HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Had a flip through the updated red book. Only just noticed the added Iron Circle!

Nice to see that the Shield Wall rule has been amended slightly for the Phalanx Wardens. Instead of granting +1 initiative if the unit has at least 5 models, they now get +1 Weapon Skill.

The rule also applies to Characters and curbed lay models within the unit as well...hello, WS8 Sigismund biggrin.png

...Pray Tell, theres been a dearth of Imperial Fists info.

Had a flip through the updated red book. Only just noticed the added Iron Circle!

Nice to see that the Shield Wall rule has been amended slightly for the Phalanx Wardens. Instead of granting +1 initiative if the unit has at least 5 models, they now get +1 Weapon Skill.

The rule also applies to Characters and curbed lay models within the unit as well...hello, WS8 Sigismund biggrin.png

Spot any other changes to existing units/ROW?

The rule also applies to Characters and curbed lay models within the unit as well...hello, WS8 Sigismund :D

This makes me happy, since a friend of mine (who doesn't play Fists) is giving me a Phalanx Warden kit he's had lying around. O joyous day!Caloo, callay!

The only changes to the Fists are just the Shield Wall rule being amended and Dorn losing Unwieldy to get the -1 intiative in assault instead. Really, they're the only changes that needed to happen. Whilst they're original RoW isn't astounding, it's okay and everything else was either good, great or the best non-Primarch character going.

I'm torn if I should switch over to using Iron Warrior rules or stick to using the Iron Hands ones, which I have grown to really love and respect.

Regarding BA I think that the generic assault troop ROW is a much more powerful option. Only snap firing at jump pack units the turn they deepstrike? Amazing!

The only changes to the Fists are just the Shield Wall rule being amended and Dorn losing Unwieldy to get the -1 intiative in assault instead. Really, they're the only changes that needed to happen. Whilst they're original RoW isn't astounding, it's okay and everything else was either good, great or the best non-Primarch character going.

Can you clarify what Reaping Blow Does? Is it the same as Mortarions -1 Initiative for +1 Attack per model in B2B

To be fair we have one of the strongest RoWs, unique units, and characters to begin with. All of that being straight good put us several pegs up above other legions that needed RoWs and overhauls(sorry EC an SoH). So it's not like we needed this RoW to fix anything, so we have that going at the very least. Though I am obviously still disappointed that it's 'forging the narrative' harder than it is being functional. Cult Horde does that and better.

Though we might get some crazy stuff with Shattered Legions. Imagine taking BA Heavy Support squad with assault cannons in a Decap list?(If possible). We'll have to see.

I'm not quite confident in calling Decapitating Strike one of the strongest RoW in the Crusade Book. Its by no means bad though, just limiting to one type of XIX tactics. Would have been nicer to see a more "recon" based RoW (*glares at Ultrasmurfs*)

Tbh I think FW have so many options to go with RG, especially with during the Shattered Legions/Shadow War. They just had to chose the weakest one.

The RG have been pretty consistently top tier so far, I wouldn't lament just yet.

Plus, you don't have to limit yourself to that specific RoW :) you can try out all of the new ones or do a Black Shield force or Shattered Legion.

@Slipstreams - Reaping Blow says that you get -1 intitiative in the assault phase, and that if you have more than one enemy model in base contact with you in the initiative step you fight in, you gain +1 attack.

Certainly a much better rule now

@Slipstreams - Reaping Blow says that you get -1 intitiative in the assault phase, and that if you have more than one enemy model in base contact with you in the initiative step you fight in, you gain +1 attack.

Certainly a much better rule now

So, he lost S8 Instant Death but possibly has an Insane amount of S6 Ap2 Shred attacks at I4 when combo'd with Charge + Rampage.

I'll take it.

Decaps strength is that it is versatile. It looks like you're pigeon holed into into getting up close to take full benefit of PR:IC or putting everything in a pod, but don't let it fool you. It's highly adaptable, the only restriction is one consul/heavy support(And let's be honest, the only heavy you're taking is probably a fire raptor or sicaran), beyond that it's only benefits. Also that's what Rites of War do, they focus down tactics on purpose to make them more efficient. Dare to compare to toher that require specific troop and specific maneuvers and it's quite easily the most adaptable and is top tier.

Unlike this new one that is strictly narrative. So that's probably why I'm so disappointed, everything released for RG has had a platinum coating thus far(thankfully).

Is the new red book just the unique legion stuff?

Ooh, I'm not so sure.

Having that str8 option was nice for vehicles and removing monstrous creatures...

Or GMCs.

Though he isn't as liable to getting Tarpitted now so, whatever, Silver Lining.

Ooh, I'm not so sure.

Having that str8 option was nice for vehicles and removing monstrous creatures...

Or GMCs.

Though he isn't as liable to getting Tarpitted now so, whatever, Silver Lining.

Is he definitely losing Str8?

Or is the penalty to gaining it dropping his initiative?

Oh, he can still do that. After he gains his bonuses for Rampage and Reaping Blow, he then halves them for +2 Strength and Instant Death if you want. At Initiative 4.

It's the Sundering Blow rule.

Aah, that's brilliant in that case.

Wow, he got a significant increase in power level. Is he the same cost?

Oh, he can still do that. After he gains his bonuses for Rampage and Reaping Blow, he then halves them for +2 Strength and Instant Death if you want. At Initiative 4.

Is this Mortarion or Dorn ?

Also if you have the book handy, the new DG rite of war, is the +1 strength to frag missiles also give +1 strength to krak missiles ?

Would you mind PMing me like, pictures of the Actual Pages so I can properly digest all this ohmy.png

Is this Mortarion or Dorn ?

Also if you have the book handy, the new DG rite of war, is the +1 strength to frag missiles also give +1 strength to krak missiles ?

This is Dorn. But Mortarion has the Reaping Blow Rule too. So he also lost Unwieldy and can Strike at S7 Ap2 I4 with +1A for every Model in B2B

My poor terminators still shudder at the thought and they had to face him with Unwieldy..

Hold up, Mortarion lost Unwieldy?

Not that I disagree or anything, the Primarchs shouldn't be slowed by their primary weapons of choice!

Yep.

Power Scythes did too iirc and they also got Reaping Blow.

So Deathshroud are S5 AP2 at I3 with +1A per enemy in B2B

Archived