[HH1.0] Dark Angels Tactics

Frostmourne

Well... Volkite could actually a bad way to go with it.

It's Martian Tech and as evidenced by the preview Gav gave us recently the DA actually had mostly TERRAN technology when they departed on crusade as the 1st Legion. The best available including things not really meant for the legions on a wide scale.

They eventually got Martian emissaries but not until later and few in number.

Caliban also had it's own tech and such so this was folded in as well.

Me? I want a squad of plasma repeater terminators. Or the rules to be adjusted so they can be taken on bikes or something.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Ryan Kimmel's Biker Manifesto, as posted by the Eye of Horus Podcast. Pretty good read actually! He has experience with them, and breaks down a lot of the factors involved, including Legion-specific analysis. Basically, Scimitars are the gun platforms and Outriders are the close combat bikes.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1094326837292456&id=851280114930464

So I  built a little 1200 point Ravenwing Protocol  Allied Detachment

Praetor on a Jetbike with a Halo and a Paragon Blade with the Acid Shells 

A command Squad on Jetbikes 3 guys and the banner Bearer for 4 guys with a Powerfist and three power swords  AND ACID SHELLS 

A Jetbike squad of 6 guys with 2 volkite   everyone else has ACID SHELLS  took the character upgrade on one of them to get rad grenades and a warblade. 

A Outride squad of 6 guys with Plasma Guns ( I figure I can split the difference here and build some black knights for my regular outriders ) character upgrade on  one dude for a war blade and rad grenades 

I tend to roll around with a lot of tanks , I figured I could make use of some potent bike squads more than anything else , @ n @  list is a little light on anti tank but the tanks in my main list should be able to handle a lot of my issues there. 

Curious to recieve some constructive feedback and maybe some more ideas D: ? 

At the very least get Melta Bombs since your Heavy Bolters, before Molecular Acid Shells, were at least capable of glancing up to Av11. Now they can't and, with the weapon options on hand right now, you can't even glance Av13+

I'd also much prefer you splitting the squads, at this points level, into 3 Man Squads. It gives you deployment Options and a squad, of which you effectively have 4 at this point, wouldn't get shut down if they so much as get charged or whatever.

For the Outriders, Plasma is the best all-round choice but at this points level, for the same cost as plasma, melta should be looked into as well. I doubt many people are using a fully loaded Spartan at 1.2k

Edited by Slipstreams

I like it!

Ravenwing seem perfect for an allied Detachment as you can bring up to four full squads of bikes (including the command squad). Will hopefully be 5 when the heavy support ones come.

Splitting squads is better for jinking too. If you have to jink, you're only forcing the snap shots on a couple of guys, rather than a huge chunk. Plus more scoring units, as everything is troops.

How expensive is that command squad? I like them but the seem like they would be a LOT of points for what you get.

I have recently decided to paint a small allied detachment of Angels. I have read most of the black library dark Angels novels, but have not had a chance to read much of the forgeworld side of things, but could the 40k robe covered chaplain model be fitting for 30k? His armor appears to be my IV (from what little I can see), but were robes common at all? Or was that a Lord Cypher only thing?

We haven't much in the way of art for the DA in 30k from FW, but they are inspired by the old visions of heresy books and they have a few robed DAs in :)

Considering they are still knightly - go for it!

Could perhaps be a more Calibanite thing though.

We haven't much in the way of art for the DA in 30k from FW, but they are inspired by the old visions of heresy books and they have a few robed DAs in :)

Considering they are still knightly - go for it!

Could perhaps be a more Calibanite thing though.

It would be a cool concept to build the detachment as pre-fallen dudes. It wouldn't make sense to actually play them as an allied detachment but that can be overlooked for sheer coolness.

At the very least get Melta Bombs since your Heavy Bolters, before Molecular Acid Shells, were at least capable of glancing up to Av11. Now they can't and, with the weapon options on hand right now, you can't even glance Av13+

I'd also much prefer you splitting the squads, at this points level, into 3 Man Squads. It gives you deployment Options and a squad, of which you effectively have 4 at this point, wouldn't get shut down if they so much as get charged or whatever.

Read the rules again. Molecular Acid Shells are an additional ammo type, so yes, you can still glance  AV11.

That might be the case but in either case you want meltabombs because otherwise *claps* you can glance Rhino Chassis and Contemptor-Cortus'

i mean you absolutely have a point slips but my imperial fists would likely do the brunt of the heavy lifting for armor killing. though it's probably still good to give them anti armor tools in order to allow them to deal with a wider array of issues.

Thank you all for your input I am excited to work on this next project.

^ No, sorry. Specifically says you cannot. Horus Heresy is closer to 6th Edition than 7th.

Well that really sucks. Would have made it easier to bring ravenwing but still have tanks and primarch when he gets rules.