[HH1.0] Dark Angels Tactics

Frostmourne

• 2 weeks later...

RAW it doesn't count. I think that's stupid and outside of a tournament I'd kinda expect an opponent to allow it to count. That said, if you're really trying to do an Ironwing build, it's not that restrictive. Three HS slots give you three possible tank squadrons (pick from predator, artillery, vindicator, or Land Raider to maximize IW bonuses). One slot is taken up with your HQ, and one elite slot is dedicated to dreadnought(s). That still leaves you with a spare non-tank spot for a LoW. If you still somehow points left after all that, TSS, terminators, and Seeker squads all bring along their own nice tanks. If you really want a fourth non-tank, then you'll need a Damocles Command Rhino. I'd probably buy an assault claw for a dreadnought with that, but only in large games.

Sure Ironwing ends up a little mono-build-y if you're trying to maximize your bonuses, but so are mono-Ravenwing and Deathwing in 40k, so I don't see it as a big deal.

Good news guys.I wrote to forgeworld and they said that super heavy vehicles count as tanks for ironwing.

The bad one that xgarnable sabre or force sword can't benefit from mastery of the blade.

Do you have proof for the tanks thing?

Just helps a lot of people if they can see the mail.

The Sabre and Force sword thing is kinda obvious though - the rules don't call them out. I will admit however that I thought Sabres were included :(

That's a real bummer charnable sabre isn't included :/

Really only use them on a jetbike command squad and they already have WS5 so I'm not too worried tbh.

I'm happy Super heavy tanks count for IW though.

Any ideas as to ideal/fluffy tanks to take? I like the Stormblade for the plasma but the Glaive is just so cool!

That's a real bummer charnable sabre isn't included :/

Really only use them on a jetbike command squad and they already have WS5 so I'm not too worried tbh.

I'm happy Super heavy tanks count for IW though.

Any ideas as to ideal/fluffy tanks to take? I like the Stormblade for the plasma but the Glaive is just so cool!

Stormsword is my best approximation of the Void Cannon Glaive's they have in Angel's of Caliban.

10" Template of NOPE.

Guys how about writing to forge world about plasma repeater range? Maybe if we all ask them about fixing it to at least 18 inches the'll make something with them.

I have tried them in different games.

In zone mortalis the are great only with librarian if he'll roll endurance. I've tried them in skirmish and the are one trick pony if you have the first turn. I have no idea how they can be used in normal games

Whilst we're on the subject of small tweaks, how about FW making stasis grenades usable in terminator auto-launchers?

Not sure what you mean by Terminator auto-launchers, but they can take combi-grenade launchers, which can take stasis shells...