++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - January '16 ++

Kor'Vesh

Almost done the normal Sicaran. Finished off the Venator though. Pictures of the Sicaran to follow soon.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/Rage_of_Khorne666/January_Challenge11_zpsfxjms3zy.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/Rage_of_Khorne666/January_Challenge9_zpsjbckofmt.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j352/Rage_of_Khorne666/January_Challenge10_zpsr0fn2den.jpg

Great work guys - there has been some awesome stuff in the past few days, and some very enthusiastic score keeping from Nevindar! Thanks man! Sorry I didn't send you my spreadsheet yet, but you made your own to quickly!

@Kor'Vesh: I note that down as "vagaries of the warp" ;)

@Rage of Khorne: That is a sweet sweet Venator.

@Zujara: Nice work! I both like and am a tad puzzled about that dozer blade ^^

I got a bit of transferring and then weathering to do on my Lightning, and after that.. My monthly pledge will be completed.

Everyone else reading this, GET PAINTING! woo!

updated to this point.

//Nevindar

Can't really nag at people to finish painting their stuff without showing off something myself now, can I?

So, here's the WIP of my Lightning. A bit of work left to make it presentable!

gallery_84024_11617_441204.jpg

//Nevindar

@Black Cohort: up to you really. Either be bold and pledge the tank or... Prep all of the breachers and the tank and go big in February. It is not that far off after all!

I really need to build and paint some Thallaxii in February myself....

@Wyvern: Sorry to hear of your lack of hobby time but.. Real life can come in the way. You should just relax and perhaps repledge in February. :)

mm... Watching a varnish coat over transfers dry is.... 

//Nevindar

My pledge as it stands after a solid 8 hours at the desk (very slow painter, and working on LoT pledge lol) just details and a bit of cleaning up to do, wash didnt stick properly so have that to sort in the morning. Not holding my breath.... But may have em done after all!

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i398/Jay_Leslie/Mobile%20Uploads/image_5.jpeg

Well, my Praevian's gonna be ready in time, but the Sicaran's kind of in question, so keep various digits crossed for that working out. Goddamn life. "Oh yeah Raktra, work in a wargames store, this is your best idea ever!" NO FREE TIME EVER.

@Raktra: work harder. You know what happens to those who disappoints the Gorgon!

@wyvern: nice progress! Looks like you're almost there.

//Nevindar

Cheers bud! N yeah just adding finishing touches and finishing off basing and done, so in a couple of hours should have a completed pledge :)

Not very happy with the results of my wash as I didn't thin it properly and only noticed after I had applied it, and the heat wash is garbage, but im very happy with my first attempt at freehand since my move and hes at least table top ready.

Here he is:

med_gallery_82040_10175_10950.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_22650.jpg

med_gallery_82040_10175_57489.jpg med_gallery_82040_10175_14436.jpg

Final stretch lads!

DimDim

@Raktra: Gogo paint faster swift swift! (Hm... possession by Clanrat...)

@DimDim: it looks quite good! I like that shade of yellow to the black shoulders.

@Black Cohort: Good job! Time to burninate stuff?

Updated to this point.

//Nevindar, who is yet to weather his Lightning...Despite it being located about 15 cm from the Iron Father he is currently painting...

Archived