Its been awhile since I've been active here on the B&C. With the Birth of my sons the last couple of years I've had very little time to work on my Night Lords or anything really so I've decide to return to my favorite things in 2016. I have 3 major projects planned for the new year. Nightlords, HH Space Wolves and Fire Angels on Sagan's world During the Badab war. Other side projects will always pop up so Those will appear here from time to time. My Night Lords will be from both HH as well as 40k which should look great next to my new Space wolves. Kizzdougs was nice enough to share his recipe for painting his space wolf so Im planning on going that route. I'm playing with the idea of adding The serpents eye of Horus to them so show they have darker loyalities but not completely set on that. The Fire Angels will be a mix of the old white theme and the drop site camo theme from the Red compilation book put out in RT days. thinking of keeping it to a max of 50 models so I can focus on the damage and lose to the chapter. well Thats the idea anyway. Looking forward to starting this and hearing your input as things come about. hope you all have a great holiday and New Year and see you in the days and new year to Come.

Okay so as the Fire Angels Project in the new year is limited in size I thought I'd start getting the game plan down on it in a more measured scope. First here is the paint themes I plan on using -

gallery_1805_11573_614528.png

dont really Like the silver theme they've redone the Fire Angels in so I'll be sticking to the old school look. Most of the force is going to be painted in the drop troop camo theme anyway except for 3 drop pods and 2 squads of Terminators. there is a Techmarine theme up on the wiki that was interesting as well I might add but its still in the maybe column. looking at the Drop Troop Camo I find it strange to just be the one shoulder pad and the lower legs so I might spread it out more over the armour. the force will be made up of 1st, 3rd, 7th and 8th companies. one of the drop pods will be a deathstorm pod. I'm also planning on a couple of tanks as well. armor make up will be most mk III through mk VI. also think having a Contemptor and a regular Dread will be included.

with Sagan III having several chapters assualting it at the same time I'm thinking I might add in a few Red Scorpions, Exorcists or Salamanders in to show the massive assault. Not sure which Secessionists I'll be using as Casualties yet so any suggestions would be grand. Everything will be placed on a 3 foot Oval display base. Any Suggestions on troop make up or Tanks please feel free. Looking forward to your feedback.

For the drop troop camo, what color are you going to use for the base? It kind of looks like olive drab in the pic.

was thinking of doing a darker Olive Drab tinted with brown glazes, spots on the arms look brown to me but the armor looks like a really dark olive drab.

edit - Ive been wanting to try Vallejo Model Color so I ordered WWII allied box. with US Field Drab, USA Olive Drab, US Dark Green, Cam. Olive Green, and Rus. Unif. WWII In that set I think I can give the drop troop camo a nice look.

Good to see your back brother I know fatherhood is a big change, just think soon you will be rolling dice with the little tike!

Can't wait to see what you have in store!

Thank you and totally agree. only bad thing with have my sons is they will stand at the doorway and stare when I'm painting. sometimes it feels like a children of the corn moment. 

as the Badab/Fire Angels project is going to more of a display peice I ordered several squads of diffrent marks to mix and match for the Angels. I have three MK VI Corvus Armor, One MK II Despoiler squad, One MK III Breacher Siege Squad, one MK III Heavy Support Squad and The BaC box for some MK IV to add in. I'm also Using the Red Scorpions Veterans Squad with Veteran Sergeant Haas upgrade pack to add in Five or Six Scorpions to the mix. Thinking of using Dark Angels Deathwing kit mixed with some normal Termies from my Bits box for the 10 terminators planned. Planning on using inspiration from Hyaenidae's past work to show the massive assualt too. any suggestions on tanks or casualties would be great. Have Imperial Armour nine and ten coming in the post to so that should have some ideas to liven up the Display.

Now Im kinda glad i didnt start my badab project just yet as a buddy loaned me his copy of IA9 and 10 for the badab war. after looking through both I've been dragged in several directions and much less interested in the fire angels. only problem is now which chapter(s) do I want to do most? I'm thinking the Battle of the palace could be nice, the star phantoms look really cool. but I'm also tempted at doing the sons of medusa and the variant howling griffions theme with the black also. since I only skimmed through the books I'm gonna give them a good read over and see how I want to progress. if nothing else the models ordered can always got to my wolves or I can just swap models around and do Red Scorpions. any suggestions on which company/Chapter you'd like to see and why?

Okay with more reading I'm starting to think it's a tie between Red Scorpions, Star Phantoms, Executioners and Howling Griffons with black added. Thinking assault elements from the Executioners with heavy support elements from the Star Phantoms would look great with Astral Claws casualties. Kitbashing the 9th company Captain of the Star Phantoms and a squad of Terminators has me brainstorming in overdrive. More soon.

• 2 weeks later...

with looking into what I'll end up doing with Badab I thought I'd work on my Space Wolves that sided with Horus. thinking I'll convert SoH reavers to space wolves to get the brutal look I'm going for, plus their Jarl will be in Cataphractii armour. do I arm him with a power fist/Lightning Claw along with the Axe I ordered or some form of combi weapon. any suggestions?

for the Badab stuff I'm really focused on the Executioners so as their Fist successors might add the side project of HH Imperial Fists that could of been the marines sent to the 3rd founding Executioners as a command squad also.

• 2 weeks later...

okay so its been a minute since I updated and I hope to have some pics up by the weekend of my test models but Till i can get the bits for my executioners Im working on the 187th Company of the Raven Guard and the 217th Company of the Imperial Fists. if any one else has claimed these companies I'm apoligize before hand but the fluff is rolling and there set. Both will be 30k but from diffrent time periods. The RG will be set before/around the time Corax was discovered and the IF will be set around just after the seige of Terra so should be interesting tidbits on how it effects the colors and fluff. pics soon

Archived