[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

Haha the title of this thread is assault cannons for days.

Well now it can light up the nights as well!

I was going to keep my ba army to 3/3500, now with malcadors and javelins, assault marines buffs, it's likely to get expensive! I am going to workout how many assault cannons I can get in on a 3500 list now. There's so many options.. Javelins, dreads, preds, malcs etc etc, it's almost to good to be true!

Well played forge world, well played..

Hull and Sponson Heavy Bolters can be traded for Heaver Flamers for Free. Thats 3 Cannons.

Pintle Mounted Heavy Flamer -> Pintle Mounted Assault Cannon

4/4 Assault Cannons.

If you take the Demolisher, only 3 Assault Cannons.

Edited by Slipstreams

I cant believe what im reading here!

Were not death guard.

Were not Iron Hands.

Were blood angels!

We dont take ugly tanks like the Malcador.

Our legion motto is always "Fashion Over Function!

....but then again, a mobile bunker with 4 assault cannons...:blink:

Ah but they used the mastodon, plus, I'd do mine with some lovely artwork, and 'jazz it up a bit' lol

Put a sweet spoiler on it

Edited by Theredknight

Were not death guard.

Were not Iron Hands.

Were blood angels!

....but then again, a mobile bunker with 4 assault cannons...:blink.:

Ah but they used the mastodon, plus, I'd do mine with some lovely artwork, and 'jazz it up a bit' lol

I actually think the Mastodon looks fantastic.

Aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Were not death guard.

Were not Iron Hands.

Were blood angels!

....but then again, a mobile bunker with 4 assault cannons...:blink:

I actually think the Mastodon looks fantastic.

Aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Oh I love it too, it's such a brute force weapon! Flat panels make for lovely gold bling lol

So with the newest changes for the AoD Army List, what do you guys think of it? I'm looking at running Revelations now that it seems not bad to run with cheaper assault units. How would you equip a veteran squad to match the army that would be dropping out of a dreadclaw? I'm starting to get together some purchases and they're top on my list :) 

So with the newest changes for the AoD Army List, what do you guys think of it? I'm looking at running Revelations now that it seems not bad to run with cheaper assault units. How would you equip a veteran squad to match the army that would be dropping out of a dreadclaw? I'm starting to get together some purchases and they're top on my list :)

WS5 buff, power weapons and perhaps some combi flamer/ Melta for the pre-charge.

Now they are a little cheaper...

How do we feel about:

Command Squads

Until we get our own special units they are one of the few jump units available and thus gain turn one deep strike and shrouded with the Day of Revelation. Vigilators being able to take a jump pack (or perhaps a nearby Dread pod) means they can get a beefy cover save. Other than this, they have 2+ and can get a 6/5++ with combat shields.

An Apothecary can now be attached to the unit to beef up this survivability even further.

The fearless banner also has some great synergy with Day of Revelation, letting you keep those initial Jump units from running away when the enemy starts to shoot them up.

Essentially, they are fearless Tartaros terminators in combat, with less shooting of course, but Volkite Chargers are available.

Being able to absorb challenges with a random WS5 dude with a powerfist is a great boon too, as it keeps your HQ choice spamming out the DEATHFIRE wounds to the rest of the squad.

Edited by Charlo