HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

...But they're bodyguards.

Priority #1 Is keeping the dude alive not punting a Primarch and Terminator Retinue back to the stone age.

With them giving an Attached Marine Character T7, a whole stack of wounds and a re-roll vs Blasts and Templates with their Invulnerable Save, he'll be hard to displace.

And look awesome doing it!

Priority #1 Is keeping the dude alive not punting a Primarch and Terminator Retinue back to the stone age.

With them giving an Attached Marine Character T7, a whole stack of wounds and a re-roll vs Blasts and Templates with their Invulnerable Save, he'll be hard to displace.

Rule of Cool always prevails!

Priority #1 Is keeping the dude alive not punting a Primarch and Terminator Retinue back to the stone age.

Rule of Cool always prevails!

Exactly. Fluff and imagery over crunch *any* day of the week.

Well that's certainly a lot to think about. Digging a lot of the new Rites (Recons, Primarch HQ, etc). I'll do my best to contain my overwhelming jealousy of the Ultramarines who somehow got the Alpha Legion Operatives Rite I've been dreaming of....

Big ups to Atia & everyone for some phenomenal work today, looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.

Hold up a sec. If you take the new Primarch's Chosen RoW, and he gets shifted to HQ, you don't have to worry about the 25% rule, right? Can someone confirm this for me?

Well he's no lord of war so yeah I think :).

Though I'm not sure how well it works with kurze.

Thats exactly how that RoW Works.

HOWEVER, the Primarch dying still gives the VP bonus and your army then stops being scoring in its entirety.

Hold up a sec. If you take the new Primarch's Chosen RoW, and he gets shifted to HQ, you don't have to worry about the 25% rule, right? Can someone confirm this for me?

Well he's no lord of war so yeah I think :).

Though I'm not sure how well it works with kurze.

It sounds awesome. Removing the cost of a HQ makes Primarchs a lot more usable in 2k games.

Are Veterans and Terminators the mandatory troops now, with no option for regular Tacticals?

The bottom line for me- for 410 points I'd rather have a better bodyguard smile.png

Well, yes, considering that you play at 1850 (right...? dont want to be mistaken tongue.png) in this instance, their cost is very much an issue.

Its a bummer but, yeah, dems the cards.

The bottom line for me- for 410 points I'd rather have a better bodyguard smile.png

Well, yes, considering that you play at 1850 (right...? dont want to be mistaken tongue.png) in this instance, their cost is very much an issue.

Its a bummer but, yeah, dems the cars.

I read "dems the cars" and immediately pictured Perty and 4 Iron Circle tumbling out of a tiny car Clown style. Someone needs to model that now.

Its a bummer but, yeah, dems the cars.

I read "dems the cars" and immediately pictured Perty and 4 Iron Circle tumbling out of a tiny car Clown style. Someone needs to model that now.

TORMENTOR!!! :D

Garro's straight up spoiling us at the moment:

http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/5934-garros-weekender-info-dump/page-2&do=findComment&comment=115189

right going to cover the new legions now

blood angels

legiones astartes rule

• when in combat and using a melee weapon BA require 1 less to wound than normal (1 less, not +1str, but same effect, so it stacks with weapon boosts)
  • may not go to ground
  • excluding dedicated transports BA may not have more vehicles than units with the legiones astartes rules, this may block certain rites

wargear

• any model who can take a volkite serpenta may instead take a hand flamer for price
  • any model who can take a plasma pistol may take an inferno pistol for a price
  • praetor, centurion or consul may take a new sword if they can take a power fist, AP2, master crafted, twohanded and each wound caused (before saves) counts as two, rolling saves separate. pretty damn nasty
  • may take assault cannons same as imperial fists

rites of war

• two rites, one offensive, one defensive
  • offensive rite:
    all jump infantry units, must be held in reserves, and must deep strike in on turn one, no rolls needed, all deep striking units (not just jump infantry) gain a +5 cover save on the game turn they arrive, and all shooting attacks from deep striking infantry and jump infantry units gain pinning on the turn they deep strike in. all blood angels gain +1 initiative on the charge, characters must always accept challenges if issued. 
    compulsory choices for this rite must have jump packs, must take a compulsory fast attack choice, which must have deep strike or be a flyer. can't take fortifications, sentry guns or any LoWs that aren't flyers or sanguinius himself.
  • defensive rite:
    immune to pinning, and stubborn while within 3" of an objective which is in their own deployment zone. enemy units suffer -1 to their sweeping advance rolls when their running away. units that are below 50% of their starting number of models, gains FNP(5+) but counts as destroyed at the end of the game for VPs and are no longer scoring. Characters must issue and accept challenges,  

white scars

legiones astartes rule

• units which move their full distance in their movement phase, gain +1 to cover saves or a 6+ if none, and also rerolls 1s to wound with shooting and combat attacks until the start of your next turn.
  • gains +1 to the roll to see who goes first, seize the initiative, and to the 1st reserves roll each turn
  • must take a single fast attack slot before taking any heavy support choices, does not apply to zone mortalis missions.
  • skilled rider (as if this was a surprise to anyone)

wargear

• power glaive, two profiles, either a power sword if used one handed or a power axe without unwieldy if used two handed. may be taken by any character (including sergeants and the like)
  • cyber-hawk is a wargear option for any WS praetor. basically, it can be placed anywhere on the board, and WSs get to reroll 1s to hit when shooting against any enemy units within 6" and may reroll charge range against said units, the cyber-hawk can not be charged or shot at, and doesn't count a an actual model, only a counter.

rites of war

• first rite
    skyhunters and outrider squads are troops and scoring units, they must also be taken as the compulsory units. units with the bike or jetbike type gain hit and run. infantry without transports start in reserve. infantry units gain outflank, and they also gain hit and run, if the unit doesn't have any heavy, salvo or ordinance weapon in it. the warlord must be on a bike or a jetbike. may not have more heavy support choices than fast attack
  • second rite (may only be taken as part of a shattered legions force)
    units do not conceded VPs for being destroyed on a 4-5, on a 6, you score a point. all models are fearless on the first round of a combat.must be loyalists, must have more infantry than vehicles.

dark angels

legiones astartes rules

• when fighting in combat with a 'blade weapon' (list provided but not repeated here) and fighting an enemy unit with the same WS, you hit on 3's rather than 4's. 
  • if at the end of the game the enemy player has more units left than the dark angels player (including allies on both sides) then they get +d3 victory points, fleeing units don't count as usual.

wargear

• lots. this is where DA get their real toys. 3 new weapons, and 3 extra ammo types for existing weapons
  • any character who can take a power sword can instead take a calibanite war blade, which is a power sword with +1str for the same price
  • new plasma gun variant, anyone who can take a plasma gun may instead take a plasma repeater for a few points extra, 12" str6 ap2, salvo2/3 twinlinked and gets hot
  • any DA praetor, consul or centurion that can take a power fist, can instead take a terranic greatsword, str +3 ap3, two handed, instant death.
  • acid rounds for heavy bolters on infantry or dreadnoughts, poisoned(2+) and ap value of D6 (roll each time its fired)
  • stasis shells for grenade launchers and missile launchers on models with LA(DA) rule. small blast, str3/4 depending on type, and any unit hit by it, suffers -1ws and initiative until the end of the turn.

rites of war

• first rite
    proto-ravenwing, jetbikes and outriders are the only troops choices allowed. ICs re-roll to wound against targets with toughness 5 or higher in close combat, also stubborn while in combat. jetbike and skimmer type units can leave the board and go into ongoing reserves, gain outflank when this is done, may reroll all sweeping advance rolls. characters may take rad grenade. all vehicles must be skimmers or flyers. infantry must have skimmer or flyer transports or can't be taken. can't get leadership bonuses from allies.
  • second rite
    ironwing, all vehicle squadrons of two or more vehicles are BS5. infantry gain +1 to wound when shooting at an enemy unit within 12" with pistol, rapidfire, or salvo weapons with str5 or less. all vehicles ignore their first failed dangerous terrain test (of the game) and add +1 to flat out moves. all dreadnoughts of any type gain fear and tank hunter. all infantry must have transports, at least half the total number of units in the army must be vehicles with the 'tank' type. should all the tanks be destroyed then the enemy gains an additional VP as if they'd achieved a secondary objective. no fortifications.

next up is all the new characters and regular units. but will leave that until the morning. fancy some sleep before tomorrow's mega seminar run (doing all of them)

Why do BA have to take more Space Marines than vehicles? I mean, I generally run infantry-heavy armies, so it doesn't affect me very much, but I dislike that particular restriction on the grounds that we can't run a Dreadhead list with that.

I think because of the assault cannons on everything with an armour value potential they have.

Why do BA have to take more Space Marines than vehicles? I mean, I generally run infantry-heavy armies, so it doesn't affect me very much, but I dislike that particular restriction on the grounds that we can't run a Dreadhead list with that.

I think because of the assault cannons on everything with an armour value potential they have.
<insert voice of petulant child> But mummy, it's not fair!!! All the other Legions get a Rite of War for Dreadnoughts, why can't we???

I mean, we currently have the most broken thing in the game: the hand flamer moritat, and they choose to restrict vehicles??? Sometimes this game makes no sense :P

If you look at the wording of the rules here it refers to 'units with the vehicle type' so squads (e.g preds, vindicators, land raiders etc.) still count as a single unit for the purposes of this.

Pretty sure the BA  weren't known for their extensive usage of the larges Legion vehicles, but they probably used 'medium' vehicles like predators to as great an extent as any Legion.

How to sum up every RG players thoughts on their new RoW:

"well.....thats abit poo"

(thank god the new generic RoW do a better job)

thats being generous.

I re-read my screen several times to see if there was something I missed.

Nope, business as usual from FW.

I can see the meetings now: "Give the traitors awesome crap, more Ad Mech and Guard crap, and print some useless gibberish for the RG. But dont forget to give the Ultramarines more rules so they can be better than the RG in the RG's role"

Well I would say other things about it but I fear the mods hammer.

I think the most annoying thing about it is that anyone who has read Ravenlord can understand the fluff for it. However its simply too...fluffy if you catch my drift, if they had added a few more rules for the Legion detachment (mostly sabotage esque) then it would be alot stronger.

Alas poor XIX. At least theirs always the Recon Company, I mean, who needs Heavy Support right?

Im getting strongly tempted to strip my RG and re-read the rule book. 

WLK

To be fair we have one of the strongest RoWs, unique units, and characters to begin with. All of that being straight good put us several pegs up above other legions that needed RoWs and overhauls(sorry EC an SoH). So it's not like we needed this RoW to fix anything, so we have that going at the very least. Though I am obviously still disappointed that it's 'forging the narrative' harder than it is being functional. Cult Horde does that and better.

Though we might get some crazy stuff with Shattered Legions. Imagine taking BA Heavy Support squad with assault cannons in a Decap list?(If possible). We'll have to see.

Had a flip through the updated red book. Only just noticed the added Iron Circle!

Nice to see that the Shield Wall rule has been amended slightly for the Phalanx Wardens. Instead of granting +1 initiative if the unit has at least 5 models, they now get +1 Weapon Skill.

The rule also applies to Characters and curbed lay models within the unit as well...hello, WS8 Sigismund :D

Archived