elites

10 vets (305) - sniper

+ 2 acid HB, 7 volkite serpentas, Sgt w/combi stasis grenade launcher, 2 PAs

+ Spartan DT w/FS/AD (330)

3 Cortus Contemptors (435)

+ extra armor

Troops

10 tacticals (193)

+9 extra ccws, sgt w/Combi plas/Caliban blade

+rhino DT (35)

10 tacticals (193)

+9 extra ccws, sgt w/Combi plas/Caliban blade/Melta bombs

+rhino DT (35)

Heavy support

2 Vindicators (260)

+ las destroyers

Scorpius (115)

Total - 1998 points

I just realized how hilarious combi stasis grenaded are with sniper and iron wing. Since its s3, it gains the bonus, but on top of that, it's a blast template that wounds now on a flat 3+ with rending and all the stasis bonuses :devil: