• 1 month later...

My Emperor's Children, what sweet music they make.

​Well make that 3 hh threads I really pay close attention too ,:biggrin.:

Sweet haha! One day I will go full HH on a force but I have enough on my plate getting these boys ready for the Long War.

This army is mightily impressive .... cant wait to see the models as they are painted .... great job so far!

Thank you! I too look forward to seeing them with some paint. Hopefully they will come out good.

Quite the horde you're amassing there, if only you were to vow it all into the Dark Prince's service...

The tabards look spot on, as does the head choice. :thumbsup:

Thanks! The crazy thing is I still have boxes of stuff in all kinds of conditions. I think this is a problem we all have though.:teehee:

---

Hobby confession is that I haven't been too busy. Laziness and hobby burnout mostly. I did get in another good game a few weeks back against the Dark Eldar and last week played a crazy kill team game with my buddy. We were looking for more scenarios to play and we just made one up trying to copy one I had seen online some time back. Basically two teams trying to escape a plague zombie infested hab block via the last flyer in town. The original one I saw was called "escape from nu ork" or something like that.

My berzerkers didn't make it out alive. I like to think they weren't too upset as there were still hordes of things left to kill.

However, yesterday I saw something that got the creative juices flowing:

EchoesRevelation.jpg

I don't know what is really going on in this picture. Are those loyalist EC fighting traitor kin? I think that's Eidolon but I do not know why he is melting. Anyways its not often you see Noise Marine artwork that gets you motivated. So I sat down at the desk and did some work. Mostly "sculpting", mostly.

To start with I am still trying to customize those sweet noise marines.

gallery_55057_11760_217116.jpg

I tried adding phonograph thing onto the MKIV helmet similar to the FW Kakophoni heads. And yes...FW did a better job. Mine looks like an air intake. So will have to keep practicing. Also, that is my second blastmaster with guitar wire. That stuff is difficult to bend smoothly but I love it!

And something I was very excited about...

gallery_55057_11760_209880.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_265057.jpg

gallery_55057_11760_393203.jpg

Finally got in some raptor jump pack bits so I could get to work on the subwoofer-amplifier backpack. Compared to the earlier one I did that has been gifted to a FW kakophoni I wanted something bigger and I think I got it. I still have exhaust vents and some vox grilles to add but I am happy with how it is shaping up. I just want to bulk out the lower bit and figure out how to smooth the green stuff.

Until next time thanks for stopping by!

Amazing conversion work, love the subwoofer backpack! If you want a smoother finish you could try using a ruler to flatten the green stuff. Like you spread a blob of GS over the part you wanted smooth, wet the GS and then flatten around the cylindrical parts with a ruler and then patch up with a sculpting tool (if that makes sense). Also for he phonograph part on the head, I think you're almost there already, if you make another ring of GS around the existing tube and sculpt it more outwards it could look less like an air intake. Always a pleasure to see an update from you, looking forward to seeing more!

• 4 weeks later...

Bawitdaba

-Ancient Terran Opera Chorus

He is listening to the lastest in Elevator Music.:facepalm: :tongue.: Finally an update .:tongue.: You are turning it into the long war :laugh.: . All kidding aside great update .

Holy cupcakes, you are right! At the rate I am going in two years this will be a built and painted army. Maybe:teehee:

BUT it will be my first one.:rolleyes:

Wow your sonic weapons are great, can't wait to see more!

Thanks! I need to recharge my batteries and crank out a few more.

I am very happy to finally put ideas in my head into a physical combination of plastic and putty. :biggrin.:

Amazing conversion work, love the subwoofer backpack! If you want a smoother finish you could try using a ruler to flatten the green stuff. Like you spread a blob of GS over the part you wanted smooth, wet the GS and then flatten around the cylindrical parts with a ruler and then patch up with a sculpting tool (if that makes sense). Also for he phonograph part on the head, I think you're almost there already, if you make another ring of GS around the existing tube and sculpt it more outwards it could look less like an air intake. Always a pleasure to see an update from you, looking forward to seeing more!

I am going to have to do this. I still want to add two little vox grilles and exhaust vents as well. One day my GS work will actually be worth showing off:happy.:

That last guy is the :censored::, you're making tinkering with Noise Maeine projects look very enticing...

Thanks! It is a magical experience. Just give in to Slaanesh. GIIIVE Innn...:ph34r.: ...there's free shrooms for signing up...

That is one helluva big bass! Well played.

Now I really want to know what is happening to Eidilon though...

Thanks! I also want to know as well. I need to catch up on a lot of HH books and I normally don't do audio books but I may have to make an exception.

---

So I have been working on another side project. Those things are diseases I tell ya. There is way too much stuff in the world of 30k-40k that I like and want have. However, my noise marines need to get some love and get ready for some paint since the weather is looking up. So to jumpstart I decided to put an idea to work...

gallery_55057_11760_118084.jpg

I need to clean up that gribbly on the eagles head.

This noise marine is the first part of a squad that goes with my leader. Being ever so lucky to get cooped up in a land raider with such an esteemed lord I wanted them to take on a body guard look. I originally wanted a palatine blade unit of killers but that will be put on hold for awhile.

Right now I am humming and awwwing over this. When I first saw those shields I immediately thought "FANCY BREACHERS" for the EC. Now I am pleased to have a way to fit them into my army. I am not concerned with WYSIWYG as I do not play in tournaments so I have the shields just to emphasize they are bodyguards shielding their lord. I am even thinking of fluff where these were gifted to the III Legion who defended the Emperor during the Proximan Betrayal.

I remember reading this is where the III Legion was the Emperor's body guard and defended him against insurrectionists to the last legion warrior. I would like to think that a shield was gifted to the III Legion by the Custodes for each marine that had fallen alongside the fact they got the palatine aquila. Another symbolic gift.

Hoping to get feedback on this just to get some different ideas and perspectives. And some feedback on what you all think on how it looks. As always, thanks for stopping by!

Edited by hushrong

The bodyguard is looking stellar! Instead of having the shields gifted by the custodes, I think having the emperor order his personal artificers to create a set of brand new shields be another option. That way it could be specifically made to commemorate their bravery and sort of like the emperor telling them to continue protecting their lords and one day the primarch as well. Also just in my head, but I imagine that power weapons were more favored than chainswords given the III legions obsession with beauty and arts (ex humming of a power sword vs roaring of a chainblade). Certainly looking forward to seeing more stuff from you whether it's your main project or not!

All is still slow on the Slaaneshi front...mostly from having broken one tool after another in one evening.

I actually had a sweet bubble of time to crank out some marines and as I got ready I dropped my pin vice and broke my last remaining bit. :ermm: Ok, whatever, I can drill out bolters at a later time when minis are built and glue is dried. Let me get my clippers then and snip a few pieces. Snapping away at bits and the the handle snaps.:mellow.: O...k... I guess I will get the xacto knife and...:eek: and immediately think of all the things can go wrong with that razor edged tool.

So I just back away and day dream about building minis as I reread Legion.

The bodyguard is looking stellar! Instead of having the shields gifted by the custodes, I think having the emperor order his personal artificers to create a set of brand new shields be another option. That way it could be specifically made to commemorate their bravery and sort of like the emperor telling them to continue protecting their lords and one day the primarch as well. Also just in my head, but I imagine that power weapons were more favored than chainswords given the III legions obsession with beauty and arts (ex humming of a power sword vs roaring of a chainblade). Certainly looking forward to seeing more stuff from you whether it's your main project or not!

I like that idea as well! Being gifted from the false Emperor himself makes it even more ironic? I am sure there is a good word for this that is escaping me.

Also, the idea of a power sword is great. Wondering if the GK falchions would do the trick or if there is something better. Speaking of power weapons, anyone have a good idea for a nice, fancy one to equip an EC lord with? However, I am also digging the idea of the phoenix spears too. 

Looks great, and that looks like the perfect chainsword for III legion.

Did you ever paint up the jump pack sorcerer from the start of the thread? One of my all-time favorites

I sadly have not painted that guy or much of anything sadly. Right now I am in the market for a metallic purple as the course for this army. I am sincerely hoping for a spray can of it so I can roll out this army quick. Plus, it will help with vehicles as I never had much success painting those with a brush.

Awesome idea! It looks great for the III, where is that sword from?

It is from the plastic SM Vanguard box. 

I am thinking about changing it up a bit though. I used mk7 arm, cut of the hands, and glued on the custodes shield. What I want to do now if finagle the shield so it is attached to the gauntlet of the marine so the hand can grip a bolt pistol and the other hand can hold a ccw.

Well, off to do some online shopping since nature decided to drop all the rain on Austin at once. As always thanks for stopping by!

• 3 weeks later...

"Hush, my child, ne’er say a word.

I shall buy you gold-caged birds.

And if those birds ne’er sings,

I will buy you golden rings.

And if those rings can't shine bright,

I will buy…"

It is a lullaby, a child’s song that originates back to our species earliest days. I find it entertaining that most view it as a song of a parent doing their utmost to please their child. What I picture when I hear this song is a spoilt child that can never be pleased.

-Remembrancer Auria De Fuhmari, Attached to the III Legio.

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/theironwithin/Mobile%20Uploads/4B99B3A7-BDA3-4C0E-9830-743833A299CF_zpsxmpdbhny.jpg

This guy in the middle, that's amazing mate. In my mind this is exactly the sort of pose a chaos sorcerer has !

I might steal this idea for an Alpha Legion Librarian if I get around to one.

Edited by Trixie

• 2 weeks later...

You look for me, inside the dark...

by Ciscandra Nostalghia. For me its a strange song but I quite like it and find it fitting for my Noise Marines.

Ouch !!!! I'am having a problem with a camera and a computer that don't want to work with each other:censored: :verymad: .

That is never a good thing. Hope it got sorted. I did get some new tools and it took awhile again to get the engine going but I got some work done.:wink:

I think the glaive encarmines from the sanguinary guard box would look really nice. For the EC lord there's a curved power sword from the Dark Eldar Kabalite Warriors box that I think would look good, phoenix spear sounds great too!

I will have to take a look. I am still gathering some bits to put him together. So far I am pretty excited for him.

"Hush, my child, ne’er say a word.

I shall buy you gold-caged birds.

And if those birds ne’er sings,

I will buy you golden rings.

And if those rings can't shine bright,

I will buy…"

It is a lullaby, a child’s song that originates back to our species earliest days. I find it entertaining that most view it as a song of a parent doing their utmost to please their child. What I picture when I hear this song is a spoilt child that can never be pleased.

-Remembrancer Auria De Fuhmari, Attached to the III Legio.

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p779/theironwithin/Mobile%20Uploads/4B99B3A7-BDA3-4C0E-9830-743833A299CF_zpsxmpdbhny.jpg

This guy in the middle, that's amazing mate. In my mind this is exactly the sort of pose a chaos sorcerer has !

I might steal this idea for an Alpha Legion Librarian if I get around to one.

Thanks! He is still one of my favorite minis ever. I loved him hopping around the battlefield summoning daemons for my buddies to deal with and loved him even more when he would become a bloodthirster.

If you make one yourself let me know!

---

Well, my buddies and I have been playing Heralds of Ruin and I have been loving it. There is something about skirmish games that I adore. Also, I have enjoyed the variety of teams I can build for my Alpha Legion. It has definitely been a step up from Kill Team without going so far as Zone Mortalis.

Now with Shadow War out I am all aboard and coming along with me for the ride are my Emperor's Children (for now...).

gallery_55057_11760_999124.jpg

The front two were brought up to this stage in the last two nights, which is a huge accomplishment for myself. Pretty happy to be painting again BUUUUUUT...I need some painting advice. I am an accomplished slow painter and barely a decent one at that. So for some reason I cannot think what color I should paint the organic tubing on the DV minis. There is still plenty left to do but that has been wracking my brain.

Aside from that I am waiting to get my copy of SWA to come in and I will get some time in with my Emperor's Children. Now that I think about it I need to scrounge up some meat shields for these boys.

As always thanks for stopping by!

Those guys are looking great so far, for slaanesh organic stuff you could look at daemon skin tones so if you add any daemons along side them at any point you can have the colours help unify the force. 

The daemonette pastel greay/purples could work well or a more vivid flesh pink?

I'm sure Duncan has a daemonette tutorial on the GW channel. 

Happy to see an update! I think a blue or green could look nice for the tubing. Looking forward to seeing them completed!

That is a gorgeous looking purple.

Gorgeous purple as The Psycho says, the Warband looks great as well. This thread always makes me want to work on my Noise Marines. :thumbsup:

Edit

For the tubing I would probably stick with a black or very dark grey.

He's painting!

Colours looking good so far, I'd think a turquoise or a bright, vivid green for the tubing.

Those guys are looking great so far, for slaanesh organic stuff you could look at daemon skin tones so if you add any daemons along side them at any point you can have the colours help unify the force.

The daemonette pastel greay/purples could work well or a more vivid flesh pink?

I'm sure Duncan has a daemonette tutorial on the GW channel.

I painted mine bleached bone . well one actually :wacko.: finding it hard to paint a chaos Marine:teehee: . But they look great like the purple .:yes:

Thanks gang! It feels great to be painting again and a good omen for this army haha. However, the purple I have here will be for my 40K EC...whenever GW makes us some new CSM kits. I am experimenting with something different for my "HH" looking EC.

As for the tubing I love the idea of grey flesh, and it would match Daemonettes if I ever ran them again. I think a light grey with a purple wash in the recess would be nice. Then for the open parts of tubing with the ribbed innards I will do those green and may even try to use that Nurgle Slime paint they have.

Well, in recent news, I goofed big this weekend and DID NOT BUY ANY PRIMER for when I had free time to paint. So I put this guy together instead:

gallery_55057_11760_337765.jpg

When Propsero came out and the world lost its breath at the sight of the Custodes I lusted over their standard. I knew that I had to have that piece and it had to go to my EC. Just look at that thing! Gosh its gorgeous! Later on Kizzdoug's army log I saw this piece of artwork. This standard bearer would fit just right in.

Knowing that the Custodes were a bit bigger I was wondering how the heck I would fit that bit onto a marine. Well, I entered Vazzy's VII Legion log and saw he figured it out. So I did the smart thing and copied him. So my hat is off to Vazzy for helping me put my Icon of Excess bearer together. He still needs a few touch ups but I am already pleased with him. Now I just need to figure out how to attach the Custodes shields to my marines gauntlets and I will have my "bodyguard" squad all ready.

Well, I got my Shadow War game in so hopefully I can put the terrain together soon and get a game in this Wednesday with the boys in purple. As always, thanks for stopping by!