[HH1.0] Dark Angels Tactics

Frostmourne

Well, its 10 points for a One-Use Assault Grenade option. Having a Combi-Grenade on 1-3 dudes in your squad gives you exactly that BUT doesn't tie it into your sergeant (unless you give it to the sergeant) AND gives you more than a single use of it.

It would be cool, sure, but its not like the option doesn't exist.

Ravenwing in 30k is awesome.monsterhunters and not allbike. And jetbikes not bikes

Uhh - hate to break it to you but the rite of war is pretty much focused around bikes and jetbikes and flyers :P

I wish they'd let you take a Sicaran or dreadnought :/ Literally the entire RW force could be obliterated by two unchecked enemy Sicarans.

Has anyone thought of taking some Custodes with their shiny grav tank as an ally for RW?

Jetbikes are much more old technology than bikes. Also they get much more benefits from it.

I like idea of 10 ravenwing tartaros in caestus or kharybdid with support of machine hunters veterans in dreadclaw

Yeah this is pretty much the way to bring the hammer down with RW.

Jetbikes in combat (bar the expensive command squad) are risky. Caestus access is pretty amazing.

Hey so I have 225 points left to fill out in this 2000 point Ravenwing list...ideas?

Ravenwing - 2000 points

HQ

Praetor (210)

+ paragon blade, iron halo, digital weapons, rad grenades, jetbike, acid HB

Command squad (355)

+ 2 members, 5 jetbikes, 5 charnabal sabres, 5 combat shields, 5 acid HBs

Elites

10 vets (265) - machine killers

+ 5 combi meltas, sgt w/rad/PF

Troops

6 jetbikes (295)

+ 6 acid HBs, rad grenades

6 jetbikes (295)

+ 6 acid HBs, rad grenades

Fast Attack

2 Javelins (120)

+ 2 lascannons

2 Javelins (120)

+ 2 lascannons

Dreadclaw (115)

Edited by depthcharge12

The Fire Raptor apparently uses different enough pieces that it's not nearly as bad as the Storm Eagle. I haven't done it myself, but that's been said multiple times across the internet.

I would consider some Land Speeders with Grav Guns. I'd also probably go MSU with the Troops jetbikes. If you change the Vets to Terminators, then they can take a DT Dreadclaw to give you the free FA slot.

Greeting brothers, newbie 30k player looking for advice.

Looking at running an iron wing list and wondering if an msu approach is at all effective? Tacts, acid bolter vets and support squads in rhinos with predator or vindicator squads and dreadnoughts to support? There appears to be a lot of big hitters in 30k that could delete light armour very quickly...

Or would i be better off building around a terminator spartan deathstar?

I think you should exchange one squadron of javelins for gravition gun speeders and maybe lightning with kraken missles for heavy armour.

Also I,d rather think of reducing number I command squad for 4 and troops sky hunters for 5. And there is points for another squad of acid shells =)

Edited by Agni

Looking at running an iron wing list and wondering if an msu approach is at all effective? Tacts, acid bolter vets and support squads in rhinos with predator or vindicator squads and dreadnoughts to support? There appears to be a lot of big hitters in 30k that could delete light armour very quickly...

You just have to delete their armour first ;)

It's all about just getting the most bang for your heavy support slots.

So Legion Malcadors with a tank Commander in a squad of 3 is my dream. BS5 and Tank Hunter.

The Deredeo with the new Lascannon gets tank Hunter which turns it into a monster.

Contemptor Dread Talons work wonders too, 3 of them counting as one non tank unit for the purposes of the restrictions - and they get tank hunters!

Here's a 2500 point list I just wrote up, but I'm likely to change out the Glaive for something. 2 tank squads of las vindicators are just brutal!

HQ

Praetor (165)

+ Paragon blade, IH, combi-stasis, digital lasers

Elites

5 terminators (230)

+ 4 power fists, 1 chainfist, 5 volkite chargers

10 veterans - sniper/outflank (285)

+ 2 Acid HBs, 3 power swords, sgt w/AA/caliban blade/combi stasis

+ Rhino DT w/MM (50)

Troops

10 tactical marines (165)

+ 10 extra ccws, sgt. w/AA

+ Rhino DT (35)

10 tactical marines (165)

+ 10 extra ccws, sgt. w/AA

+ Rhino DT (35)

Fast Attack

Cortus Talon (340)

+ 2 cortus dreads w/TL lascannon, extra armor

Heavy Support

Spartan tank (340)

+ Flare shield

Scorpius (115)

Super Heavy

Glaive tank (625)

+ quad lascannons

Here's a 2500 Ironwing list that makes use of all the rite's benefits:

HQ

Praetor (155)

Iron Halo, Terranic Greatsword, Digital Weapon

Elite

Cortus Talon (3 for 525 total)

3xChainfist, 6x graviton gun

Troops

2x Tactical Squads in a Rhino (160 x 2) - the only job these guys have is to score. If the mission scores at the end, then keep them in reserve as long as you can. Otherwise, hide them. Offensive upgrades increase their threat level and I don't want them targeted at all.

Fast Attack

Seeker Squad (230)

6 Seekers, a Strike Leader, and a Rhino. Praetor goes here. You can drop a guy or two for some combiplasma if you like. Might put AA on the Strike Leader, too.

Heavy Support

Predator Squadron (380)

3 with Lascannons, Squadron Command Tank

Vindicator Squadron (425)

3 with Laser Destroyer Array, Squadron Command Tank

Lord of War

Typhon Heavy Siege Tank (455)

AC, Lascannons

It actually totals to 2490, so toss some Meltabombs on the Praetor and Strike Leader, or give out a combi-plasma, or AA on the Strike Leader. I haven't played Ironwing yet as those tanks are bloody expensive, but depending on your meta, that should be pretty competitive. And like I said, it can make use of all the rules in the Rite.

Seekers should be used for their solitary purpose of hunting their marked target.

Ie rapid firing plasma at a hq and whatever unit happens to be accompanying it. They need not live beyond that.

Might I also state that I'm beginning to hate myself because I was having thoughts about making a pseudo dreadwing. Yes I'm suffering hobby butterfly but my 2 year NVQ Is over on Thursday and I might be going insane trying to complete it

I actually like Seeker's without combis in Ironwing. You just use the ammo, +1 to wound etc to gun people down with great efficiency.

The little blast templates are hilarious especially.

The scorpius rounds are hilarious - wounds marines on 2,+ reroll for shred, AP2. Only one round sadly, but likely eats terminators.

And I'll admit my main opponent plays Mechanicum, so I actually have a regular use for an AP4 bolter. Of all the Legions, Dark Angels may have the most anti-Mechanicum bonuses?

300+ point Veteran Squads (including Rhino) just don't excite me. You solution of putting the Praetor in a Spartan is probably what I'll settle on, but I just want there to be a cheaper answer that's also a scoring unit. Sigh, maybe in Book 8.