[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

Well, destoryers work pretty well as a transport for moritat. They become more usable with us than any other legion - between a 5+ Cover, pinning on the rad weapons and all of the combat bonuses and now jump pack apothecaries, they can absolute chew through things.

Sure the unit is like 650 points but you just gotta use em right.

Well, destoryers work pretty well as a transport for moritat. They become more usable with us than any other legion - between a 5+ Cover, pinning on the rad weapons and all of the combat bonuses and now jump pack apothecaries, they can absolute chew through things.

Sure the unit is like 650 points but you just gotta use em right.

The rule of cool my man, the rule of cool.  :cool.:

Id also like to point out how useful Marksmen Vets are for us now.

If you're going to flank the enemy close to their lines from reserve, the chances of them being engaged by a close combat unit are pretty high, giving us a leg up with our -1 to wound. 

Remember to give your sergeants a CC weapon like an axe or a fist.

If you're going to flank the enemy close to their lines from reserve, the chances of them being engaged by a close combat unit are pretty high, giving us a leg up with our -1 to wound. 

Pretty much this. I'll always be running my 40k Firestorm squad as sniper vets now.

Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Two Hand Flamers, Sniper.

Dude. Seriously?

If you have the points:

2x Heavy Flamer, 8x Hand Flamers, Sniper.

OH WHATS THAT!? MY S3 HAND FLAMERS STILL WOUND YOUR T8 MC ON A 4+!? WELL AINT THAT A SHAME!

Or

CHARGE ME FOOLS, I DARE YA!

Edited by Slipstreams

Backpacks are magnetised. Not legal in 30k yet but...

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/20151115_163759_zpsumqrfkx7.jpg

FIRE AND DEATH.

And the load out I said is purely because my models are like that, it's a 40k Tac squad that I'll sub in as mk7 Veterans :P

Edited by Charlo

Pretty much this. I'll always be running my 40k Firestorm squad as sniper vets now.

Heavy Flamer, Flamer, Two Hand Flamers, Sniper.

The dream is real. :blink.:

Dude. Seriously?

If you have the points:

2x Heavy Flamer, 8x Hand Flamers, Sniper.

OH WHATS THAT!? MY S3 HAND FLAMERS STILL WOUND YOUR T8 MC ON A 4+!? WELL AINT THAT A SHAME!

Or

CHARGE ME FOOLS, I DARE YA!

Charlo is prepared. Charlo understands.

I WAS BORN IN THE HAND FLAMER, MOLDED BY IT.

I WAS BUT A MAN BEFORE I SAW THE DEATHFIRE!

My reputation also proceed's me from the BA section and my affinity to burninate.

But yes, outflanking firestorm vets are the new fave for me, super cheap and effective.

I'm list hammering at the moment and I just feel so free. You get a good 20-30 assault marines and apothecary support for SO CHEAP now.

Really thinking about it just HOT DAMN on assault marines...

About 12-15 dudes, Sergeant tricked out with shield and power weapon, two power weapons in the squad and another on the apothecary.

All for >350 points.

Just incredible, the only way they fall down slightly is that they are only WS4.

I don't think they are too cheap, they are still just a MEQ body and they give up fury of the legion for 12" movement, a fair trade IMO.

Some legions use units better than others, same as IF use Breachers and Heavy support marines :D

The smart thing to do is to give Vet Marksmen heavy flamers, have them come in on the flank and flame away.

....but I have just this weird urge to give them assault cannons, just for "umpf' factor.

....but then again, even if i put them on a home objective unit, the range will be to short to justify the 40 points.

Decisions decisions.

Assault cannons on infantry is a trap IMO, you can't move and even though it has a decent rate of fire you won't be doing much.

Also because they have natural rending you totally waste the sniper rule on them other than wounding T7 easier.

Obviously Terminators are the exception here :wink:

O theres no doubt its a bad idea, it just looks like stupid fun :laugh.: