Inspiration Friday: Chaotic Alliance (until 7/22)

Kierdale

med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

Wishing you all a very malevolent new year!

For those who do not know it, Inspiration Friday is a weekly (occasionally fortnightly) event within its home in the Chaos Space Marines forum, in which a topic is set for members to write short (and occasionally long) fluff pieces about their war bands, characters and models.

Inspiration Friday has always been open to the Daemon and Lost and Damned forum members, and I hope to set more topics this year which may tempt members of those forums to take part.

And so, starting as we mean to go on, here is the first Inspiration Friday challenge of 2016. A bit of New Year’s desolation...

Memories of Terra

For those whose war bands are descendant from the Legions, tell us of the part they took in the great Siege of Terra, the endgame of the Horus Heresy. Where were they? What did they do and how did they make it out alive? How do they view those events? Are they haunted by their memories of past glories or victory stolen from their grasp?

For those of the Dark Ages forum: I ask you to give us a piece featuring your characters, be they loyalist or traitor, set in the Siege of Terra. Tell us of their exploits at that great battle.

For those of the Daemons forum: which of your timeless diabolical servants of the Four were present at the Siege of Terra, the endgame of the Horus Heresy. Where were they? What did they do? Were they finally banished or fled of their own accord? How do they view those events?

For those whose war bands do not contain survivors of the Heresy - such as my own - , you might choose to tell us how they view those historical events, or take a break from writing about your war band and give us a piece about the Siege.

The greatest piece, most fitting the topic, will earn rewards. Not only the Octed amulet...

gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

...but also the honour of judging who wins the next Inspiration Friday.

Inspiration Friday: Memories of Terra runs until Friday the 15th of January.

Let us be inspired.

Please post your entries (and any questions you might have) in the main IF thread linked to above.

• 1 month later...

And here begins our seventh challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016:

Interview with a Daemon Prince

Following the tradition we set in interviews with our Chaos lords, sorcerers, warp smiths and dark apostles now comes a champion of Chaos who has attained that which so many strive for: Apotheosis. Who were they before they fell? What did they sacrifice, what did they lose and what did they gain? Does one so powerful regret anything? What are the ambitions and goals of one so close to their patron power? And why do these elevated beings deign to fight alongside mortals, perhaps kneeling to a mortal (albeit post-human) warlord? (Or is your Prince the leader of your war band, in which case how do they view their minions?) Were they originally a member of the warband or were they dispatched from their patron deity?

For those Daemonic armies, what roles does your prince play in the army? Is it the leader or is it subservient to a greater daemon? And what are its ambitions?

Inspirational Friday: Interview with a Daemon Prince runs until the 18th of March.

Again, for those who wish to enter, please submit entries to the main thread in the CSM forum.

• 1 month later...

Here begins our Twelfth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016:

Lesser Daemons

This time the neverborn take the spotlight once more. Bloodletters, Daemonettes, Plaguebearers and Horrors, whether the protagonists or antagonists, give us a tale about these lesser servants, these foot soldiers of the Dark Gods.

I want to save the other daemons (flesh hounds, fiends, beasts of Nurgle, screamers and the like) for another IF so please keep it to the four 'basic' daemon types...though that doesn't rule out 'counts as'...Slaaneshi versions of plaguebearers who feed off the pain inflicted upon them, etc..

Inspirational Friday: Lesser Daemons runs until the 29th of Apr.

Let us be inspired.

As usual, please post entries in the main IF thread in the CSM forum.

• 2 months later...

Here begins our twentieth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2016:

A Chaotic Alliance

A cohort of daemons, a warband of traitor or renegade marines or a turncoat Guard regiment is a formidable force, but sometimes their goals require them to ally themselves to other forces. To strike bargains and swear oaths to fight alongside those share their aims or those who might otherwise be their rivals or indeed their foes.

What brings these alliances into being? How well do the two parties trust one another and is that trust well placed?

I would have you tell us of an alliance your force has made with others, be they fellow pawns of the Infernal Powers, Xenos or even – could such blasphemy be possible even in a galaxy as insane as ours? – Imperial forces.

Is the alliance one of equal footing or is one the vassal, the hireling or the slave of the other? Willing or unwilling? Knowing or unknowing?

An additional aspect of Inspiration Friday: A Chaotic Alliance is that I encourage members to cooperate in the writing of pieces!

Accordingly, judgement of the twenty first challenge of Inspiration Friday 2016 will be shared between the winners of this challenge.

Inspirational Friday: A Chaotic Alliance runs until the 22nd of July (unless the majority of those who plan to contribute think three weeks are needed? What say you?)

Let us be inspired.

Now go find your prom dates, unless you’re a lone wolf-type msn-wink.gif

And who shall judge this new challenge? That decision lies with our current judge:…me! I’ll be posting my comments and awarding the amulet later today. To the victor chosen by my facinorous self, step forward and claim your Octed Amulet:

gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

Please post entries and questions in the main IF thread (linked to in the first post of this thread).

Archived