++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - January '16 ++

Kor'Vesh

---- January ----

Happy New Year! I hope everyone got a nice pile of resin over Christmas, and are ready and raring to go painting and building armies in 2016. I have a bunch of terminators on the way!

We all know how this works by now, pledge some models to paint this month, build your armies, and enjoy the opportunity to stick it to the traitors/emperor. Full rules can now be found in the Hall of Victors thread - where anyone involved so far should feel happy to post their full army shots!

As a basic reminder, every model you pledge to paint is worth points. Once you finish the model and show us you earn points for your faction. These are always safe, so there is always an incentive to keep painting! The scores are as follows -

Infantry - 1 point;
Large Infantry (terminators, bikes, rapiers without crew etc.) - 2 points;
Monstrous infantry - 3 points;
Vehicles and Fortifications - 6 points;
Lord of War (including Primarchs)- 10 points;
Warhound Titan – 15 points;
Reaver Titan – 20 points (still hoping to see one oneday!)

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus let's see some pledges!

For a start, let's have I, Raktra, excessive user of blood splatters and bearer of fine dressing gowns, pledge another Iron Hands Sicaran.

I have plans for if that gets finished, too.

I will have to wait for a couple of days until some packages arrive.

That doesn't sound shady at all tongue.png!

What to paint, what to paint, what to paint? The Cataphractii are right out because I got too far on them. Maybe some Tacticals? Yeah, alright.

I, Mehman, or otherwise known as "the artist formerly known as Meh but still called Meh", shall endeavour to paint five Tactical Legionaries for the just cause of the Death Guard. If should fail, oh well mellow.png.

I, Nevindar the Greatest of all [insert something fancy here for future reference], vows to spend less hobby time playing Fallout 4 and more hobbytime.... hobbying. I pledge to paint.. ONE Librarian of the IX legion astartes!

I, Consul Dimitri of "Been missing for a while" do so humbly pledge one imperial fists contemptor dreadnought:

med_gallery_82040_10175_48975.jpg

He is totally freaking awesome!

Simply reposing the head has made the static pose so much better - I'm going to try this with mine, pray for me...

Great pledges already team. 40 Despoilers... someone is finally going to try and beat Rage!

I'm finally, actually moving house this month, so not expecting to get much done. Still...

I, Kor'Vesh, shamed of December, pledge to paint three tactical marines for the XVIIIth Legion Astartes in the month of January.

There. Wish me luck....

Hurray for competition! I, Rage of Khorne, pledge the paint the following:

• 5 White Scars Marines
  • 4 White Scars Attack Bikes
  • 10 Heavy Support Marines with Missile Launchers for the Ultramarines
  • 1 Praetor on foot for the Ultramarines
  • 1 Sicaran Venator for the White Scars

Well, I have yet to contribute much in the way of WIP's to this forum (or anything for that matterrolleyes.gif ). Seeing as I received the BaC for Christmas I shall pledge the following. Just something little for the time being.

Praetor (1)

Cataphractii Terminators (5)

Contemptor Dreadnought (1)

All painted in the glorious colors of the XV Legion, The Thousand Sons.

(Here's hoping I get this done....wacko.png )

EDIT: If its is ok, I would like to stress that my XV Legion members are loyalists.

Archived